WASAPI plug-in for Vista

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: WASAPI plug-in for Vista

Post by nohitter151 »

Holograph wrote:@Peke: This is why: "THIS IS NOT A BIT PERFECT RENDERER AND THUS IT APPLYING SOME PROCESSING!"
@nohitter151: I believe 6 months qualifies as patient (and that's since my previous message, this thread is significantly older).
It's only been 6 months since the last version of MM was released. Developing takes time.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
JackH

Post by JackH »

nohitter151 wrote:It's only been 6 months since the last version of MM was released. Developing takes time.
I can understand that; it's just disappointing to have to wait for a major new version to get the WASAPI plugin. I'd love to see the plugin released for the current version.
jiri

Post by jiri »

The main reason why we haven't released it yet is that it also requires some new functionality from the main application, i.e. it simply wouldn't work well in MM 3.2. It will yet take some time to release MM 4.0, but some alpha/beta pre-releases aren't that far away.

Jiri
murraypnz

Re: WASAPI plug-in for Vista - it already exists!

Post by murraypnz »

Hi guys,

Maybe you missed this plugin - adionsoft Wasapi output plugin. http://adionsoft.net/winampwasapi/ It was written for winamp but works almost perfectly for me in MM (it can crash sometimes when a new playlist is loaded - seems to be related to going in and out of Wasapi Exclusive). Thisis small price to pay for quite excellent results.

I haven't checked that it is bit perfect but to me with MM this is currently easily the best sound I can get from any media player (and I've got most loaded here and tried anything I can get my hands on).

BTW it si also only one of two Wasapi plugins that actually work at all for me - Foobar, and J River both fail on my set up.

Please let me know how you get on.

best

murray
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

I really don't think this is a true wasapi out as it goes through the windows mixer just like Direct sound. I'm currently using the Kernel Streaming Output v3.63 which works fine with my 16 bit DAC but does not work with my 24 bit Benchmark...

MM 4 any time soon???

Cheers
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

I take back what I said previously as I wasn't set-up correctly...After making sure that:
1.my USB DAC was chosen as the default device in windows 7.
2."Give exclusive mode" is checked in the advanced property of speaker properties
3. all other sounds are muted or inactive in the mixer
4. then start MM to get exclusive mode going.
(you can make sure by it's excluse by checking in MM under tools->output and click on about. Obviously the adionSOft plugin needs to be selected)

For some reason it seems like it sounds better than the Kmixer plugin or any other output plugins...(or as good as foobar now...) Placebo?
Anyhow It sounds good!!

Still prefer the Wasapi of foobar as this one seems a little buggy (restart of MM required a couple of times and it's not possible to use the seek bar)....
m@thieu

Re: WASAPI plug-in for Vista and 7

Post by m@thieu »

Hi all,

I'm a french user of MediaMonkey 3 Gold version interested in this topic...

I suggest to rename the subject to "WASAPI plug-in for Vista and 7" because windows 7 is in the same case (and I ;-).

Then I'd really like to get this ability to use wasapi in my favourite song library and player, as Mediamonkey is wonderful!
Wonderful yes... but... No, really? Now it's not possible to make the most of my many lovely FLAC files that I made so much time to encode???
So I got the answer...

This is a really missing functionnality, what a pity, especially on these times when 'computer played' music tends more and more to replace 'CD played' music!
And it's hard to wait and hope for MM4 to get it!

Is it possible to get a MM 3 plugin while waiting for MM4?
When will MM4 be released? Possible to get a beta?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards,

M@thieu
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

No, it won't be included until MM4:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6553

The beta is probably only a few weeks away.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

mm4 public alpha is now downloadable here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 56#p278637
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Bubbles

Post by Bubbles »

Has there been any progress on this? Or is there still no way of having bit-perfect output when using mediamonkey?

Considering this thread was started in January 2009 that's rather pathetic...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4, currently in beta testing in the Beta forum has a WASAPI output plugin.