Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

CarlitoGil

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.7.4 (2010-08-21)

Post by CarlitoGil »

That's the thing.
Say the criterias are
In filter,
Oldest added,
Song ID.

If A, B, C are duplicates and
A, B are IN a filter
then the next criteria should be used to futher select which to keep instead of just the first returned by the DB query.
iTunesMonkey + Acoustid – Find metadata from iTunes and Acoustid
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ok, I'll have a look. It might be something with the "In Fliter"-criteria then?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

Can playlists be implemented as a way to filter the "Custom Duplicate Search" and the "Keep" node?

Also, can "Redundancy" be added to the fields in "Custom Duplicate Search",
Sometimes you may want to delete the duplicates with the same title and then work with the other ones.

And, can you ask the developers for a way to hide the original "Duplicate Content" node, your script makes it unnecesary I think.
Bex

Post by Bex »

1. Already possible since you can add playlists to filters

2. Sorry, what do you mean exactly?

3. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5990
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

Yes, I do this now, just wanted to save a couple of steps. After creating the playlist I have to create a fitler just for it. I think filters should be for more permanent uses.

You have the "Tracks with Same Content" node that compares the file signatures and nothing else.
Then there is the "Custom Duplicate Search" that searches similar or different tags and properties but not the file signatures.
In "Custom Duplicate Search" to the list of 'Title', 'Artist',... 'Filename', etc; I'f like to add another one. "Content".
So we can find files with the same/different "Content" AND a pattern of tags, like same content and different titles.

Great.
Bex

Post by Bex »

1. Well, I went for filters since it can handle everything. But I'll put your wish on the todo list for this script, it'll be with a lower priority though.

2. Got it, it's actually already on the todo-list. We'll see when I get the time to add it.

All My Scripts
darkestglobe

Issues Installing

Post by darkestglobe »

Thanks for this awesome script.
Excellent work.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks! :)

All My Scripts
debacle

Post by debacle »

Hello, I've got a LOT of duplicates, and many have a leading zero in the track number. Fixing the track numbers with your Fixer script would take MediaMonkey a very long time, so I'd like the dupe finder to just ignore the leading zeros.

I think I see a line which is related:

Code: Select all

GetFieldSQL ="'CASE WHEN tmpTrackNr ='''' THEN ''??'' WHEN LENGTH(tmpTrackNr)=1 THEN ''0''||tmpTrackNr ELSE tmpTrackNr END'"
but it doesn't do the trick.

Do you have a suggestion for a quick script change I could test out? Thanks!

EDIT: OK I took a closer look and I've replaced column 13 of CdsFmfs(5) with this:

'CASE WHEN LENGTH(TrackNumber)=1 THEN ''0''||TrackNumber ELSE TrackNumber END'
Not sure how you'd prefer to implement that (if at all), and maybe you'd want to make it optional, but this seems to be working for me for my purposes.

AWESOME script!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

Do you know that Case and Leading Zero fixer can fix all these leading zero issues with one button click in its options? That shouldn't take long.

Anyway, I would recommend this sql on column 13:

'ltrim(TrackNumber,'0')'
and the same for Disc#:

'ltrim(DiscNumber,'0')'
If you'd like to check your collection for leading zero issues, see my Tagging Inconsistencies script, it finds them plus tons of other issues as well.

All My Scripts
debacle

Post by debacle »

Update: I use the Auto-Organize feature with some complicated auto-playlists - having that enabled was slowing down the list.UpdateAll call in OnOK immensely. So I'll just disable it in the options when I use that script.
classified

Post by classified »

Thanks for an excellent extension.

Would it be possible to add/enable the ability to delete from the context menus within the Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix subtree nodes? It seems to be grayed-out/disabled within the tree nodes. Is there something I need to do to enable the delete functionality in the context menu of the tree nodes. This seems to be a core feature to removing duplicates easily from the tree as opposed to having to expand the nodes to get the tracks to appear in the list view and right clicking them to remove them there. This would also allow for folders to be removed entirely when they appear as subnodes in the Folders with Same Content node.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing here. Thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly but to delete tracks and transfer their playstat to the ones you keep, use the "Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes"-Node. It should help a lot.

All My Scripts
Radduski

Post by Radduski »

2,472 duplicates! Thanks for helping me remove 'em! :D
agea

Post by agea »

Thanks for this script. It worked fine under XP.
Trying to install under Windows 7, MM 3.2.5.1306, running MM with admin rights, it doens't install:

Error message:
runtime error #9 ...
Subscript out of range: '[number: 4]'
....vbs, Line: 483, Column: 4

any suggestions?