iPod Nano 6th Gen Not Synching

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: iPod Nano 6th Gen Not Synching

Post by Lowlander »

Priority doesn't matter as the issue is already been worked on.
raptore39

Post by raptore39 »

Waiting with bated breath for the Nano 6g support. For now I will use <shudder> iTunes, but only when I REALLY need to change my music. Will work through my 8GB before changing the content.
Disclaimer: We should all hope and look towards the day where man realizes the sounds exiting his mouth are mostly complaints and a change occurs. - Chevelle
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 3.2.3 beta has been released with support for iPod Nano 6G, iPod Touch 4G and iPod Shuffle 4G: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 79#p275179
StigMX5

Post by StigMX5 »

I tried the Beta tonight with the Nano 6G. The good news is that the playlist and the songs went over to the Nano.

The bad news is that when you click on the playlist or a song, it doesn't play anything. The playlist just skips through the songs.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I just retested and it all works fine for me - tracks are synced and all play correctly. Is there anything specific about your setup? All mp3s? Have you tried to clean up your device and try to sync just one or few tracks?

Jiri
StigMX5

Post by StigMX5 »

I installed the Beta and took the Nano 6G back to factory by restoring it in iTunes.

I synced 3 MP3s from iTunes to the Nano. They play fine.
I synced another MP3 from MM to the Nano.

It lists under Artist, but if you click on the song, it displays the album cover but doesn't play. You press the play button and it doesn't change or play, so you never see the pause button.

I'm at a loss. Thanks Jiri for any help.
StigMX5

Post by StigMX5 »

Jiri:

I looked at all the settings and the compatibility mode was off. So MM was dropping the MP3 into the root directory of the IPOD vs the other directory.

As soon as I set that option, it worked fine. Thanks!

Stig
riw777

Post by riw777 »

I just pulled the beta version, and it seems to be working fine for my 6th gen nano (with a touch screen).

Thanks!

Russ
themgnt

Post by themgnt »

Well... crap. I just finished writing a big long post because I couldn't get our new Nano 6g to work. (files would load but the iPod didn't recognize anything was on it). Latest version of MM and iTunes.

Before posting I thought I would just wipe the iPod and restore it via iTunes. And whaddaya know? It worked!

So I'm posting this in case others are having a similar problem with a new iPod.

BTW - I used both of these guides in setting things up:
o http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _ipod_sync
o http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... zation.htm

HTH
jwatersc

Post by jwatersc »

Am using the latest version of mediamonkey, and still can't sync decently with ipod nano 6th generation. Last time I tried it only recognises it as a USB device, and even though I checked to only sync certain playlists, it starts copying my whole media library on the device. Any suggestions?
jabbrwokk

New 1.2 firmware causes problems with nano 6th gen

Post by jabbrwokk »

Sorry to necro an old thread, but this seems the most appropriate place.

Some discussion has been posted in this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=60947 but I wanted to put it here too.

Basically, since the new 1.2 firmware was released for the nano this problem has cropped up again. There is a workaround as described in the above thread but it is temporary and annoying, requiring me to open my ipod through itunes after every sync through media monkey.

Hopefully there is a better fix for this, anyone have any suggestions?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jj_berg wrote:I have the new iPod Touch 4th Gen. and MediaMonkey doesn't recognize it at all. I'm wondering why the ticket is marked as just a "minor" issue if multiple devices cannot be synched. I have to use iTunes again to sync which has rendered my MediaMonkey useless until this is fixed. That is a major issue to me and I'm sure anyone else whose purchased MediaMonkey for their iPod only to find it isn't supported.
The issue is already resolved, so make sure you're using the latest build.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jabbrwokk

Post by jabbrwokk »

One more thing. I downloaded and tried to sync with the latest build of MM4 (1442) and the same problem I described is happening. There is a problem with the new Nano firmware and MediaMonkey and I really hope the development team finds a way to resolve it.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

nohitter151 wrote: The issue is already resolved, so make sure you're using the latest build.
The issue was resolved for the iPpod Nano 6G, as long as you are running firmware version 1.1 or lower.

Apple released firmware version 1.2 on October 4, 2011 and this breaks MM functionality for the 6G nano's if you upgrade the firmware, as discussed here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60947
jiri

Post by jiri »

Covered as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8492 and will be fixed in the next build.

Thanks,
Jiri