Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Thorden

Re: Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.5 (2011-10-26)[M

Post by Thorden »

Thanks for the effort of looking into this!

Sorry to say, I can't make it work. When trying to install 3.5.3 I get the "Product installation error"
"Tools"/"Extensions" says 3.5.3 is installed, but in the options it says v3.5.2

The default value of the with: box is still \Playlists\ after restart.

I tried to uninstall first, but get the error "can't uninstall c:\program data\mediamonkey\extensions\exportM3U...." etc
Manually deleted directory too, no luck.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thorden wrote:"Tools"/"Extensions" says 3.5.3 is installed, but in the options it says v3.5.2
I forgot to update the version number in the Options box, there is now the fixed version in the download page. As for other mentioned problem, I really have no idea why that is happening to you. I just tried to install and uninstall and it works fine, as well as with: value. For your last resort, you could rename .mmip file to .zip and manually unpack the ExportM3UsForSubNodes.vbs file to the script folder. By the way, check with Task Manager that you don't have some additional MM instance left in the memory.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Thorden

Post by Thorden »

Maual copying did the trick, it now works flawlessly.
Thanks a lot for this extremely useful extension to MediaMonkey! :D
Milopita

Post by Milopita »

Is the file no longer available? I am having trouble downloading from the link / site on the first post.
Thanks
Thorden

Post by Thorden »

Guess the link isn't updated. Change the URL to reflect 2.5.3 instead of 2.5.2, and it downloads.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The link is updated now. Thanks for the info.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Milopita

Post by Milopita »

Hi,

I am trying to create playlists that my Squeezebox can use and that I can see using TunesRemote+ connecting to MonkeyTunes and Logitech remote controller and a Squeezebox radio can see using Squeezebox.

I am using:
  • TunesRemote+ 2.4.1 and Logitech remote 1.1.1/r8350 on an HTC Desire (Android 2.2)
    MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1448 and MonkeyTunes 1.6.3.2
    Squeezebox Version: 7.5.1 - r30836 on a QNAP NAS TS-409 firmware version:3.3.2 Build 0918T
My music is stored on my QNAP NAS in this format:
  • \\NAS\Qmultimedia\MUSIC\Banco de Gaia\10 Years\18 - Banco De Gaia - Touching The Void.mp3
Squeezebox is monitoring:
  • /Qmultimedia/MUSIC for music
    and
    /Qmultimedia/MUSIC/Playlists for playlists
Can somebody please explain to me how they have setup the options for "Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.5" in order to get the playlists working in:
  • MediaMonkey as well as MonkeyTunes and its associated remote control TunesRemote+
    Squeezebox and its associated remote control Logitech Squeezebox remote and its associated player Squeezebox radio
A jpeg of your settings would be really helpful if you have a similar system to mine. Is it possible to get playlists written that all of these players can read and understand? Will I need duplicates? Thanks for your help in advance, I have done some experimenting and some playlists that I created seem to work but I am not sure I am doing things right.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Milopita wrote:Is it possible to get playlists written that all of these players can read and understand? Will I need duplicates?
I don't have a system like you do and I am not sure that understand exactly what is your requirement, but if nobody can provide a proper solution I think that you could try to generate .mp3 files for Squeezebox with the following settings:
- Relative paths in .m3u files OFF
- Unix .m3u file format ON
- Replace paths in .m3u files: \\NAS
- with: empty
- Use Regular expressions OFF

or maybe you could just try:
- Relative paths in .m3u files ON
- Unix .m3u file format ON
- Replace paths OFF
Thorden

Post by Thorden »

Milopita wrote:Hi,

I am trying to create playlists that my Squeezebox can use and that I can see using TunesRemote+ connecting to MonkeyTunes and Logitech remote controller and a Squeezebox radio can see using Squeezebox.

I am using:
  • TunesRemote+ 2.4.1 and Logitech remote 1.1.1/r8350 on an HTC Desire (Android 2.2)
    MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1448 and MonkeyTunes 1.6.3.2
    Squeezebox Version: 7.5.1 - r30836 on a QNAP NAS TS-409 firmware version:3.3.2 Build 0918T
My music is stored on my QNAP NAS in this format:
  • \\NAS\Qmultimedia\MUSIC\Banco de Gaia\10 Years\18 - Banco De Gaia - Touching The Void.mp3
Squeezebox is monitoring:
  • /Qmultimedia/MUSIC for music
    and
    /Qmultimedia/MUSIC/Playlists for playlists
Can somebody please explain to me how they have setup the options for "Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.5" in order to get the playlists working in:
  • MediaMonkey as well as MonkeyTunes and its associated remote control TunesRemote+
    Squeezebox and its associated remote control Logitech Squeezebox remote and its associated player Squeezebox radio
A jpeg of your settings would be really helpful if you have a similar system to mine. Is it possible to get playlists written that all of these players can read and understand? Will I need duplicates? Thanks for your help in advance, I have done some experimenting and some playlists that I created seem to work but I am not sure I am doing things right.
I am not familiar with using "TunesRemote+ connecting to MonkeyTunes and Logitech remote", but I do use Squeezebox running on NAS. I control it with iPeng for iPhone and iPad.
I export playlists from MM to Squeezebox Serve0r like this:
- Select Extended .m3u format
- Replace \\NAS\Qmultimedia\MUSIC\ with blank
- Export playlists to \\NAS\Qmultimedia\MUSIC\, and tell Squeezebox server that's the right place for playlists. (If you use a dedicated folder for playlists you probably won't get album art when using playlists. That happened to me anyway)

This works perfect for me, including cover art on the iPhone/iPad and Logitec Squeezebox controller. Also work if I use the embedded Audio Station in my Synology NAS instead of Squeezebox.
Milopita

Post by Milopita »

Hi,
just to finish this up I have it working now. thanks for your help. I used the following settings:
  • Export to Single folder with " - " seperator
    All sub levels of nodes selected
    UTF-8 checked and BOM checked
    Extended .m3u format checked
    Unix .m3u file format checked
    Replace paths in .m3U files \\NAS replace with empty
    Everything else unchecked
Thanks again
Jondar

Post by Jondar »

Hi,

I think I've either found a bug or I'm doing something wrong:

I'm running MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1459 using Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.5.3 on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64. My library is scanning my music files from a NAS box. I upgraded MediaMonkey to 4.0 from the latest 3.x version (installing 4.0 over the top of 3.x) and the "upgrade" basically wiped my settings for this plugin (or at least, I think it did -- it didn't do my usual export on MediaMonkey shutdown after I upgraded)

What I want to do is the following:
replace the "//SERVERNAME/<path_to_file>" with "smb://user:pass@SERVERNAME/<path_to_file>"

I have the following options setup:
[x] Export to single folder
[x] First level of nodes only
[x] ANSI
[x] Extended .m3u format
[x] Unix .m3u file format
[x] Replace paths in .m3u files: //SERVERNAME with smb://user:pass@SERVERNAME
[x] Exclude Unavailable files
-----
Automatically export playlists: [x] On shutdown
then I've chosen the playlist sub-node and place to save the playlists to.

I do a manual export (via the "Export M3Us for Child Nodes" option) and then open the resulting
.m3u files to check.

//SERVERNAME isn't replaced.

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something completely obvious?

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Jondar
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Jondar wrote:What I want to do is the following:
replace the "//SERVERNAME/<path_to_file>" with "smb://user:pass@SERVERNAME/<path_to_file>"
I suppose that the Path of tracks stored in your database is not with the "/" but the "\". So, maybe you should try to replace the "\\SERVERNAME\" with "smb://user:pass@SERVERNAME/". The "Use Regular expressions ..." option should be turned off in that case, or you should escape each "\" character since it is reserved in Regex.
Jondar

Post by Jondar »

ZvezdanD wrote:I suppose that the Path of tracks stored in your database is not with the "/" but the "\". So, maybe you should try to replace the "\\SERVERNAME\" with "smb://user:pass@SERVERNAME/". The "Use Regular expressions ..." option should be turned off in that case, or you should escape each "\" character since it is reserved in Regex.
"Use Regular expressions..." is unchecked.

Checking MediaMonkey, the path does have the backslashes (\\), but the .m3u files created use the forwardslashes (//) -- which I'm assuming is due to having the "Unix .m3u file format checked"?

Doing a test run with what you've suggested, and success! The .m3u entries are formatted the way I want them. :)

It's strange though, that I had to do it that way, to me it just seemed logical to have the slashes the same way in both the "from" and the "to". Is this due to MediaMonkey's database?

Thanks for helping, ZvezdanD :)

~Jondar
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Jondar wrote:Checking MediaMonkey, the path does have the backslashes (\\), but the .m3u files created use the forwardslashes (//) -- which I'm assuming is due to having the "Unix .m3u file format checked"?
MediaMonkey is a Windows application and it stores paths in its database in Windows format. You have checked "Unix file format" and because of that "\" is replaced with "/" in .m3u files. However, the order of the replacement is important and it is like this:
1. "Replace paths in .mp3 files" "with", then
2. "Unix file format".
Because of that you need to use "\" in the "Replace paths" string, not matter if you have checked "Unix file format" or not. Actually, you could use "\" instead of "/" even in the "with" string and it would be replaced to "/" because the "Unix file format" replacement is executed in the second step.
Jondar

Post by Jondar »

ZvezdanD wrote:However, the order of the replacement is important and it is like this:
1. "Replace paths in .mp3 files" "with", then
2. "Unix file format".
Because of that you need to use "\" in the "Replace paths" string, not matter if you have checked "Unix file format" or not. Actually, you could use "\" instead of "/" even in the "with" string and it would be replaced to "/" because the "Unix file format" replacement is executed in the second step.
Thanks for that information: very good to know.

Thanks again for your help!

~Jondar