Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Kevinowpb

Re: Monkey Rok 5.6 - Updated 08/02/2011

Post by Kevinowpb »

yea.. mine is pretty much looking just like your image there,... but using a different skin. I think ANY skin I choose, gives me a similar look to Monkey Rok

Stigg wrote:Am I the only one experiencing weird things with MonkeyRok?
By the way, I am using MediaMonkey v4.0.0.1412 (Developer Build).

Stigg

First Play!

Post by Stigg »

Another strange thing I have noticed in MonkeyRok with "first play" tracks.
It shows "First Play!", but "Played 1 week ago". :-?

I am running MediaMonkey v4.0.0.1414.
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

It seems that both left and right click is broken in MonkeyRok 5.6 with MediaMonkey v4.0.0.1414. But I guess that is already known.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sounds like the javascript is not working for you :S
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
borisag

Post by borisag »

i had the well known problem of the Internet Setting zones
I solved thanks to this post:
"Re: Monkey Rok 5.6 - broken
Postby swsl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 pm
So, I deleted the extra zone in the registry and rebooted. That fixed it.
Starting MediaMonkey, I suddenly got a new prompt for Internet Explorer, asking to allow an ActiveX control to interact. Yes, and now it worked.
I was still getting activeX prompts when I start, so I went back and checked the key you suggested and it had lost it's setting of zero, (probably when running the fixit) so I reset that key and voila! everything working as normal again.
So, to sum up, yes, it's due to ActiveX issues in the Internet security zones and one can check the registry for two things (at least):
Any extra zones (apart from 0,1,2,3,4) that may be mucking up the security settings/ handling .
That HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0 key 1201 = 0"
Swls thank you very much by the way. But I still have the problem with the extra zone in the registry, every time i start the computer Monkey Rok appears again with no images or panels and i have to go to the registry again and delete this zone (in my case L) and MonkeyRok works properly again.
Does anybody know how could I do to not having to repeat all the process every time?
Stigg

Re: Zones

Post by Stigg »

I have Zones 0, 1, 2, 3 & 4.

Are you saying to delete them all except for Zones 0 = 1201 ?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0]
"1201"=dword:00000000
Will that fix my blank MonkeyRok problem?
Maybe it will also fix my left click action.
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

trixmoto wrote:Sounds like the javascript is not working for you :S
I have "Active Scripting" set to "Enabled" in IE9. Anything else to check?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Do not delete all your zones! This script runs in the "My Computer" zone so this is the only one you should need to edit. I don't know about needing to do it every time, that kind of defeats the point of having the registry, but I guess I could make the script does this itself - previously I've avoided this because it is messing about with someone's security settings.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Which one is the My Computer zone?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Hi trixmoto,
I've used MonkeyRok for ages and have had no real problems until recently.

I'm now getting either blank panels/art or the now playing album art changes to the correct image but all other info remains unchanged from a previously playing track, e.g. Now playing a track from Train but the comments/similar artist/images/other albums, etc. all relate to a track by Status Quo which I played previously.

I've been pulling out what little hair I have left over this and think I have narrowed down what's happening....

My hard disk is partitioned into two drives C: & D: I usually bring all incoming tracks to C: until I'm happy with the content, tags, etc. and then I transfer them to D: where I keep my MM Library.
If I play a track from drive C: MonkeyRok works perfectly. If I play a track from drive D:, the above fault occurs. (Only the now playing/selected art changes...all else remains relating to the last track played from drive C:)

I've looked at the settings panel and can't see that I've changed anything or that anything like this could be changed.

Any ideas?
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

CoachUK wrote:Hi trixmoto,
I've used MonkeyRok for ages and have had no real problems until recently.

I'm now getting either blank panels/art or the now playing album art changes to the correct image but all other info remains unchanged from a previously playing track, e.g. Now playing a track from Train but the comments/similar artist/images/other albums, etc. all relate to a track by Status Quo which I played previously.
Hi Coach.
I haven't mentioned it before, but as well as the blank panels, I also get the problem where the MonkeyRok info doesn't change when the track changes.
All my music is on my 'D' drive.
borisag

Post by borisag »

I don't know if anybody has a solution for my case. For what i'm seeing it's not very common.
Like I write earlier the extra Internet zone "L" keeps appearing in the registry every time I reboot the computer.
When I delete it Monkey Rok works fine, but I have to do this every time.
Is there something in MediaMonkey or in the script that creates this?
Please help
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Hi borisag.

Zones 'L' is not standard as far as I can see.
I would think that it is an application on your computer creating it.

I would firstly do a malware scan. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a good free one.
Hadron

Re: Statistics

Post by Hadron »

Statistics are not working for me with MM 4.0.0.1414.