A couple of bugs

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

DieHardDan

A couple of bugs

Post by DieHardDan »

I can't reproduce it but it seems after updating to the last two latest betas my rating all changed to 5 stars. I don't think it changed right away, maybe after a few syncs?

The 2nd bug: when I type something in the search bar and backspace it all, for some reason the drop down menu appears always with the artist "dell shannon" as a suggestion. Is there a way to clear the search bar "cashe"? It's very minor, but kind of annoying
Pman

Re: A couple of bugs

Post by Pman »

For your 2nd bug:

1. Close Mediamonkey
2. Go to C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey
3. Find a file called MediaMonkey.ini and open it in notepad (usually does by default)
4. Find "[SimpleSearch]" and delete all items listed below it, looks something like "Item1=dell shannon" in your case. Save file and close.
5. Restart MM

If you are using Windows XP, I think it's somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\<your windows username>\Application Data\MediaMonkey
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

That worked, thanks!
DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

Ok, I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the 1st bug I mentioned :evil: For some reason MM keeps progressivly changing the ratings to 5 star!!! not all at once but a bunch at a time, Luckily I use the track # as a secondary rating system or my library would be screwed...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

DieHardDan wrote:Ok, I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the 1st bug I mentioned :evil: For some reason MM keeps progressivly changing the ratings to 5 star!!! not all at once but a bunch at a time, Luckily I use the track # as a secondary rating system or my library would be screwed...
What portable player? Is it definitely caused by syncing, or can you give any more details...?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

Atrix 4g (android) I don't know for sure when it happens because it's hard to notice them changing, all I know is; I fixed the rating from the last time, about 20 minutes later I re synced my phone and noticed a ton of the rating were wrong again, and it changes the timestamp as well, making me resync everything all over on the next plug in.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

DieHardDan wrote:Atrix 4g (android) I don't know for sure when it happens because it's hard to notice them changing, all I know is; I fixed the rating from the last time, about 20 minutes later I re synced my phone and noticed a ton of the rating were wrong again, and it changes the timestamp as well, making me resync everything all over on the next plug in.
If you can come up with a concrete set of steps to reproduce this, please let us know... I can't reproduce with my iPhone.

DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

I will test it a bit. Though I tried editing the tags manually through windows explorer and I noticed a bunch of the tags were locked, meaning I could change the tags in the properties menu, but they wouldn't take after applying. Could MM be having a problem writing the tags to the files?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

DieHardDan wrote: Could MM be having a problem writing the tags to the files?
I think that's something you'll need to tell us...

DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

OK, I plugged in my Atrix this morning and observed. My Atrix is currently set to automatically scan and sync when it's plugged in. This time I literally watched the ratings change. As mentioned before they always change to a five star rating; the songs already rated 5 stars are unchanged and their timestamps remain the same. While it was happening, it was during scanning and during "preparing list of files", it was also blinking something along the lines of "files to be tagged" which the number was changing. I wish I could provide more information, but it is not consistent, after the first sync I corrected the ratings and did it again and the ratings didn't change. it seems after a while of not using it, is when the ratings change, which makes no sense to me. I also completely removed MM and all it's extenions and themes and reinstalled, and it didn't change anything. Sadly, I'm going to have to find an alternative for now as I can't sync 2600 songs every time I plug it in :( It takes probably 6-7 hours to accomplish, maybe longer.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

1. Rating changes to 5 stars for which songs? For the source songs on your computer (that are going to be synced) or for the songs on the phone, or for both?
2. Did you check 'Device' -> 'Options' -> '[x] Auto-sync files from the device to the PC' or not? Maybe it just synches rating from your phone back to PC?
3. DebugLog would be useful in order to see what is going on.
DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

Ludek wrote:1. Rating changes to 5 stars for which songs? For the source songs on your computer (that are going to be synced) or for the songs on the phone, or for both?
2. Did you check 'Device' -> 'Options' -> '[x] Auto-sync files from the device to the PC' or not? Maybe it just synches rating from your phone back to PC?
3. DebugLog would be useful in order to see what is going on.
1. For the songs on my computer.
2."Auto-sync files from the device to the PC" is off.
3. It seems I can consistently reproduce this bug on the first sync of the day; any syncs after that throughout the day will not modify my corrected ratingsl :-? So I will produce a debug log tomorrow as I have already did the first sync today.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Just a thought ... is the clock on your Android the same as your PC?
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
DieHardDan

Post by DieHardDan »

Probably within a minute I would say.