Wishlist and comments - MM4 beta

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

bthoem

Wishlist and comments - MM4 beta

Post by bthoem »

Have been testing MM4 beta for a few days and I like what I see.

I rarely use MM for playback, as I have 4 Popcornhour A/C-200s for that.

So my primary need is organizing and maintaining my collection of music.

A few comments:
- I was expecting full integration of CD image and CUE sheets:
-> Merge tracks into Image file (FLAC, APE, WAV etc)
-> Split Image files to tracks (CUE sheet)
-> Create, modify CUE Sheet manually
-> Update/cleanup or Create CUE sheets with "tagger" (Amazon, Discogs, Freedb etc) automatically
-> Embedded or external CUE sheets
-> Repair/ fix CUE sheets

- Open in Explorer - from anywhere (right click menu on files and folders)

A wish:
- MM4 now included more or less full media support (audio/vide)
- I would love to be able to remote control my NMTs (Popcorn hour A-200/C-200) with Mediamonkey - browse my collection and send an album/ movie to a spesific NMT for playback.

Thank you,

Bjørn Tore
Mizery_Made

Re: Wishlist and comments - MM4 beta

Post by Mizery_Made »

bthoem wrote:- Open in Explorer - from anywhere (right click menu on files and folders)
This is already available, and has been in previous versions (dating back to at least 2.5). Right click on a file, "Find More from Same", Folder (Explorer). As for doing it with a folder, if you're in the "Location" node (or My Computer), right click the node, "Open in Explorer."
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Mizery_Made wrote:
bthoem wrote:- Open in Explorer - from anywhere (right click menu on files and folders)
This is already available, and has been in previous versions (dating back to at least 2.5). Right click on a file, "Find More from Same", Folder (Explorer). As for doing it with a folder, if you're in the "Location" node (or My Computer), right click the node, "Open in Explorer."
Never knew about that function. I was also looking for a way to do that and always thought it was odd it wasn't built into MM. Guess you learn something new every day :lol:
jitterjames

Post by jitterjames »

I didn't know about this either and I also thought it was weird. I think this is a counter intuitive placement for such a function. "locate on disk" or "open in explorer" should be in the primary list on the right-click menu. (IMO). I understand that you can't have everything on the main list but grouping it with "find more from same" just doesn't make sense to me, and I think most people would never even think to look there since ALL the other "find more from same" functions perform searches within MM.

just my 2 cents on how to make a fantastic program a tiny bit better. Hopefully I will remember where to find it now that I know. :)
htpc voice control application:
http://www.VoxCommando.com
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

jitterjames wrote:I didn't know about this either and I also thought it was weird. I think this is a counter intuitive placement for such a function. "locate on disk" or "open in explorer" should be in the primary list on the right-click menu. (IMO). I understand that you can't have everything on the main list but grouping it with "find more from same" just doesn't make sense to me, and I think most people would never even think to look there since ALL the other "find more from same" functions perform searches within MM.

just my 2 cents on how to make a fantastic program a tiny bit better. Hopefully I will remember where to find it now that I know. :)
+1

Took me a long time to find it too.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

-1, the menu is big enough as it is.
jitterjames

Post by jitterjames »

it's not really all THAT big. Of course the ideal would be if we could turn items on and off, but I don't really expect that to happen.

What I would like to see, is the ability to create a hotkey for this action. All the other "find more from same..." allow this, but not "find more from same folder".
htpc voice control application:
http://www.VoxCommando.com
jamburglar

Post by jamburglar »

YES, we need a hotkey for this essential function. +1