Magneto Skin v.1.0 (10/07/2011)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

sakurakessho

Re: Magneto Skin v.1.0 (10/07/2011)

Post by sakurakessho »

Wow! Great skin! The only thing that bugs me is the white text in the "options" menu. :D
*MM Gold as of 04.23.08*
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Thanks for the comment and glad you like the skin.

Unfortunately, MM doesn't allow us to change the text only for the 'Options' menu. This is the common ListBox element and changing the text here would mean that it also affects anywhere that the ListBox is used. As the main text colour for the Theme is white, it means I had to compromise. :(
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
sakurakessho

Post by sakurakessho »

I understand. :) Still a great skin. Just what I was looking for. As long as its all readable that's all I care about. :)
*MM Gold as of 04.23.08*
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I am still loving this skin, but I have a couple of items to discuss.

1) A few posts back there was a discussion about the Now Playing Node color and that it was fixed. Seems as though it was only fixed in the Incognito version. I redownloaded and reinstalled the regular version and the Now Playing node background is still blue.

2) I believe Stigg asked for MR and LV/SI skins. Any progress there?

Thank you again for a wonderful skin. And BTW, I like your polka dot background; do you think a Magneto Polka version could be in the works?
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

rrfpacker wrote:1) A few posts back there was a discussion about the Now Playing Node color and that it was fixed. Seems as though it was only fixed in the Incognito version. I redownloaded and reinstalled the regular version and the Now Playing node background is still blue.
It is only fixed in the Incognito version. I can't find a solution for the regular version as I use a tranparent overlay for the striped background and this precludes a colour change.
rrfpacker wrote:2) I believe Stigg asked for MR and LV/SI skins. Any progress there?
No progress at the moment but I will get to them asap....I have a couple of ideas for new skins which I'm playing with at the moment....if I don't do these first they will never see the light of day...as I run my own business I'll run out of time before something else comes up....or run out of enthusiasm (it comes in fits and starts as I get closer to retirement age)....or run out of patience when the dratted thing doesn't work how I want it to (life was far simpler when we used chalk and slates).
rrfpacker wrote:Thank you again for a wonderful skin. And BTW, I like your polka dot background; do you think a Magneto Polka version could be in the works?
I take it you meant the samples I posted....I thought they were tasteful....seems I'm in the minority of 1 (or now 2 it would appear) :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Coach,

Thanks for all the answers. Looking forward to whatever might come out of your fertile mind.
WayneBudak

Post by WayneBudak »

I think that this one is one of the most delicious skins because it looks professionally(all the elements are clearly visible and available) and on the other hand it is not to much contaminated with additional visual details which are unimportant.
This is what I call a clever design.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@WayneBudak... Thanks for the comments. Glad you like the skin :D
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Added MonkeyRok and LyricsViewer skins (...looks @ Stigg & rrfpacker... :roll: )

Download links in first post of this thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you. Magneto is complete and beautiful.
jr2233a

Post by jr2233a »

Great work, the best skin I have seen. I love the stripes as they are. I am new at this and downloaded all of the above files. I have version 3.2.2 and have tried to add the skins. I opened as administrator but cannot seem to get the skin to work. can someone help. thanks...jr
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Did you save .msz file to skin folder? Unzip others to respective folders.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@jr2233a...the Magneto.msz file needs to be saved to your skin directory. Depending on your operating system this may be under Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Skins\ or ProgramFiles\MediaMonkey\Skins. If you use the latter MM should pick this up regardless of operating system.
jr2233a

Post by jr2233a »

Hi guys, just got home and had to immediately check for a respond. Low and behold I excitedly found the skin directory and now I have the new awesome look. I am proud to show this one off. should I drop the other zipped files in the same skins directory? I am using win8 (eight) and it works fine here. thanks and keep this stuff coming. I can't wait now for the lyrics look....jr
jr2233a

Post by jr2233a »

Hi again, just been looking at your great skin and wondered if you can add a feature in your upcoming mods. In the playlist while the song is playing, it would ne nice if that line would be highlighted, then as the next song is played, the highlight would move to the next song in line. While I have you here, one other wish would be to have a small button somewhere that represents your playlist. This way while a good song is playing, you simply press the button once and the song is saved to your playlist. (now it takes me 4 mouse clicks to save a song). just suggestions and thanks...jr