Gold MM says "standard" when increasing # of cores [#7835]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

m_bojangles

Gold MM says "standard" when increasing # of cores [#7835]

Post by m_bojangles »

1375: This is on Windows XP SP3, clean install of build 1375, Pentium D (dual core) at 3.0Ghz (circa 2005).
I have registered this Beta build as Gold using my official Lifetime license key. When I go into Help --> About, MM is showing my correct licensing information and is correctly reporting that this is a Gold version of MM.

In Tools --> Options... --> General --> Performance --> Use Multiple CPU Cores (if available)
The drop-down lists here correctly show that I have two cores... I am given the choice of 1, 2 or All for the number of cores I want to use for the four items (Auto-Conversion, Conversion, Ripping and Volume Analysis). However, if I attempt to change a drop-down to anything other than 1, MM immediately pops this dialog:
The standard version of MediaMonkey is optimized for single-core processors. For optimized performance on multi-core processors, please upgrade to MediaMonkey Gold.

To upgrade or learn more about MediaMonkey Gold, click the 'Upgrade' button.
I am given an "OK" button and an "Upgrade" button. Clicking the "Upgrade" button sends me to a web page about MM gold. Clicking the "OK" button returns me to the Options screen and reverts my choice of cores back to 1.
m_bojangles

1375: Auto-Organize Options screen doesn't know I'm Gold

Post by m_bojangles »

Build 1375 on Windows XP SP3, Pentium D (dual core circa 2005). Beta is registered as Gold.

MM is correctly reporting in the Help --> About screen that I have registered build 1375 as lifetime Gold. However, in Tools --> Options... when I click to see the "Auto-Organize" options screen, there is an immediate pop-up dialog telling me that it is only available to Gold users. Screenshot:

Thanks.
m_bojangles

Re: 1375: Auto-Organize Options screen doesn't know I'm Gold

Post by m_bojangles »

UPDATE: This problem only occurred during the FIRST ever session of opening a new install of MM and registering in the wizard. Once MM was closed and restarted, this problem went away.
m_bojangles

1375: Media Sharing/Auto-Conversion complains I'm not Gold

Post by m_bojangles »

Build 1375 on Windows XP SP3, Pentium D (dual core circa 2005). Beta is registered as Gold.

MM is correctly reporting in the Help --> About screen that I have registered build 1375 as lifetime Gold. However, in Tools --> Options... --> Media Sharing --> Add, when I click on the Auto-Conversion tab, MM immediately pops a dialog box saying that this feature is only available to Gold users. Clicking OK returns me to the Content tab.
m_bojangles

Re: 1375: Media Sharing/Auto-Conversion complains I'm not Go

Post by m_bojangles »

UPDATE: This problem only occurred during the FIRST ever session of opening a new install of MM and registering in the wizard. Once MM was closed and restarted, this problem went away.
m_bojangles

Re: 1375: Gold MM says "standard" when increasing # of cores

Post by m_bojangles »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe the following is the cause (and thus it wasn't fixed): http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 643#c25069
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

No, LL, I don't think this is related to that.

I had a similar issue when clean installing MM4 yesterday. The cores could only be adjusted after restarting MM after I entered the Gold key via the startup scan wizard. Fairly minor issue, since restarting MM resolves it, but I guess it should be reported anyway.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That issue describes a problem where entering Options caused license to be lost, seem similar to what you experience, but I can't reproduce it here on 1375.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lowlander wrote:That issue describes a problem where entering Options caused license to be lost, seem similar to what you experience, but I can't reproduce it here on 1375.
That's because it requires:

1. Clean installation
2. Enter key via the media scan startup wizard
3. After MM starts, Options > Performance and try to change # of cores
4. Though key is already installed and Help > About shows "Lifetime license", you get "Upgrade to Gold" message
5. Restart MM at this point, now there is no issue in trying to change # of cores

m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

nohitter151 is exactly right. Those are the steps. You can change step 3 to read "3. After MM starts, try to access Options > Auto-Organize." and you'll get the same problem. You can also change step 3 to read "3. After MM starts, try to access Options > Media Sharing > Add > Auto-Conversion." and you'll get the same problem.

It is a bug with the first start-up of MM after a clean install and after entering your Gold license in the Welcome Wizard.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lowlander

Re: Gold MM says "standard" when increasing # of cores [#783

Post by Lowlander »

This should be fixed in 1377, can you confirm?