Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Galen

Re: Play History & Stats Node 4.0.1 (2010-02-07)

Post by Galen »

That is what i feared. It is unfortunate as I believe this would be a sexy bit of functionality.

I use the 'auto playlist' support inherent in Mediamonkey to a pretty high level, but they just dont offer enough query options.
The ability to use one of your scripts 'nodes' as a source to create an 'auto playlist' from would be an awesome piece of functionality.

I'm not familiar with the scripting support of MM too much, if that is functionality that can be extended easily in MM or not.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Seem to be unable to download from the link in the page one entry by Bex. Is the file still being actively worked on, and what's an alternate download?
MM Gold since 2006
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It works for me...
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

It's weird - when I click on the link to download, it just cycles through "Your download is starting.." and just stays. I don't have a problem downloading any other scripts and this is the first time it's happened to me.
MM Gold since 2006
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

try right clicking to download it or try it with another browser.

martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Hmm, tested with FF 3.6.12 & IE 8.0.7600 and neither one could get it. With IE I get a 403 error message "The website declined to show this webpage" after clicking to download. And if right-clicking to download I get an error message that the site is down. :(

EDIT:

I tried a couple of Bex's other scripts and I get them fine through FF 3 by just clicking the link, just not this one.
MM Gold since 2006
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Very weird because it works for me with IE8 FF3 and Chrome.

martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Even with Kaspersky shut off (I thought maybe it was blocking this particular file for some odd reason), I can't get it. Is there a way someone could upload to a different place temporarily for me? I would really like to try the new version.
MM Gold since 2006
Bex

Post by Bex »

Strange, I uploaded it again to mediafire, try this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u072rx5ydd1qbhz

Does it work?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Bex, this got it, thanks! I have no idea why I couldn't d/l the other file.
MM Gold since 2006
Bex

Post by Bex »

Great!

Let me know what you think about the update!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
vliegh

Post by vliegh »

I succesfully installed the script. Works fine, but it does not seem to take songs I played on my iPod into account. When I sync my iPod the #played count for a song is updated if the song has been played on my iPod. However, I played a an album on my iPod today, but it does not appear in the "Play History & Stats" for this week. Is this correct? Is there a solution for that?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

That's likely due to the fact that iPods don't retain a full history of the plays. Only a count and Last Played date and time. Thus, upon sync it will update these two fields, but adds nothing to MM's PlayHistory table, which retains a full history of your playing statistics (meaning each time a song is played, the date and time is stored here). This script pulls it's information from this part of the Database, as using only the Playcount or Last Played date and time wouldn't allow you to see if a song was played last week, if you've already played it again this week. Thus, this is a limitation on Apple's part, and less MM/this script.

Some people prefer to insert "fake plays" into the play history table to account for these iPod plays. There's some scripts around here that would help you do that, such as the Add/Remove PlayStats script also by Bex. It also works in reverse, as it can reset the playcount and last played to the count and latest entry for songs in the Playhistory table, thus removing the plays added from the iPod. Or, you could just leave it alone, and just continue on like you are now.
vliegh

Post by vliegh »

Thank you for the clear reply. Another iPod hick up/shortcoming. Unfortunately they are the only one sofar to sell mp3 players with a capacity of 160GB, so I'm afraid I am stuck with it. I have the Bex scrypt you are referring installed, but frankly speaking it is just too much work do adjust it all manually.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

vliegh wrote:I have the Bex scrypt you are referring installed, but frankly speaking it is just too much work do adjust it all manually.
Once you do the manual catchup, it shouldn't be too extensive to keep up with as long as you use it each time you sync. Personally, my mp3 doesn't store the data in the playhistory table either, and I use the add/remove script each time I sync my player in order to have my db as up to date as possible.