MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fizzjob

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.2.1 (NOT DEVELOPED ANYMORE)

Post by fizzjob »

Dreadlau wrote:update:

OMG it's working! embedded and all.

Here is what I did

I undocked the MF panel.
When the panel was undocked the initialization animation began.
Then I redocked it again.

Thanks again for your help Aff.
I can finally sport MonkeyFlow. :D

Update2:
2 little issues:
-Every time I restart Mediamonkey I have to do the "undock, dock" routine to make MF work.
-Seems that customizing the colors in the MF appearance dialog makes mediamonkey freeze.
Is it still working? I just gave it a shot with MM4 (4.0.0.1365) and all I get is the little animated icon and a "Failed To Connect To Mediamonkey" message. The log points at a MediaMonkeyDB.py and Main_MonkeyFlow.py. Of course, the code is compiled, so I can't just go in and edit the relevant files - I wish it were that simple.

FWIW, here's what the monkeyflow.log says:

Code: Select all

Creating MediaMonkeyDB object
Starting database thread
Initializing COM
Connecting to MediaMonkey
Creating handle to SongsDB.SDBApplication COM server
------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 440, in _dbConnect
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\farshid\Desktop\svn_dev\r3_vizard\application\Vizard\bin\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 95, in Dispatch
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\farshid\Desktop\svn_dev\r3_vizard\application\Vizard\bin\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 98, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\farshid\Desktop\svn_dev\r3_vizard\application\Vizard\bin\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 78, in _GetGoodDispatch
com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)
Failed to create SongsDB.SDBApplication instance
If running under Vista, make sure you have run MediaMonkey once as administrator so COM server is registered
Database thread shutting down
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Main_MonkeyFlow.py", line 157, in _connectThread
  File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 131, in __init__
MMDBError: Failed to connect to MediaMonkey
Have you run across this?
flashk

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.3

Post by flashk »

Hi all,

I finally got around to trying out MM4 and was able to get MonkeyFlow working with it. I also made a few improvements to fullscreen mode, including the option to choose which monitor to go fullscreen on. You can download the new version now.

If you are still having problems with the plugin, there's not much I can do. The plugin has always worked fine for me and I don't have the time to replicate every issue somebody has encountered.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Welcome back! :)
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

flashk,

Thank you for the update. I was really going to miss this in MM4.
gege

Post by gege »

Halleluiah!!! You're back!
Please, don't leave us now ;)

Even if you don't have much time to spend with us, it's good to have Monkeyflow working in MM4 (I didn't test it yet, but thanks anyway)
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

:o

Fantastic! I was actually considering sticking with MM3 because of this, but now I don't have to! Thanks, flashk!
kklingerman

Post by kklingerman »

Trying to install in MM4.

Anyone seeing an error:

Error #-2147024894 - Wshshell.exec
The System Cannot Find The File Specified.

file: "c:\users\[USER]\appdata\roaming\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\Monkeyflow.vbs", line: 61, Column: 2

Any ideas?
flashk

Post by flashk »

Does it work if you place the MonkeyFlow files in the MediaMonkey installation folder instead of the user appdata folder?

I haven't made any changes to support installation in the user appdata folder, so unless that is automatically handled by MM, it might not work correctly.
spookyfox

Post by spookyfox »

This is really great and works pretty good, but I have one slight problem, there are 2 album covers that just won't show up no matter what, and I have no idea why, I tried deleting the tracks from the library and readding them and nothing, any help?
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Make sure they are jpg and not bmp or png from memory I think I might have had a problem with that some time ago. Just an idea because i'm not sure...
Hey FlashK great to see you back...
I love this, with over 10,400 albums it is a must and looks brilliant with the black McMaster skin (with white text)

Edit: Just tried the new version.... Brilliant with 3 monitors and a 46inch lcd I always wanted to open fullscreen but couldn't because there was no control over where it opened.
Dude you are a legend!! Thank you.
spookyfox

Post by spookyfox »

They are jpg, and they're named the same as any other cover that does show up. Any idea whether it could be the location or what? The covers do show up in the normal art window and in the coverflow that comes with MM4 (which is not nearly as cool-looking as this one).
spookyfox

Post by spookyfox »

Ok, now I'm confused. I added a new album with a wrong cover, so I change it to the correct one and the cover just stops showing, and after I restart MM it appears with the old cover. So I browsed the cache folder and noticed that the cover for that album (was titled album_47) was still the old cover, so I replaced it with the new. When I got into MM I see it on the side with the right cover but when I select it the cover just disappears!

I also noticed that the two covers that didn't appear before aren't in the cache folder, and if I add them I don't know what to title them, because all the other covers have album_X titles and some numbers are missing.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

You could try checking the tags and making sure there are no blank images attached to them and delete the MM cached images, as well as MonkeFlow images and just start clean.
spookyfox

Post by spookyfox »

barkoz wrote:You could try checking the tags and making sure there are no blank images attached to them and delete the MM cached images, as well as MonkeFlow images and just start clean.
Could you tell me how to do the tags thing?
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Highlight an album (all tracks) and select properties. Go to the album art tab and see what images are attached to the tracks. If you have an image you can remove any existing ones by selecting and deleting. I select the album art from the albums folder and save it to the tag, then repeat the process but linking the art to the file as well so i finish with two images in the album art tab, click apply to all tracks and save. Now when you right click on the album art (if you have that showing) you will have two images, one attached to the tag and one linked to the actual image. If you edit an image MonkeyFlow will change the one it displays to the edited one. Good if you are not happy with images and you replace or crop them etc. Over the last few years I have had one or two occasions when MF will get the images wrong and just show the wrong artwork if this happens just empty the MF image cache and let it start again. Its worked pretty flawlessly for me for a long time. Definately worth spending a bit of time if you seem to have bugs.
Good luck