Clear Now Playing 3.1 - Updated 09/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Clear Now Playing 3.0 - Updated 13/11/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option sheet to control settings
- Added option to disable script
- Added option to clear played tracks without applying limit
- Added update server to installation package
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Zimmsen

Post by Zimmsen »

Hey trixmoto,

nice script again. Is there anything which you cant do :)?

Is it possible to make a script or import a function to this one, to force MM to start at a specific Playlist? I am tagging a lot of mp3 at the moment and often MM crashes or i forget to choose a Playlist before ending MM. The Problem then is, that MM starts at the archive and does two things at same time:

- Readings songs (in archive)
- Watching out for changes at the mp3

So the problem is, that i have a lot of mp3 and when MM does those two things together, the starting process will take up to 30 Minutes. I can stop the Check for changes (which i dont want to), but i cant stop the reading of files which are in the archive...

So is this possible? Maybe an option to MM that i can choose a Playlist, on which Choice MM starts?

Thanks for your help/answer...

Greetings
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

MM always remembers the last folder you were on, doesn't it? So couldn't you just select the playlist before you close?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Zimmsen

Post by Zimmsen »

hey trix,

sure i can, but the problem is that i am tagging my archive. And it oftens happens, that MM crashes. And if MM chrashed, it starts at the archive i was working on. And then the problems above are happening...

The problem ist not the normal closing process, its the process after a MM crash, and it happens often, maybe because i am working with such a big archive...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ah right, yeah. Well it's definitely outside the scope of this script, but I'm sure it could be done with scripting.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Zimmsen wrote:Hey trixmoto,

nice script again. Is there anything which you cant do :)?

Is it possible to make a script or import a function to this one, to force MM to start at a specific Playlist? I am tagging a lot of mp3 at the moment and often MM crashes or i forget to choose a Playlist before ending MM. The Problem then is, that MM starts at the archive and does two things at same time:

- Readings songs (in archive)
- Watching out for changes at the mp3

So the problem is, that i have a lot of mp3 and when MM does those two things together, the starting process will take up to 30 Minutes. I can stop the Check for changes (which i dont want to), but i cant stop the reading of files which are in the archive...

So is this possible? Maybe an option to MM that i can choose a Playlist, on which Choice MM starts?

Thanks for your help/answer...

Greetings
Pretty sure the tweakmonkey script already provides that functionality.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Zimmsen

Post by Zimmsen »

Yes tweak-monkey has this one. But the problem is, that tweak-monkey collides with trixmotos backup-script. They are both using the database-file and trixomotos scripts are more important for me, so i am forced to use only one of those two scripts :( . Everytime i had installed tweak-monkey, the backup-script wasnt running anymore...

Or do you have both script running correctly nohitter151, then i made faults in the options?

So thanks for your help guys, i will find out and post it here :)
UksusoFF

Post by UksusoFF »

not worked for 4.0 version :(
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

I can confirm that this does work MM 4.0

There is a bug however in that the mode isn't save properly and will default to 4

Old code

Code: Select all

Sub SaveSheet(Sheet)
  Dim ini : Set ini = SDB.IniFile  
  ini.IntValue("ClearNowPlaying","Name") = Sheet.Common.ChildControl("CNPMode").ItemIndex
  ini.IntValue("ClearNowPlaying","Limit") = Sheet.Common.ChildControl("CNPLimit").Value
End Sub
New code

Code: Select all

Sub SaveSheet(Sheet)
  Dim ini : Set ini = SDB.IniFile  
  ini.IntValue("ClearNowPlaying","Mode") = Sheet.Common.ChildControl("CNPMode").ItemIndex
  ini.IntValue("ClearNowPlaying","Limit") = Sheet.Common.ChildControl("CNPLimit").Value
End Sub
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
UksusoFF

Post by UksusoFF »

markstuartwalker wrote:I can confirm that this does work MM 4.0
old and new are identical o0
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll add it to my list :)
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

UksusoFF wrote:
markstuartwalker wrote:I can confirm that this does work MM 4.0
old and new are identical o0
Not identical one has "Name" and one has "Mode".

And I was incorrect, it doesn't work on MM4 except the first time when you install it. The OnStartup function is not subsequently called.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
trixmoto

Re: Clear Now Playing 3.1 - Updated 09/07/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.1) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed the mode setting not storing correctly.

It works fine for me on subsequent runs - let me know if you're still having problems.