How to stop mediamonkey starting when I plug in my iphone?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

How to stop mediamonkey starting when I plug in my iphone?

Post by Guest »

Hey

I use Mediamonkey for organising my media collection and itunes for syncing with my iphone and playing music. However every time I plug in my iphone to my pc mediamonkey starts. This is very irritating. I have tried disabling sync but it still opens. How can I prevent this?

Thanks
nohitter151

Re: How to stop mediamonkey starting when I plug in my iphone?

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
wow

That shouldn't work

Post by wow »

gonna repost what i wrote somewhere else
That doesn't help at all. I just read it. And I have the same problem. It wont work. MediaMonkey will open when an ipod is dectected opening on the computer. what you suggested won't do a thing because it won't stop the ipod from being detected. which he probably wants his ipod to be detected because otherwise he wouldn't be plugging it into the pc and having this problem.

if someone finds a real solution tell me. I'm looking for one and if I don't find one then I don't want it to be a reason not to delete media monkey

Re: How to stop mediamonkey starting when I plug in my iphone?

Post by Guest »

NEVER MIND IT WORKS PERFECTLY I"M SORRY PLEASE DELETE MY OTHER POSTS
KrazdKiller

Re: How to stop mediamonkey starting when I plug in my iphon

Post by KrazdKiller »

not to be rude but i'm not buying for one second that the only way to keep mm from opening on startup or when my ipod is connected is to disable autoplay. i use autoplay, and have no intention of disabling it. now why don't you simply give us the service name, startup location, etc.... where we can fix this problem.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

KrazdKiller wrote:not to be rude but i'm not buying for one second that the only way to keep mm from opening on startup or when my ipod is connected is to disable autoplay. i use autoplay, and have no intention of disabling it. now why don't you simply give us the service name, startup location, etc.... where we can fix this problem.
This is not controlled by MM, there's no option for it. It's only based on your Windows autoplay settings.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

KrazdKiller, did you actually try the autoplay option? You don't have to disable autoplay. You will find by following the intructions, you can choose the autoplay options for individual devices. For those experiencing this problem they will find mediamonkey is the default selection for their ipod/iphone. Simply change it to whatever you want.
RTwinkie

Post by RTwinkie »

The link worked for me. I am just too "new" at Windows 7 to know my way around!
Thanks!
MediaMonkeyedIPhoneUser

Post by MediaMonkeyedIPhoneUser »

Some bad (or maybe just old) information on the thread above. It absolutely is not a matter of deleting it from Autoplay and it definitely is "not just Windows". The installation for version 4.0.3.176 of MediaMonkey adds 4 Autoplay registry entries when it installs and does not give a UI opton in the settings to disable them.

None of the solutions above work Windows XP. But this is the way to do it.

To stop MediaMonkey from launching when you plug in your iPhone, do the following:

1. Start Regedit.exe (continue with caution! -- create a backup or a System Restore Point first)
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\

There are several MediaMonkey event handlers, but the MediaMonkeyStartHandler was the one that caused the issue.

Delete the MediaMonkeyStartHandler from the location above and this annoying behavior instantly goes away.
RFSTech

Post by RFSTech »

Deleting the "MediaMonkeyStartHandler" registry key from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\MediaMonkeyDeviceArrival\" worked for me (in Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit)!

Post by Guest »

[quote="MediaMonkeyedIPhoneUser"]Some bad (or maybe just old) information on the thread above. It absolutely is not a matter of deleting it from Autoplay and it definitely is "not just Windows". The installation for version 4.0.3.176 of MediaMonkey adds 4 Autoplay registry entries when it installs and does not give a UI opton in the settings to disable them.

None of the solutions above work Windows XP. But this is the way to do it.

To stop MediaMonkey from launching when you plug in your iPhone, do the following:

1. Start Regedit.exe (continue with caution! -- create a backup or a System Restore Point first)
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\

There are several MediaMonkey event handlers, but the MediaMonkeyStartHandler was the one that caused the issue.

Delete the MediaMonkeyStartHandler from the location above and this annoying behavior instantly goes away.[/quote

Actually, disabling the option in Autoplay worked just fine for me. It's not that you're disabling Autoplay completely, just specifically for when you plug your iPhone in. You can still have iTunes launch automatically, if you want. Personally, I have that turned off too.
Big dumb animal

Post by Big dumb animal »

Guest wrote:
Actually, disabling the option in Autoplay worked just fine for me. It's not that you're disabling Autoplay completely, just specifically for when you plug your iPhone in. You can still have iTunes launch automatically, if you want. Personally, I have that turned off too.
Ah crap. Nevermind, I was wrong. As soon as I rebooted my computer, MM started auto-launching again. Freaking MM.