no active device detected

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

kiwichick

no active device detected

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, I have been using MM for along time and use it regularly to sync my iPod, Mini SD Card and an external HDD. Today when I went to put some new songs on the SD Card, MM no longer recognises it. When I try to sync I get this error message:

No active device has been detected. Please reconnect the device or (re)configure it.

I can see it in the My Computer node in MM. The same thing happens with a different Mini SD Card and my HDD but mu iPod is fine. I have reconnected many times. I'm not entirely sure what to do when it comes to reconfiguring but I can't see it (or my HDD) on the Portable/Audio Devices list.
nohitter151

Re: no active device detected

Post by nohitter151 »

In cases where MM sees the device as an external drive you have to configure the d_usbmass plugin. Options > Portable /Audio devices > Choose USBMASS > Configure > Device configuration tab > choose drive letter from drop down menu
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Sorry for the late reply nohitter151, And thanks for the solution. That worked a treat!! Although I still don't understand why it's been working just fine and then, all of a sudden, it stopped.
telliott

Post by telliott »

This worked great for my MicroSD card (in a SD adapter) but I had to reuse a configuration I set up for my old Archos, which still works. How do I add a new device and choose what type of device it is (What DLL to use)? There seems to be no way, which is maddening

Tim
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

telliott wrote:This worked great for my MicroSD card (in a SD adapter) but I had to reuse a configuration I set up for my old Archos, which still works. How do I add a new device and choose what type of device it is (What DLL to use)? There seems to be no way, which is maddening

Tim
Go to the MediaMonkey installation folder, then \Plugins\ folder, and make a copy of d_USBmass1.dll named d_USBmass2.dll. You can do this for as many instances of the plugin as you like. Then, when you start MM, each plugin will be available to configure individually.

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Sorry this might be getting a bit off track for this post but I have an autoplaylist that uses the "Synchronization status" criteria but since I've had to reconfigure the card in MM it no longer shows as a choice for this criteria. Is that normal or is there something else I need to do (or have done already that I shouldn't have)?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

kiwichick wrote:Sorry this might be getting a bit off track for this post but I have an autoplaylist that uses the "Synchronization status" criteria but since I've had to reconfigure the card in MM it no longer shows as a choice for this criteria. Is that normal or is there something else I need to do (or have done already that I shouldn't have)?
It should show there, have you actually synced anything to it yet?

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Sorry for the slow reply nohitter151, Yes I've synced songs to the card several times.