Pasting picture into AlbumArt (regression)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Macarena

Pasting picture into AlbumArt (regression)

Post by Macarena »

Regression is detected when pasting picture onto an album.
- copy picture into clipboard
- find an album with no AlbumArt yet
- in albumart view, open the right-click menu on the AlbumArt, and
- select "paste"
since that moment MM does not respond.

Can anybody reproduce this regression, please?
M
Ludek

Re: Pasting picture into AlbumArt (regression)

Post by Ludek »

Works fine here. Did you test the newest build?
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Ludek wrote:Works fine here. Did you test the newest build?
positive.
build 1448, WinXP, installation portable onto an external disc. What other information should I supply?

I remember, it worked a few weeks ago, with an earlier version. M
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Works fine for me also. Maybe the album art confirmation window pops up behind the main MM window, so it appears MM doesn't respond?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

I couldn't find any opinion for "use this settings and don't ask me'" at Options -> Library -> Tags & Playlists -> Artwork. So, I have no clue how to test the suggestion option. Any suggestions, please?

And yes, MM was supposed to ask me.
nohitter151 wrote:Works fine for me also. Maybe the album art confirmation window pops up behind the main MM window, so it appears MM doesn't respond?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

How big is the image? Is this specific to only some images?
Does this occur with all albums or is it specific to only some albums?
Try to generate debug log as described here: (see item 4b) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
And also try to catch a video to demonstrate this, maybe we are doing somehing differently.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Macarena wrote:I couldn't find any opinion for "use this settings and don't ask me'" at Options -> Library -> Tags & Playlists -> Artwork. So, I have no clue how to test the suggestion option. Any suggestions, please?
Because there is no such option, a confirmation window always should show. Try to restore down the MM window (ie. not maximized) so that you could see if something were to pop up behind the window.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

I have to correct my answer. MM asks me: The window with the AlbumArt-type and embedding appears. Only after I press OK:
- MM freezes, and I cannot work with MM anymore
- it plays the current song to the end, and then it repeats the last 3-5 seconds all over again and again
- eventually, the debug (send error) window appears, but it freezes also before I am able to write anything or click sending OK. (next time I just click OK right away. I promise :) )

This appears on pasting a small and normal sized JPEG into Album with 25+ tracks. I tried albums with <15tracks or single tracks and everything works fine. Then I tried 25+ songs (25 tracks, 120 tracks, and 600+ tracks in one album). is that a high number of tracks?

M
Macarena wrote:I couldn't find any opinion for "use this settings and don't ask me'" at Options -> Library -> Tags & Playlists -> Artwork. So, I have no clue how to test the suggestion option. Any suggestions, please?

And yes, MM was supposed to ask me.
nohitter151 wrote:Works fine for me also. Maybe the album art confirmation window pops up behind the main MM window, so it appears MM doesn't respond?
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

I am happy to create a video or generate a manual debug log, but this have to wait until the weekend. I apologies for the delay.
Ludek wrote:How big is the image? Is this specific to only some images?
Does this occur with all albums or is it specific to only some albums?
Try to generate debug log as described here: (see item 4b) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
And also try to catch a video to demonstrate this, maybe we are doing somehing differently.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Macarena,

I'm unable to replicate as well--I tested with both M4A and MP3 files with albums containing ~50 tracks, pasting both to Tag and to folder.

Best would be if you could generate a video and a debug log.

Thanks.

-Rusty
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Dear devs,

a debug log has been created an sent (the message contains the full URL of this forum topic). The video from that time window is placed here: http://screencast.com/t/VWdGHKhqzAY (no voice commentary)

This time only two ca. 400MB files were in the album. The behaviour was identical: pasting AlbumArt, choosing AlbumArt properties, MM stops reacting. After about 10minuts, the debug window pops up, and I can send the debug. After another ca. 10minuts a new debug lo wants out (sent, too). (If I switch between windows already when the send-debug window is active (e.g. to copy sth), the send window will be not responsible after switching back. i.e. I had to have the message in the clipboard, just to paste and to send.)

Let me know, if I am any help, or what else I can supply to solve the problem successfully. M
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Dear devs,

when I am able to post a debug log, I paste the link to this forum and topic into the message body. are you able to link the debug-log to the problems described here?

Sending a debug log is not always possible: If I switch to another window when the error dialogue has popped up, the error dialogue is not available anymore after switching back to MediaMonkey. The window whites out and MM continuous not to respond.
M
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Another video, with the debug log was posted, please. link: http://screencast.com/t/KhjDRIulIQh This time it was an average album: 5 tracks, MP3, around 40mins in total. Nothing extraordinary, IMO. Any ideas what should I check further?
Macarena wrote:Dear devs,

a debug log has been created an sent (the message contains the full URL of this forum topic). The video from that time window is placed here: http://screencast.com/t/VWdGHKhqzAY (no voice commentary)
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

update: adding the same file (picture) via "Edit AlbumArt properties" > Add > select Image File... works as expected: the AlbumArt is added without delays. The AlbumArt was previously saved to disc, instead to the clipboard. M
Sherban

Post by Sherban »

I am experiencing the exact issues Macarena describes.