Cannot change priority in task manager

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

wgardenhire

Cannot change priority in task manager

Post by wgardenhire »

I just installed 3.2.5.1306 and now find that I cannot change the priority for MM in task manager. I run XP Pro, have always given MM above normal priority and have never encountered this problem. Suggestions are appreciated.
There are Angels among us.
Lowlander

Re: Cannot change priority in task manager

Post by Lowlander »

Does it fail to change the priority or does MediaMonkey crash/hang after changing priority?

I'm able to change the latest MM4 build's priority without issue.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

get new program to control all your programs prioritys.

its called " Bill's2 Process manager " free on majorgeeks and other freeware sites. it has tons of settings you make for each of your programs. but as you know don't need to use real time windows has changed somethings to work faster in
slower prioritys over the last year. i've had to stop using higher prioritys in most the software i had been doing it in cause of that.

but i still am able to go up a little on mediamonkey and it still helps.
bill's will make your change stick even after a reboot. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

wgardenhire wrote:I just installed 3.2.5.1306 and now find that I cannot change the priority for MM in task manager. I run XP Pro, have always given MM above normal priority and have never encountered this problem. Suggestions are appreciated.
You really shouldn't need to give it higher priority, the OS can manage this better than changing it yourself.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.