Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.2 (2013-08-31) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata 2.0 (2011-07-17[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:Here it is, it is a mm4 db:
Thanks for the databases. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?), I cannot reproduce the problem, which could mean that your assumption about the playlists error could be right. After the import of playhistory for all matched tracks (18933) I got 18637 played tracks with 187118 plays, which is lower then the number of plays in the backup database (187374), most probably because it has 19680 tracks, i.e. 747 tracks more then the current database.

There is the new update - v2.1 - 2011-07-19
* Added: possibility to restore playlists even when Restore data only for filtered/selected tracks options are turned on (playlists would be restored for all tracks anyway);
* Fixed: error when restoring playlists with Clear Playlists table... option turned on when importing data from MM3 backup into MM4 db or vice versa;
* Fixed: dates when importing playhistory from MM4 backup file into MM3 database.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Re: Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata 2.0 (2011-07-17[M

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Here it is, it is a mm4 db:
Thanks for the databases. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?), I cannot reproduce the problem, which could mean that your assumption about the playlists error could be right. After the import of playhistory for all matched tracks (18933) I got 18637 played tracks with 187118 plays, which is lower then the number of plays in the backup database (187374), most probably because it has 19680 tracks, i.e. 747 tracks more then the current database.
This discrepancy could have something to do with the videos in my mm4, the 18933 is correct because that is all my music and audiobook files.
ZvezdanD wrote: There is the new update - v2.1 - 2011-07-19
* Added: possibility to restore playlists even when Restore data only for filtered/selected tracks options are turned on (playlists would be restored for all tracks anyway);
* Fixed: error when restoring playlists with Clear Playlists table... option turned on when importing data from MM3 backup into MM4 db or vice versa.
Thanks I will give it a whirl, though I have no doubt you have addressed the issues.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ronswanson

Re: Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata 2.1 (2011-07-19[M

Post by ronswanson »

NOOOOOOOOO. This script just royally messed up my song titles. I have no idea where it came up with the the song titles it did, but it renamed a large percentage of my songs. I used trixmoto's backup script to backup my library on one computer, and then used this script to update the metadata on a different computer with the same songs. Unfortunetly the backup got deleted by trixmoto's script so I cannot undo the damage.
ZvezdanD

Re: Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata 2.1 (2011-07-19[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

ronswanson wrote:This script just royally messed up my song titles.
Thank you for the report. I suppose that it is now too late for you, but there is the new release with fixed that bug: v2.1.1 - 2011-08-04
* Fixed: restore of metadata stored in the Songs table only (multi-item fields linked to several tables was not affected).

I am really sorry for any inconveniences that this add-on could cause. As it is already mentioned in the Important section of the first post of this thread, this add-on is relatively dangerous and it is highly recommended that you make a backup of the current database before you apply this add-on. Also, if you use this add-on (or this version of the add-on) for the first time, it is recommended to select just several tracks and apply this add-on only on them until you see that it works as you expect. By the way, it is already stated in the Description section but just to mention again: the restoring of the metadata modifies only the database file, but not tags in audio files, so if you haven't applied Synchronize Tags option you could undo the modifications using the Add/Rescan option of the program.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Re: Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata 2.1 (2011-08-04[M

Post by nynaevelan »

Z:

One tiny thing, can you setup the installation package so that the install for current user checkbox is not greyed out so the user can decide where the vbs file is installed to? I prefer having my scripts installed in the program files directory rather than in the roaming directory.

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:can you setup the installation package so that the install for current user checkbox is not greyed out so the user can decide where the vbs file is installed to?
I didn't do anything in regard to that and I doubt that could be affected by the package settings. It seems to me that it is the program bug. I just tried drag&drop of the installation package into the 1395 build and that check box is enabled.

EDIT: maybe that check box is always disabled if you logged to Windows with the non-admin access rights.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I am logged in as an administrator as well as logged into MM as the admin. I thought this was something that you all set up because other scripts/skins which I install has the option to enable/disable this checkbox. I just did some testing with other scripts and it appears that MM4 remembers the settings you used the first time you installed the particular scripts/skins and it will install each update based on those settings. So I uninstalled the script and then re-installed it in the program files directory. You learn something new everyday... :lol:

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:other scripts/skins which I install has the option to enable/disable this checkbox.
How could you enable/disable the mentioned check box? You could check it on or off if it is enabled, but I don't know for any way to enable/disable it.
nynaevelan wrote:I just did some testing with other scripts and it appears that MM4 remembers the settings you used the first time you installed the particular scripts/skins and it will install each update based on those settings. So I uninstalled the script and then re-installed it in the program files directory. You learn something new everyday... :lol:
I am not sure that understand, but it seems to me as the program bug and you should report it in the Beta forum. The enabled state of that check box should depend only of the current user access rights, but not of the previous selection how some add-on was installed before.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:other scripts/skins which I install has the option to enable/disable this checkbox.
How could you enable/disable the mentioned check box? You could check it on or off if it is enabled, but I don't know for any way to enable/disable it.
That is what I mean, before it was greyed out so you couldn't check it/uncheck it, in my mind it was disabled since the user could not do anything with it.
ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:I just did some testing with other scripts and it appears that MM4 remembers the settings you used the first time you installed the particular scripts/skins and it will install each update based on those settings. So I uninstalled the script and then re-installed it in the program files directory. You learn something new everyday... :lol:
I am not sure that understand, but it seems to me as the program bug and you should report it in the Beta forum. The enabled state of that check box should depend only of the current user access rights, but not of the previous selection how some add-on was installed before.
Ok, I will ask in the forum to see if this is the intended behavior or a bug.

cmatte

Post by cmatte »

The script found only ~600 tracks matched on ~4400 for me on mm4, so it restored only "something". It's quite strange, after just a system reinstall and zero changes to the files itself.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

cmatte wrote:The script found only ~600 tracks matched on ~4400 for me on mm4, so it restored only "something". It's quite strange, after just a system reinstall and zero changes to the files itself.
Could you upload your backup and current database files, so I could try to reproduce that problem?
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

I've used this script in the past (pre-v4) and it worked flawlessly.

Not so much with MM4.0.0.1455.

The Last Played count and date updated, but not the playlists, but no errors.

I'm only 95% sure the MM.db I'm linking to has the Playlists (long story), is there a way to verify?

Also, will the script work from a MM3 database to MM4?

-G
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ggibby wrote:
The Last Played count and date updated, but not the playlists, but no errors.

I'm only 95% sure the MM.db I'm linking to has the Playlists (long story), is there a way to verify?
Are you sure the database had playlists in it? I used it yesterday and the script restored all my playlists and I have over 200 in my db.
ggibby wrote:Also, will the script work from a MM3 database to MM4?

-G
I tested it in the earlier beta versions from MM3 to MM4 but I have not tested it in quite some time but it should work.

Nyn

martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Just reinstalled MM4 and used this script yesterday and playlists/date added/last playcount all worked fine. Great script!

Of course, there's still the exception in auto playlists where some of the tracks are off (see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 5&start=75, starting with 3rd comment down).
MM Gold since 2006
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

nynaevelan wrote: Are you sure the database had playlists in it? I used it yesterday and the script restored all my playlists and I have over 200 in my db.
That's what I said - not sure, but don't know how to check.
The reference .db was converted during the MM3->MM4 update, and the Playlists were visible.

Digging around now to find my last MM3 db.

-G