Easy way to fix inconsistent Album Art?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

wormywyrm

Easy way to fix inconsistent Album Art?

Post by wormywyrm »

Hi, I have a lot of album art inconsistencies and I was wondering if anyone has a way to fix them? Preferably I do not want to use Album Art Batch Finder because I already have the art I want to use associated with my music and I do not need to pull the art from the web.
MM to Grooveshark Playlist Sync w/ MonkeyShark.
http://lysle.net/projects/monkeyshark.php
rovingcowboy

Re: Easy way to fix inconsistent Album Art?

Post by rovingcowboy »

i don't look at that node. if i don't look at it then i don't know what monkey is confused about with the art and he does not change my art. normaly that is, but i've been getting lots of art removed from my songs. i thought it was fixed by replacement of the ccleaner. but i just spent a few hours replacing 4500 song's album covers and album artist names that monkey removed some time. :-?

guys this is getting to be a major pain in the a... with monkey removing art and tag information. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

wormywyrm wrote:Hi, I have a lot of album art inconsistencies and I was wondering if anyone has a way to fix them? Preferably I do not want to use Album Art Batch Finder because I already have the art I want to use associated with my music and I do not need to pull the art from the web.
You've got to be more specific then. What inconsistencies? What kind of things are you looking to do?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
wormywyrm

Post by wormywyrm »

The art is inconsistent across the songs that all belong to the same album.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Hello.

In the tree panel --> files to edit --> Inconsistent Album Art.
This will list all the inconsistent album art.

There is no automated way to fix this.
And it wouldn't make sense.
Because eventually the user has to choose which album art is the correct one.

Now to edit album art quickly.

1) make sure all albums have a consistent value in "album" and in "album artist"

2) go to the album art with detail view.

3) Now it's just a matter of right clicking the cover and selecting "edit album art properties"

Make sure "apply to all selected tracks" is checked.

Make your changes an press ok.

Hope that helps.

Ps: Alternative way(the one I use actually):

1)Enable the album art panel. Set it to "album art (selected)"

2)Go in details view

3)select a song and right click on the AA panel --> edit AA properties

In the properties window you have 2 arrows at the bottom to navigate across the tracks contained in the album.
Navigate to a track that as the right album art.

Make sure "apply to all tracks on the album" is checked.

Make your changes an press ok.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
some1

Post by some1 »

Dreadlau wrote:There is no automated way to fix this.
Sorry, but are you sure?

I'm sure there is a automated way to do it, and it does make sense (or it does to me!)
What if some of the tracks have album art - whereas some other don't. Could you not automate the method to tagging EVERY song in that album to be the same?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

some1 wrote:
Dreadlau wrote:There is no automated way to fix this.
Sorry, but are you sure?

I'm sure there is a automated way to do it, and it does make sense (or it does to me!)
What if some of the tracks have album art - whereas some other don't. Could you not automate the method to tagging EVERY song in that album to be the same?
Did you read my post above?
I explain exactly how to do that.

Edit: Sorry I miss-red your last post.
I don't know of any way to achieve that automatically.
Maybe it's scriptable.
But that would only be useful in the particular case you described.
It wouldn't be suitable for other sorts of inconsistencies. ( e.g: albums containing different arts )
wormywyrm

Post by wormywyrm »

Even if we have to choose between album arts when there are inconsistancies, it would be nice to have one screen where all the inconsistancies are lined up side by side (like a big table where each row represents an album and each column represents a different piece of art) so we can easily choose which album is the correct one via a single click.

I have like 500 albums with inconsistant art. I dont want to have to select each one, right click, go to properties, go to album art tab, remove the art I dont like, and save. It is a pain in the rear and I haven't had the time or patience to do it yet.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

wormywyrm wrote:Even if we have to choose between album arts when there are inconsistancies, it would be nice to have one screen where all the inconsistancies are lined up side by side (like a big table where each row represents an album and each column represents a different piece of art) so we can easily choose which album is the correct one via a single click.

I have like 500 albums with inconsistant art. I dont want to have to select each one, right click, go to properties, go to album art tab, remove the art I dont like, and save. It is a pain in the rear and I haven't had the time or patience to do it yet.
Nice idea, as long as the dimensions/resolutions of each images are visible.

I guess this is the kind of function that could be scripted.