Insanely high amount of CPU usage in 1384 [#7942]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

alirezanoori

Insanely high amount of CPU usage in 1384 [#7942]

Post by alirezanoori »

I installed MM 1384 + the last.fm yesterday. (This is the first time I install last.fm). In the past day I noticed huge amount of lags and problems with my PC. Today I checked the task manager and noticed that MM is using one of my CPU's cores completely. (I have a core 2 due CPU so it's using 50% of CPU).

I uninstalled the last.fm scrobbler and restarted MM4. It was using the CPU fully again until the folder monitor finished. Now it's using a normal amount of CPU. I don't know whether this was last.fm scrobbler's problem or not. Time will tell. If the CPU usage gets high again I'll come back and post. If not, it's for sure that it was the plugin's problem.

Another issue in my opinion is that the folder monitor in previous versions took less time but that may be because my library was smaller than today.

Best regards.
nohitter151

Re: Insanely high amount of CPU usage in 1384

Post by nohitter151 »

Can't reproduce.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
alirezanoori

Post by alirezanoori »

After uninstalling the last.fm scrobbler the issue is gone. In my country the last.fm is not accessible (it's filtered by the government) so please check for the problem there. I think it might help. Maybe you can reproduce it. Anyway the problem is not with the MM itself.
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

actually i noticed that too from time to time (but also in MM3). i guess it really has something to do with the lastfm scrobbler (1.0.2.25).
usually i fixed this with restarting mediamonkey. i'll take a look in the new version if this behaviour still exists...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

PS> Last version is 1.0.2.26.
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

I have seen this in previous builds and versions of the last.fm scrobbler. The high cpu usage would be triggered at the end of a track/podcast and exiting MM4 would be the only solution. Cpu usage would remain high if I didn't.

I haven't had a chance to test the lastest build and scrobbler version. I'll report back when I have.

stan9980
alystair

Post by alystair »

I reported this issue previously in the last.fm thread, if you allowed mediamonkey to finish playing a song while audioscrobbling was active (eg. Green or Yellow status), it would spike CPU until exit or closing the gen_scrobbler DLL thread. I'll look into this a bit more as well
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Yep I'm having that problem with MM 1385 too. I use Last FM service and Last FM node. If Last FM Service is activated then when the first track has finished playing the CPU shoots up and stays up. Also this creates an error message on exit.

If I disable FM service and restart MM and just use FM Node then cpu use remains minimal. Also the log in FM service looks funny but can't remember exactly what it used to look like?

So problem with the beta and FM Service I would say
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

Still happening for me with 1388 and and the .26 version of the scrobbler plugin. I think I'm using the default settings of the scrobbler plugin, bug reliably occurs at the end of any track, whether it's to be scrobbled or not. Also my last.fm profile page isn't getting the Now Playing info. Just in case it makes any difference I'm using portable MM4 installation.

stan9980
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

i believe it is the scrobbler because it also happens when you use the scrobbler in MM3.
alirezanoori

Post by alirezanoori »

One more reason that it's scrobbler is that after I uninstalled it, the problem went away ;)
PhYrE

Post by PhYrE »

Still happening in 1391 with 2.26
Only if MM is open for a number of hours. Eventually will use 100% of CPU and stop scrobbling going forward.
rusty

Post by rusty »

heartofhate

Re: Insanely high amount of CPU usage in 1384 [#7942]

Post by heartofhate »

finally! thank you. hopefully it will be fixed :D
Peke

Re: Insanely high amount of CPU usage in 1384 [#7942]

Post by Peke »

It should be Fixed in Last.fm 1.0.2.29 along with few other tweaks.

In case you encounter any issues please let us know ASAP as we are determent to fix that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts