Queue List 1.2 (2012-02-13) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

BRcr

Re: Queue List 1.1.1 (2011-01-30) [MM2+]

Post by BRcr »

ZvezdanD, thanks a lot! Works perfectly. :D

Nukm, why ugly?! Cute hack :)
But it better be a core feature, though... Simple for developers, useful for users - I just can't see any reason why it shouldn't :-?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Yes. I think that's clearly a feature that have is place in Mediamonkey.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Z:

I stopped using this script before because I could not select the location of where I wanted the list, the OCD is me has to have everything organized in subfolders. Would you consider the possibility of giving the user the option where to put the queue list rather than having it in the main branch of the playlists? I would really like to come back to using this since the stations script is no longer working like it did in MM3.

Also, when a track from the list starts playing, it will play for a second or two then it will be removed from the list and the next track starts playing. Shouldn't it let the track play in it's entirety??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:Would you consider the possibility of giving the user the option where to put the queue list rather than having it in the main branch of the playlists?
I could add such option in the future. Although, I really think that such playlist should be on the first level inside of the Playlists branch, i.e. relatively accessible, instead of putting it deep inside of some sub-branch.
nynaevelan wrote:when a track from the list starts playing, it will play for a second or two then it will be removed from the list and the next track starts playing. Shouldn't it let the track play in it's entirety??
Yes, it should. Could you reproduce that bug always? Do you have enabled Auto-DJ or some add-on with the similar function? Do you have any add-on that have something with the playback?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote: I could add such option in the future. Although, I really think that such playlist should be on the first level inside of the Playlists branch, i.e. relatively accessible, instead of putting it deep inside of some sub-branch.
I wouldn't bury it too deep, I just have my playlists segmented by file type and I would want this to go to 'Music' section.
ZvezdanD wrote:Yes, it should. Could you reproduce that bug always? Do you have enabled Auto-DJ or some add-on with the similar function? Do you have any add-on that have something with the playback?
Yes it happens everytime and no I do not have Autodj enabled or any scripts that should be affecting playback but let me look around and see.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I do not have any scripts that would affect it but I think it was my playback now settings that were messing it up, I changed it from play selected tracks only to clear list & play selected tracks and it is working now.

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I think it was my playback now settings that were messing it up, I changed it from play selected tracks only to clear list & play selected tracks and it is working now.
I don't understand how the 'Play Now' settings could cause such behavior, but I am glad that you found a solution.

Anyway, I think this is a bug of this add-on and it would be nice if you describe how exactly I could reproduce the problem. I tried with the 'Play Now' set to play selected tracks only and it worked fine.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

:lol: :lol: oh you are funny? I have no idea how to reproduce, I tried it but it isn't working. I think that when I converted over to mm4 some of my settings in mm were not saved properly. So until I actually changed them from what they were and re-saved them in mm4 they were not working properly. Unfortunately I do not know which ones are affected until I actually try to use them. I guess that is what I get from copying over data from mm3.

I do not think it is a bug in the script but more either a problem in my ini settings or lingering bugs from previous mm4 builds. My setup is so complex that I usually encounter problems that others do not.

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:Would you consider the possibility of giving the user the option where to put the queue list rather than having it in the main branch of the playlists?
There is the new update, v1.2 - 2012-02-06:
* Added: possibility to specify the Queue playlist in the .ini file (please read the Usage section);
* Added: possibility to specify the hot-keys in the .ini file.
Jeriel Castillo

Re: Queue List 1.2 (2012-02-13) [MM2+]

Post by Jeriel Castillo »

Is it normal for this script to force MM to play the playlist songs?

Eg. When a song finishes playing MM jumps to a song on my main playlist and a second after your script forces MM to jump to the queve playlists and so goes on for all the songs.

Cheers!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Jeriel Castillo wrote:Is it normal for this script to force MM to play the playlist songs?

Eg. When a song finishes playing MM jumps to a song on my main playlist and a second after your script forces MM to jump to the queve playlists and so goes on for all the songs.

Cheers!
I don't understand what you want to say. What is it the main playlist, is tthat the Now Playing list? Could you describe more specifically how I can reproduce that problem?
chimpanzeethat

Post by chimpanzeethat »

Hello,

Many thanks, ZvezdanD. This extension works almost perfectly! The only thing I notice is that there is that before a cued song plays, I hear a second or so of another song from the Now Playing list which kind of interrupts what i'd like to be seamless playback.. This is a minor quibble but just wondering if this 'bug' is unique to my setup?

Thanks again!
chimpanzeethat

Post by chimpanzeethat »

Jeriel Castillo wrote:Is it normal for this script to force MM to play the playlist songs?

Cheers!
Sorry I should have read the thread more carefully; Looks like i'm describing what Jeriel is experiencing?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chimpanzeethat wrote:Hello,

Many thanks, ZvezdanD. This extension works almost perfectly! The only thing I notice is that there is that before a cued song plays, I hear a second or so of another song from the Now Playing list which kind of interrupts what i'd like to be seamless playback.. This is a minor quibble but just wondering if this 'bug' is unique to my setup?

Thanks again!
That problem is already reported in this thread and it is hard to resolve because of MM lack in its programing interface. I already reported that to MM developers, but they don't care about it:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6689
chimpanzeethat

Post by chimpanzeethat »

Thanks for the response. No bother, as I say a minor fault. Hopefully the developers will address this in the near future.

Thanks again!