Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Josh

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by Josh »

Goodog wrote:Hi NoHitter

Many thanks for th ereply and the advice however, when I change the script as shown in the wiki, I get the following error message...

File C:\Users etc\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\lyricator.vbs cannot be opened:
The file may be unavailable or you my not have permission to access it.

Before I changed the script the file opened but didn't work as described previously. What have I done wrong.

Thanks and best regards

Goodog
I used to get that error. It had something to do with running MediaMonkey as an administrator. My fix. Uninstall Lyricator. Exit MediaMonkey. Right click the Media Monkey executable (or shortcut) and choose "run as administrator." Now right click the lyricator installer choose "run as administrator" and it should work. If you need to restart MM to finish script installation go through the run as administrator process when reopening it.
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

Josh wrote:I used to get that error. It had something to do with running MediaMonkey as an administrator. My fix. Uninstall Lyricator. Exit MediaMonkey. Right click the Media Monkey executable (or shortcut) and choose "run as administrator." Now right click the lyricator installer choose "run as administrator" and it should work. If you need to restart MM to finish script installation go through the run as administrator process when reopening it.
the thing is: if you reinstall Lyricator, all changes that you made before are gone. Changing the script after reinstalling causes the error message again.

So I tried to edit the mmip file before installing it, but after that MM complained about an "invalid installing package". :(

So what did I do wrong?
Last edited by BlueDragon on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Sorry I can only help with basic troubleshooting one of these code monkeys (punnage) will help you out.

That being said, I think I've found another random issue/annoyance. Lyrics VIP (unsure of other sources) doesn't return lyrics if you don't have perfect captitalization. For example, Lyrics VIP has lyrics for all of One Without's album Thoughts of a Secluded Mind but lyricator didn't return lyrics for the song "Lost to Solitude" because in my library it is tagged as "Lost To Solitude". This is really an issue of me being lazy with my tagging but it would be cool if the script could work out the capitalization issue itself.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

BlueDragon wrote:the thing is: if you reinstall Lyricator, all changes that you made before are gone. Changing the script after reinstalling causes the error message again.

So I tried to edit the mmip file before installing it, but after that MM complained about an "invalid installing package". :(

So what did I do wrong?
How did you edit it before installing?

By changing the extension to .zip, extracting, editing, re-zipping then changing the extension back to .mmip?
Stop Button Freak
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Just a few comments:

The simple way to disable LyrDb (or any other problematic site) is to disable it in the Options dialog. No need to edit the Lyricator .JS file unless you are an experienced JavaScript writer.

That's too bad that any site requires an exact, case-sensitive match for their strings. It's quite easy (and I would think a very basic step) to UPPER() the API's input, and compare with a likewise UPPER() version of their data. To compensate for this on the Lyricator (your computer) side would add enormous processing overhead, not to mention slowing down search performance. Consider having to try various iterations of Title Text case changes for The Orb's "A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre of the Ultraworld: live mix mk 10." :o

If you try to edit the script, don't forget to make a backup copy of the installed version so that you can restore it easily.

I see no reason to edit the script to bypass any tracks that already have content in the Lyrics tag. Users may WANT to update those tracks. Perhaps it could be incorporated as an option, but I personally see it as trivially easy for a user to enable the Lyrics column in detailed view and select tracks accordingly (or use the advanced search feature and filter out any with Lyrics populated). When you put an automated decision like this in a script. you take control away from the user. YMMV. Perhaps I'm overlooking something in the suggested changes.... :-?

I'm sure SquirrelScript can comment on suggestions and problems, he's probably taking a well-earned rest from his significant efforts at the end of the year. :wink:
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

Vyper wrote:
BlueDragon wrote:the thing is: if you reinstall Lyricator, all changes that you made before are gone. Changing the script after reinstalling causes the error message again.

So what did I do wrong?
How did you edit it before installing?

By changing the extension to .zip, extracting, editing, re-zipping then changing the extension back to .mmip?
yes, I thought it was worth a try. I wanted to myke Lyricator work in MM4.
raharris

Post by raharris »

Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not.

1) Very, very happy to see Lyricator again. Downloaded and installed last nite

2) On a Windows PRO 7 machine, I ran Lyricator and it hangs up at Lyra.db. Work around was to uncheck it in setup. Not sure if this is related or not.

3) I ran Lyricator (without Lyra.db) and was able to find Lyrics as in the good old days. Able to "Save" the lyrics.

But, when I went to another entry in my database (that was not Lyricated), it appeared to have no songs attached to the artist. No music to play. No nothing. Only way to fix problem was to reboot MediaMonkey. Songs were still there and all played OK,etc. This bug was reproducible.

Any thoughts, suggestions or info I can provide to help debug.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

raharris wrote:Thought I posted this earlier but I guess not.

1) Very, very happy to see Lyricator again. Downloaded and installed last nite

2) On a Windows PRO 7 machine, I ran Lyricator and it hangs up at Lyra.db. Work around was to uncheck it in setup. Not sure if this is related or not.

3) I ran Lyricator (without Lyra.db) and was able to find Lyrics as in the good old days. Able to "Save" the lyrics.

But, when I went to another entry in my database (that was not Lyricated), it appeared to have no songs attached to the artist. No music to play. No nothing. Only way to fix problem was to reboot MediaMonkey. Songs were still there and all played OK,etc. This bug was reproducible.

Any thoughts, suggestions or info I can provide to help debug.

Thanks
I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to say. Be specific about what the error actually is, you are sort of talking around it.
raharris

Post by raharris »

Installed Lyricator. In error I tiold you on a Windows 7 machine. It was actually installed on an XP Service Pack 3 machine

I ran Lyricator on a few albums. It found some Lyrics and saved them. Johnny Cash album, as an example.

I then went to the "tree" to look at another another album in my database, Norah Jones as an example. This album had no interaction with Lyricator.

Norah Jones was visible in the tree but there were no "apparent" song entries for this Norah Jones album. Same for other albums I tried.

Closed down MediaMonkey. Returned to Norah Jones album -> all songs are there and they are playable.

Repeated process of finding some Lyrics with Lyricator with another album (Rod Stewart)

Went to the tree to play Sam Cooke -> no songs apparent.

Closed down MediaMonkey -> restart MediaMonkey -> Sam Cooke is fine and playable.
Josh

Post by Josh »

raharris wrote:Installed Lyricator. In error I tiold you on a Windows 7 machine. It was actually installed on an XP Service Pack 3 machine

I ran Lyricator on a few albums. It found some Lyrics and saved them. Johnny Cash album, as an example.

I then went to the "tree" to look at another another album in my database, Norah Jones as an example. This album had no interaction with Lyricator.

Norah Jones was visible in the tree but there were no "apparent" song entries for this Norah Jones album. Same for other albums I tried.

Closed down MediaMonkey. Returned to Norah Jones album -> all songs are there and they are playable.

Repeated process of finding some Lyrics with Lyricator with another album (Rod Stewart)

Closed down MediaMonkey -> restart MediaMonkey -> Sam Cooke is fine and playable.
I'm using Windows 7, and was unable to get your error to happen on my machine. But that is certainly a big problem. Out of curiosity does anything happen if you run lyricator while viewing your entire library at once?
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

raharris wrote:Installed Lyricator. In error I tiold you on a Windows 7 machine. It was actually installed on an XP Service Pack 3 machine

Haven't seen this on WinXP Pro. I can't imagine how Lyricator is responsible ... but we can try to duplicate it.

Under what node in the tree are you looking up the Artist? Library, Location, or...? Some nodes (My Computer for instance), you wont' see the tracks until you expand the node and select "All" underneath.

A screen shot showing when this happens to you would help immensely.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
raharris

Post by raharris »

Will be home later today and will see what I can do to recreate error and psot some pics
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

I run everything as administrator as a matter of course so that's not the cause but I've tried both editing the javascript and setting the options as suggested and nothing works for me but, strangely enough, I can get it work on my work PC and even with no editing and all option boxes tick it still works.... I'm at a loss to explain it.

Edit: Actually, on my work PC, our IT have switched off the UAC so I can't run as administrator here, I wonder if that has a bearing on things.....surely not but I'm thinking back to version 3 when the windows 7 taskbar didn't work if you ran MM3 as admin, it's worth a try and wouldn't take long to verify but, obviously I can't do it until I get home. I'll try it then and let youguys know what happens but I've just tried again here and it works fine even with all the lyric sites selected and with no changes made to the javascript.... :o :-?

Best Regards

Goodog
raharris

Post by raharris »

I am happy to report I cannot reproduce the problem.

I Lyricated about 4000 songs, total, without incident.

MediaMonkey had no issues, the Lyrics looked OK (did not check everyone), etc. I ran up a batch of up to 1000 songs without issue. Tired it with other stuff going on (copying other files) - no problems.

I did reboot my machine prior to running Lyricator again, as M$ updated my machine, and perhaps that fixed an issue with my machine causing the problem.

Otherwise, I dunno.

Very glad to have Lyricator back.
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

raharris wrote:I am happy to report I cannot reproduce the problem....
Good news. I ran Lyricator and then clicked on artists in the Album Artist, Artist, and Composer nodes, and tracks showed up for individuals in each.