Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bmcclure

Re: Discogs Tagger 3.2 (Updated: 2011-07-08)

Post by bmcclure »

No problem. I'm glad something I said finally helped :)
--
Ben
Let

Post by Let »

huge: i'm glad you got it working on your machine. i'm sure your solution will help others who will have the same problem in the future.

bmcclure: your reasoning is completely correct. discogs tagger uses MSXML, MSXML uses IE and IE settings (since it has no settings). that was the exact reason i advised to check that URL. thanks for your help on solving this issue.
odyss3y

Post by odyss3y »

Anyone else having trouble with Album Art? The first time I load the plugin, it works, and subsequent times, it doesn't. Album art is on the website, loads fine in IE, MM says it is downloading the art, but nothing shows up after that. I just did the latest update (2011-07-08) and that is when the problem started.
huge

Post by huge »

odyss3y wrote:Anyone else having trouble with Album Art? The first time I load the plugin, it works, and subsequent times, it doesn't. Album art is on the website, loads fine in IE, MM says it is downloading the art, but nothing shows up after that. I just did the latest update (2011-07-08) and that is when the problem started.
I think I have the same problem. For me it didn't work the first time ... I think it has not worked the first 30 times and then it just worked once, and then the last few tries it hasn't worked. I've mostly used Amazon to find the album art and discogs to get other tags, but I was planning on posting here to ask if there might be a solution in anyone's toolkit...
bmcclure

Post by bmcclure »

Strange--I have not experienced this issue at all, though I am using the MM 4 beta.

@huge, do you have the same behavior as odyss3y where it says it's downloading the album art but it just never shows up in the folder and/or tags, or do you get something different?
--
Ben
huge

Post by huge »

bmcclure wrote:Strange--I have not experienced this issue at all, though I am using the MM 4 beta.

@huge, do you have the same behavior as odyss3y where it says it's downloading the album art but it just never shows up in the folder and/or tags, or do you get something different?
I think I'm getting the same thing - the popup window comes and goes very fast, but I think it says it's downloading.
Let

Post by Let »

Would it be specific to a releases? Can you give a release id that doesn't work? Are you using small album art or the bigger one? Which mediamonkey version are you using?
odyss3y

Post by odyss3y »

Let wrote:Would it be specific to a releases? Can you give a release id that doesn't work? Are you using small album art or the bigger one? Which mediamonkey version are you using?
Nope, happens to every album, whether it has worked previously or not. A release ID I tested with is: 1411598. Large art and small has the same results. Using MM 3.2.5.1306 Gold and IE version 9.0.8112.16421. I dug a little deeper and did some packet sniffing during the requests. The server is responding as expected and with the data as expected, so it is definitely getting the file appropriately. For the example above, it downloaded this image with http 200: http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-1411598-1217434428.jpeg
lucaslop

Post by lucaslop »

The link is not working, I would like to install this plugin. Can you help me?
Let

Post by Let »

lucaslop wrote:The link is not working, I would like to install this plugin. Can you help me?
I see more than hundred downloads a day. Can you try downloading with another browser?

odyss3y: discogs tagger passes the album art url to mediamonkey and mediamonkey handles the rest. Could it be related with options in Auto-tag from Web window? Have you tried selecting "save image to tag (if possible)" and other options?
odyss3y

Post by odyss3y »

Let wrote:
lucaslop wrote:The link is not working, I would like to install this plugin. Can you help me?
I see more than hundred downloads a day. Can you try downloading with another browser?

odyss3y: discogs tagger passes the album art url to mediamonkey and mediamonkey handles the rest. Could it be related with options in Auto-tag from Web window? Have you tried selecting "save image to tag (if possible)" and other options?
I always do it as a tag using the large version of the album art. The odd thing is it works the first time I run it after installing/reinstalling, then seems to stop working with no changes made to settings or anything of that sort. If MM handles the download, and I see that it is downloading, then it must be something outside of MM/Discogs that is causing the problem. The only other thing I could think of then is the Windows Update patches as I keep up to date on them. Other than that, my MM setup/processes haven't changed for months.
Let

Post by Let »

are you using windows 7 64 bit? baf script users had problems with this as far as i understand? are you running MM as administrator?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... start=1470

there shouldn't be any difference between the first usage after first install and others. Ini settings are written on first run, can you delete items related with cover under DiscogsAutoTagWeb group and let us know your experiments. I'm out of ideas, you are on your own :)
odyss3y

Post by odyss3y »

Let wrote:are you using windows 7 64 bit? baf script users had problems with this as far as i understand? are you running MM as administrator?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... start=1470

there shouldn't be any difference between the first usage after first install and others. Ini settings are written on first run, can you delete items related with cover under DiscogsAutoTagWeb group and let us know your experiments. I'm out of ideas, you are on your own :)
shouldn't be, but there definitely is. it threw me off when I was running it because it would work, and then in subsequent times it would SEEM like it was working. using x64 with current patching from windows update, running as admin with UAC disabled. scripts.ini looks exactly as it should. i'm getting strange behavior from mm in general as related to albumart so im guessing its an MM bug and not with the discogs tagger. when i set albumart manually and remove manually, it doesn't seem to take on all the files for an unknown reason but MM doesn't give me an error. for example, if i remove album art for all files in an album (15 files), some of the album art is removed (5), then at some point it stops removing album art from subsequent files (10). if i do this process multiple times, it will eventually remove the art from the tag. tried uninstalling/installing mm, no difference.

my storage is setup to use UNC addresses and is stored on another server and using gigabit w/ jumbo frames on both my desktop and server. the library is on a raid1 array and my mm database is local.

im going to consult my local voodoo priest and see if that will help.
Let

Post by Let »

i think i am getting envious about your system configuration :)

my last bet is would be a corrupted database. have you tried creating a new database? :roll:

if it doesn't work maybe it's time to submit a ticket from support section...
Borat

Post by Borat »

Hello,

I am having the exact same problems with Discogs Tagger not saving album art. I am also on Win7 64bit. :-(

Any solution to this?

Thanks,
B