Windows Phone 7 Sync

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

habajaba

Windows Phone 7 Sync

Post by habajaba »

As a new convert from iPhone to Windows Phone 7, I would love to be able to use MM with my new phone!
Lowlander

Re: Windows Phone 7 Sync

Post by Lowlander »

It didn't work when you tried it?
habajaba

Post by habajaba »

Nope. Should it? Maybe I need to tweak my configuration?

I noticed in the AddOns page that it says the WMDM plugin doesn't work with the Zune. And I see no mention of the Zune or Windows Phone 7 in the device compatibility wiki.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Windows Phone 7 was launched yesterday so it probably hasn't been tested yet. Can others confirm it doesn't work for them either?
habajaba

Post by habajaba »

For the record, I'm a software developer and would be happy to work with the MM devs to get them any technical info they may need.
JoeCamel

Post by JoeCamel »

I just got the windows phone 7 Samsung Focus and MM does not recognize it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I doubt MM will ever be able to support it - based on what I heard you need to use the Zune software to manage the Windows 7 phone and even since the Zune release it has been impossible to add Zune support in MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jiri

Post by jiri »

For the record, I'm a software developer and would be happy to work with the MM devs to get them any technical info they may need.
I haven't studied this myself yet, but do you or anybody else know whether there's any way how to sync it outside of Zune?

Jiri
habajaba

Post by habajaba »

I cannot find anyone who has been able to sync a WP7 or Zune outside of the Zune software. But, wasn't that the same story with the iPhone + iTunes at one point?

Anything is possible, so long as you have the knowledge and ability to figure it out, right? :D

If I can log anything for you, just let me know. I'd love to continue using MM and will do what I can to help make that a reality.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There seem to be hacks to get Windows Phone 7 sync setup as a standard USB sync: http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/18/regi ... dows-phon/
DewMe

Post by DewMe »

This registry hack shows possibilities. I can access the files via Explorer, but I'm still not able to see my Samsung Focus in MM.

I suspect it is because it doesn't have, and I can't assign a drive letter to it. MM thinks it sees it as Q: but that doesn't work.
mmfan

Post by mmfan »

Even if you copy music files to WP7 using that reg hack, the phone won't recognize those files because it wasn't authorized through the Zune software. :cry:
y8 | Miniclip | y3 | friv | ben10 |
Sick Boy

Post by Sick Boy »

There are any plans to make Media Monkey compatible with Windows Phone 7? I'm deciding between a phone with Android or WP7 and I'd like to sync my music with MM.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I doubt it at this point as Microsoft has that road blocked off. I assume unless the community in general finds ways around this blockade (like with Apple) that you won't see it in MediaMonkey either.
Sick Boy

Post by Sick Boy »

Thanks for the reply. Then I probably adquire a Nexus One or a Samsung Galaxy S, I don' like to be force to use a software (Zune) instead of something that I prefer (MM).