MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.2.1

Post by rovingcowboy »

with the number of errors in this script that have not been addressed by the author of the script in the past year and as has
already been pointed out by another member the author has not been back in over a year.

and as pointed out in another post in this thread i've sent email to said author at their email address and i have not heard back from them and its been since june i sent that email.

not with standing the fact you are a constant and great author peke.
nobody said any of your scripts are dead because they have not been updated.
we know you are here and if anyone said anything bad about them you would have jumped on them to correct the scripts.

now as for the removal of my post content that was not warranted to be done.

as the content did to you what it was designed to do. "GET THE VIEWERS ATTENTION" as it got yours. some people skip over the thread posts to the last one and reply with thier error or question. the multiple lined post is needed in that case
so they see it when they scroll down the page. so whom ever removed it is very obvious not thinking as a viewer in the forums. or has let the power of moderator go to their head. which ever you want to think like. but i think its they are not thinking like a viewer of the forum. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Peke wrote:And finally PLEASE RESPECT Author.

Note that Several Scripts and plugins I no longer develop which doesn't mean they are DEAD. :x :evil:
Peke, this is more than just a script. It is also an application that adds Registry entries. There are 2 parts to it.
This outdated script / application is causing users all sorts of problems.
I made the post about it being DEAD to try and alert people to the problems it causes.
I think it causes too many problems without anyone able to provide any helpful support, and it only tarnishes MediaMonkey.

Any mod is free to delete my post if they want, but I was only trying to help.

Kind regards... :wink:
alex_lorenzo

Post by alex_lorenzo »

Hi all!

New to this forum (and to MediaMonkey). Great program and lots of good folks sharing their expertise in this forum.

I too had problems with MonkeyFlow: with one of my filters, only a few albums would appear. These covers did appear in other filters or in the unfiltered view.

The configuration of the filter included filtering by path with the following patter:
Criteria... Match: Any
Property... Path/Filename... contains... and the values were "\folder 1\" "\folder 2\" "\folder 3\" (WITHOUT QUOTES)
Also
Property... Genre... equals... "genre_1".

These folders worked ok for filtering the view (ANY was mandatory, since they were in different absolute paths), and I only had tracks in any of those routes, plus all tracks in the genre "genre_1". Note that the text between the slashes were real folder names.

But... no album art except for songs in "genre_1"!

How I solved it: just ditch the slashes in the path/filename property:
"folder_1", "folder_2" and "folder_3" (without quotes) where now key words or wildcards (not real folder names, but included distinct part of some folder names), and it worked equally as fine for filtering purposes.

Now all the album art is show in MonkeyFlow. None of the methods outlined in the previous 47 pages (!!) would work for me, but I have to admit that apart from that problem, MonkeyFlow works great in my computer, as does MediaMonkey (with quite a few addons and scripts, and over 38000 tracks for 2160 albums; in the above described filtered I have 1368 tracks for 80 albums).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

was that slash you took away in the song file pathway?

because i have all the album art under the name of the artist or album and all in the one folder for album art.
and monkeyflow still won't show all the album art.. which is why i took monkeyflow out.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

dypsis,
You are right and it makes problems, but at time it was really important part of MM and should be treated with respect no matter if it outdated. I still say that Win 98 SE is great and speak of it with respect.

I'll post warning in first post as information.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nohitter151

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.2.1 (NOT DEVELOPED ANYMORE)

Post by nohitter151 »

I still don't see any post by the author, flashk, where he said he was stopping development of this addon. I don't think you should assume his plans for this addon without any confirmation by him, it seems disrespectful.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

nohitter151 wrote:I still don't see any post by the author, flashk, where he said he was stopping development of this addon. I don't think you should assume his plans for this addon without any confirmation by him, it seems disrespectful.
So what if we never ever see another post or update by flask again?
Do we still say it is in development even though many users are having issues that haven't been addressed in a very long time?

At what point in time do you decide that unwary MediaMonkey users need to be warned?
Don't get me wrong, guys. I am not trying to create an argument here, but I see so many posts in this thread asking for help, and in most cases, they cannot be helped.

It is a very troublesome script/application.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nohitter151 and peke
as said in my first post at the top of this page.
already been pointed out by another member the author has not been back in over a year.

and as pointed out in another post in this thread i've sent email to said author at their email address and i have not heard back from them and its been since june i sent that email.

and i still have a pm in my out box here to him so if he should ever login again he will see there are errors in his script.
but that pm has been there since june 25th 2010 also. which means he has not logged in.

to me no contact from someone in that long to anyone in the forum is grounds for a dead script remark. but even more so if you think on the fact that he could have looked at the post as a guest and still did not login to say he would fix it.
which would lead one to believe he looked it over as a guest viewer and seen it is going in to mm 4 and thought great they will fix it.

but no conntact at all well even diddeleedoo made contact faster then this flashk member. when diddeleedoo had to move he told me and i posted in the forum then he popped in when he could and posted.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Besides MonkeyRok and Imbedded Visualization, MonkeyFlow was my favorite add-on. :( I still get it to work, but it is off center and does not always show the right album art a lot of the time. I still have it installed but not currently open. Would be great to get this working again somehow.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Been reading this for a long time now and i did have an issue after using Spybot S&D. Shortly afterwards my SSD died and i replaced it. After reinstalling Windows 7 MonkeyFlow has performed pretty well flawlessly. If it works keep it.
alex_lorenzo

Post by alex_lorenzo »

rovingcowboy wrote:was that slash you took away in the song file pathway?
Yes. EX: d:\music\classical\my folder_1\folder 2\tracks.mp3

When using "\my folder_1\" it would show no album art for those tracks (i.e., its a real path)
changing it to just "folder_1" made the trick (no quotes; it's part of a path).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

that does not make sense if you have it in those two folders it should need a \ mark to show its two folders.?

unless you are trying to do use two different file folder locations in the one pathway? and let it pick which folder the file is in.

but i did not know you could do that with a pathway. i thought it had to be an absolute path to the file.
but monkey is not the place you changed the pathway or the songs would not be found. so i'm guessing it is in the code
for the monkeyflow script someplace that you changed it? 8) :o
alex_lorenzo

Post by alex_lorenzo »

rovingcowboy wrote:that does not make sense if you have it in those two folders it should need a \ mark to show its two folders.? unless you are trying to do use two different file folder locations in the one pathway? and let it pick which folder the file is in.
Well, for MediaMonkey purposes, using the slashes in the path name just worked fine. It listed all the tracks in correct order etc. But not using the slashes, even more, using partial names of paths (i.e.: part of a folder name) worked just as fine.

It's monkey flow that does not like slashes; you take them out, album art appears ok for all traks.

I'm looking forward to version 4 of MediaMonkey, with a "flowing" album broser of its own!!
DMPCo

Post by DMPCo »

i just reinstalled system from crash. put mediamonkey 3.2.4 back on and put this plugin back in the auto script folder.
before i had my system crash this worked perfectly fine now all it does is only show a white screen in the embedded window.
no options come up when i click inside it either also when i try to just load the plugin .exe i get nothing. any help would be
great as i love this plugin.

my system
win 7 x64
8 gigs ram
ati 5970
3tb hd space
DMPCo

Post by DMPCo »

Bump