Okay I've been doing some work and found this on MM. I think this is what I am looking for to sync my ipod up to MM. But....I got as far as #2 Click Edit..>Preferences and there is no syncing tab. So I really need someone to help me step by step. Thank you so much in advance for helping me.
Prepare the iPod / iPhone (or compatible device)
1. Connect your iPod and run iTunes
2. Click Edit > Preferences and on the Syncing tab, enable 'Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods'.
3. Click on your iPod in the iTunes tree and on the Summary tab
3.1. Disable 'Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected' and 'Open iTunes when this iPod is connected'
3.2. Disable 'Sync only checked songs and videos'
3.3. Enable 'Manually manage music and videos' and 'Enable disk use'
4. Select the 'Music' tab in iTunes
4.1. Disable 'Sync Music'
4.2. Enable 'Display Album Artwork on your iPod'
5. On the Movies, TV Shows, and Podcasts tabs, disable the 'Sync Movies', 'Sync TV Shows', 'Sync Podcasts' options.
6. Eject the iPod and close iTunes
If you are using an iPhone or iPod Touch, do not uninstall iTunes.
Note: In some cases it may be necessary to delete existing content from the device by using the iTunes Updater to restore the device to its factory condition.
For tracks to play at the correct volume on your iPod, you should either:
Analyse the volume of all tracks in your collection via Tools > Analyse Volume
Enable automatic volume analysis via Tools > Options > Volume Leveling > Automatically analyse volume of unanalysed Tracks
Configure the iPod
1. Start MediaMonkey and plug in the iPod
2. Go to Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices, select your iPod (make sure that it is checked), and press 'Configure'.
If your iPod doesn't show up in the list, try restarting MediaMonkey.
3. In the Device Configuration tab, you can leave the defaults as is, but make sure that both iPod Compatibility Settings are enabled.
4. In the Auto-sync Options tab,
enable 'Delete Tracks that aren't on the Auto-sync List' and 'Confirm deletion'
and enter \iPod_Control\Games_RO\ in the 'Except Folders' field.
With these enabled, whenever you Auto-sync, you'll be given the option of deleting Audio tracks that aren't on the Auto-sync list, except for those that are used in iPod games.
5. In the Auto-sync List tab, choose which Tracks to sync.
6. In the Auto-Conversion tab, choose whether to convert Tracks to MP3 (note: 'Level volume' is not needed for iPods since MediaMonkey syncs Soundcheck values which the iPod uses to level volume).
Auto-Sync your Tracks
1. Set the mode of the Synchronize button on the toolbar to 'Auto-Synchronize', and if multiple devices exist, choose your iPod using the small button adjacent to the Synchronize button.
2. Connect your iPod to your PC and click the Synchronize button. After a bit of time, you should be asked whether to delete Tracks from the iPod. Go ahead and delete them (they'll be resynched from the PC).
Tracks will sync to the iPod per your configuration.
Manually Sync your Tracks
If you want to do a one-time manual sync of set of Tracks:
1. Select a Playlist, AutoPlaylist or a group of tracks and drag them onto the Device node or onto the Device button.
Select the tracks you wish to sync and right-click Send to > iPod Device .
From the Now Playing Dialog, click Copy > Copy to Portable Device.
2. Or, if you plan on always synchronizing in this manner, set the mode of the Synchronize button on the toolbar to 'Synchronize Selected'. Then Select a Playlist, AutoPlaylist, or group of Tracks and click the Synchronize button.
The selected Tracks and Playlists will sync to the iPod per per your configuration.
Disconnecting the iPod
MediaMonkey can be configured to automatically close the connection to the PC after synchronization. If this feature isn't enabled, then right-click on the iPod and click 'Safely Remove Device'.