Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Genre Finder 4.6 - Updated 20/07/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you, and thanks for the bug report, I'll try to get this fixed in the next version. A few versions ago I added the "Keep" list functionality - does this not provide what you are after?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Zuil

Post by Zuil »

Thank you for the reply Trix. I am not sure whether keep lists would be sufficient to do what I am looking for - i.e., keeping any/all current tags in place, but add any additional ones found.

Perhaps I am missing an elegant way to do this... I tried adding *Genre to the keep list (so that it would keep any Genres already in place) but it looks like that does not work for keep lists. I guess I could try to individually list every one of the couple of hundred of genres in my collection on my keep list - but I was wondering if there isn't some easier way to do this.

Just to clarify what I am trying to do - I already have 'first-level' genres for essentially all of my music - so a song may have 'Jazz' as a tag, and that is correct. But if 'Bebop' - a sub-genre of Jazz - comes up high on Last.Fm, I'd like to have "Jazz; Bebop" as my genre even if plain "Jazz" was not one of the tags found by the script. In an ideal world I'd love to be able to specify the order of these tags so that I'd be able to specify that "Jazz" (genre) should always come before "bebop" (subgenre), which should always come before "hard bop" (sub-subgenre)... but I would be happy to just be able to have them all jumbled up on the tag anyway!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll see what I can do in the next version. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

tim wrote:Do spaces not work in whitelist values?

For instance, I'm trying:

Liquid Funk=Drum and Bass

but Liquid Funk is still getting through.
This works fine for me. :-?
trixmoto

Re: Genre Finder 4.7 - Updated 14/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.7) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed automatic whitelist not working for Grouping field
- Added option to append new values to existing values

Post by Guest »

Thank you so much for the update Trix - this is perfect! I am now going through a lot of my music and adding some additional sub-genre tags!
Zuil

Post by Zuil »

Guest wrote:Thank you so much for the update Trix - this is perfect! I am now going through a lot of my music and adding some additional sub-genre tags!
Sorry - I accidentally left that last note as 'guest'. Thanks again! :-)

Cheers!
jonp

Post by jonp »

Thanks the update.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

I just notice that tagging of the songs that have multiple artists doesn't work. Before it was using the first artist to get genre, now it doesn't change my tag at all.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well this section of code hasn't change in a long time, but I'll take a look when I get a chance.
bucketmn

Post by bucketmn »

Having a little bit of trouble with the add-on. I uninstall-ed the add-on (made some setting changes and could not get default ones back to tag genres) and now can not get it to reinstall correctly. I was getting the "Proodcut installation error" and just solved that; however, now that I reinstalled it I am not getting the option under Tools>Scripts, there is no option to run the script.

Not sure what I have done as this was the first script I have used. Any help would be great - thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sounds like you've got a copy of "Scripts.ini" in your VirtualStore. You could try manually copying the section into the actual "Scripts.ini" file.
bucketmn

Post by bucketmn »

trixmoto wrote:Sounds like you've got a copy of "Scripts.ini" in your VirtualStore. You could try manually copying the section into the actual "Scripts.ini" file.
I am new to MM so not sure what you mean by VirtualStore. I found the "Scripts.ini" in the Scripts folder, but not sure what I would manually copy.

Thanks for the help!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

VirtualStore has nothing to do with MM, it's a Windows thing. The lines to copy are at the top of the "GenreFinder.vbs" file.
bucketmn

Post by bucketmn »

trixmoto wrote:VirtualStore has nothing to do with MM, it's a Windows thing. The lines to copy are at the top of the "GenreFinder.vbs" file.
Thanks for the help.

Ok copied from .vbs into the .ini file - no change, still not showing up as a option under Tools->Scripts. I can get Genre Finder to work by having it set to show the icon though so not sure what would be going on.