MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

spookyfox

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.3

Post by spookyfox »

None of that worked :( I tried renaming the images as well but they just refuse to appear in the cache folder.
spookyfox

Post by spookyfox »

I just uninstalled MM, deleted all the contents of the MM folder and reinstalled MM, reinstalled MF, and those 3 covers are still missing.
remmer

Post by remmer »

Monkeyflow has just stopped working for some reason. I can't figure out why. I have tried deleting the two files from the scripts folder and adding the again but I just get a blank area where it should be displaying.

I have noticed that in task manager monkeyflow isn't there, neither is winviz.

Any ideas?
phantomwhale

Post by phantomwhale »

Well, after the curve ball of trying MonkeyFlow 1.1 from the "Addons" section of the main website (I swear, do MM staff even LOOK at the front pages now ? Compared to the awesome features found by trawling the forums, the front pages make MM look highly under-nourished in the user support arena...) I've now got CoverFlow up and running in MM3. And wow - it's just awesome !

I did notice it shows me ALL my albums, and does not respect MM filters. Fair enough, it's still bl**dy good. Given it's state of "it works, but not under development" I was wondering if the code was available anywhere ? Would be good to see if I can hack in filters myself. Would be cool if the developer (not sure - is that you flashk ? Or did you pick it up from elsewhere ?) was happy to open source this (even cooler if he wants to take feature requests such as support filters, but I'm a realist not an idealist !)

Otherwise, job well done. Tried getting this working (possibly with PrettyPictures) a while ago, and it was "ok". Now with MF 1.3 working, is "darn awesome". So yeah, happy.
flashk

Post by flashk »

When browsing by Library, MonkeyFlow should only display covers based on the active filter. What version of MediaMonkey are you using? There might have been changes in MM4 related to filters, so it might not work properly in that case.
phantomwhale

Post by phantomwhale »

Ah yeah, looking at it again the filters are sort of working.

Where it doesn't work for me are the main filter I use is "Music Collection" which contains :
(a)everything in my "FLAC" folder (being FLAC copies of CDs I own) and
(b) my "mp3" folder (being music I don't have FLACS for)
but NOT my "compressed copy" folder (being m4a rips of the FLACs)

So when I browse this filter, I see both albums from the FLAC folder and the mp3 folder. But on selection an album from the FLAC folder, I see both the FLAC and m4a tracks - whereas via the normal mediamonkey interface I'd only see the FLAC files and the m4a copies would have been correctly filtered out.

I guess this is a case of once MonkeyFlow has an album name, it deos a simple search for the album name, no longer taking into account the filter settings ?
flashk

Post by flashk »

You are absolutely correct. The filter is only used to determine which album covers to display. The track list for the selected cover is unfiltered. I'll look into fixing this in a future version.
Alikalix

Post by Alikalix »

Hello. Im using last version of MF and MM 4 and I've got this strange problem. When I download some new music, it's sorted on the begining of the MF saved as UNKNOWN ARTIST but all the tag fields are typed good. When I change some field in the tag, it's showed correctly. Why is this happening?
UksusoFF

Post by UksusoFF »

Alikalix wrote:Hello. Im using last version of MF and MM 4 and I've got this strange problem. When I download some new music, it's sorted on the begining of the MF saved as UNKNOWN ARTIST but all the tag fields are typed good. When I change some field in the tag, it's showed correctly. Why is this happening?
Yep same problem... And sometimes (maybe after reboot) this tags and album arts showing normally
UksusoFF

Post by UksusoFF »

Not worked with latest build of MM4 :(
AJ

error while connecting

Post by AJ »

I have 2 computers, running the exact same versions of media monkey and monkey flow, and although 1 works fine the other keeps giving me the "error while connecting" message. Checking log file, this appears to be the problem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 437, in _dbConnect
File "C:\Program Files\WorldViz\Vizard30\bin\lib\codecs.py", line 669, in open
LookupError: unknown encoding: utf-16-le
------------------------------------------------------------
Querying database for all albums
Iterating through query results
Filtering album list
Filtering album list using active filter query:
------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 302, in _dbThread
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 495, in _dbConnect
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 529, in _dbUpdateFilter
File "MonkeyFlow.py", line 120, in log
File "MonkeyFlow.py", line 120, in <generator expression>
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfa' in position 28: ordinal not in range(128)------------------------------------------------------------
Database thread shutting down

Can anyone help?
Thank you,

AJ
gooch mango

Post by gooch mango »

How do I empty MF image cache? Where is it located?

I have a new, clean install of MM4 with the updated MF. It functions (i.e flows) fine, but it shows the wrong album art about 50% of the time... some of the artwork is not even album covers, but random screen caps from movie files (?!?) (Note: my MM is ONLY linked to my music folder; I unticked all video file associations, and never directed MM to scan any video/movie folders. I have no idea why MF is grabbing those images).

All my music is tagged exactly the same way, with the exact same naming structure/pathways, all artwork is jpg 500 x 500, and all artwork shows correctly in the "now playing" pane... but about half of the albums still show random, incorrect artwork (even after rescanning, restarting MM, rebooting the PC, etc...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Hah! Found the little b*stard.

EDIT part II: Deleting the monkeyflow_cache and monkeyflow.log files cleared it all up. When I re-opened MM everything was perfect. Looks great!
Burliebaer

Post by Burliebaer »

Hi there,
I am using the latest MM4 and Monkeyflow version. Everything is working fine, except the CD content doesnt
get sorted the right way.

The default is:
title, artist, album, date, etc

If I try to rearrange the sort sequence, f.e. track number, title, album, artist, etc
it always goes back to default if I click onto another album. this problems just happens
if I use monkeyflow. someone made the same experience or knows a solution that the
sort sequence doesnt switch back to default after selecting a different album in monkeyflow?

Post by Guest »

I was able to get this coverflow working with MM4, however it only shows the proper album cover if I manually click on the song I want. If I click the "Next" arrow to go to the next song, coverflow will not change to the song currently playing. Same goes if the current song ends and a new one starts. Any fix for this issue?
GMFuller

MonkeyFlow doesn't work after upgrade from version 3

Post by GMFuller »

After upgrading from the latest version 3 to the current version 4 of Media Monkey, MonkeyFlow no longer works. There is just a grey block where the album covers should be.

When I shut down MediaMonkey, the status bar says 'Shutting down MonkeyFlow...'

I had MonkeyFlow working previously. I did a non-portable install of version 4, installed into the same directory where version 3 was.

My system is Windows 7 64 bit, with an ATI Radeon HD 5800 graphics card with current drivers. I have a lifetime gold license.

On the initial run of MediaMonkey there was an sql error message, I have not seen that message again (I don't remember what it was).
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic