Fullscreen fine until cursor is moved.

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Fullscreen fine until cursor is moved.

Post by Guest »

Here is a screenshot of a fullscreen movie before
and after moving mouse

Exiting and re-entering fullscreen corrects the problem until the mouse is moved again.

Using an asus eeepc netbook 1015pem.
lifelust

Re: Fullscreen fine until cursor is moved.

Post by lifelust »

Posted by me but wasn't logged in
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

What codecs do you use?
Please try to edit MediaMonkey.ini and add following line under [Options] section:

Code: Select all

PreferredRenderer=4
lifelust

Post by lifelust »

Added line with no noticeable effect. Same thing happens and I'm using the codecs from the download latest beta page. This one ->MediaMonkey Codec Pack 2.0.0.14 (dev build)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

What is the difference between the first and second image? They look the same to me.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

nohitter151 wrote:What is the difference between the first and second image? They look the same to me.
Really?!? You must be using a small monitor, or a very high resolution maybe. I am on a 32" HDTV at 1280x720 widescreen and the second picture is horribly pixelated. It looks somewhat better at 1920x1080 but still very noticeable. Small monitors actually have a better picture because their pixels are condensed. (My smartphone's 4" screen never shows flaws in low-quality video for example.)

If you're interested in helping and want to see what he's talking about, try changing your monitor resolution to 1280x720 (for widescreen) or 800x600 (for square screen) for a minute. If you're on your phone open this page on a computer instead.
My current favorite software: MediaMonkey Gold!
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

gggirlgeek wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:What is the difference between the first and second image? They look the same to me.
Really?!? You must be using a small monitor...

LOL! Just viewed the pics on my Android's 4" screen. They look fantastic -- no difference between the two. If I zoom in, though, I can see some difference, but it's nothing compared to my 32" inch monitor. So view this thread on 15" monitor or larger.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

The first picture is anti-aliased, the second not. It seems to me, that it is some graphics driver problem, it turns off anti-aliasing in this case, but why, hard to say... We cannot reproduce it on our computers.
Do you have last graphics drivers?
Girt

Post by Girt »

I cannot see any difference in the 2 pics. I have gone back and forth trying to find it, without success.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

The difference is pretty obvious to me.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

OK, I'm gonna install the beta and test the video. I've been having some similar problems in other software so I want to see if I can reproduce the bug.

If anyone else has it installed can you please test it and post your monitor size with your results? Also post whether you could see the difference in the two pics above. This would be very informative.

See y'all in a few...
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

OK, tested. The video sucks for me no matter what I do actually. Moving the mouse, however, does not make it any worse. I tested various videos, all avi format, low quality and high. I am using the trial decoder pack from here. Even the highest 720p videos looked pixelated and choppy. In this case antialiasing wouldn't even help because it added flaws to videos that were flawless.

I also tested them in Windows Media Center with the default Windows decoders. They looked much much better!

I would test some FFdshow or other codec packs to help MM team out but the last time I messed with those it screwed up my beautiful Windows Media Center video quality horribly. I had to recover my entire Windows install from a backup to repair it. I ain't goin' there again! Sorry guys :-)

FWIW, I do have VLC and MPC-HC installed. But I believe their decoders are built-in and not able to be used externally??

My specs:
32" monitor
1280x720p & 1920x1080p
Nvidia GT 430 - default video settings
Default Mediamonkey settings
1.67ghz core 2 duo (could this be the problem?)
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

I clearly see the difference on your images (have 22" monitor)
Is it the same, if you play the video "1:1"? I mean not resized to the large full screen, but played in its native size. These artefacts are typical for poor-quality resize algorithm (done by your DS renderer and graphics drivers).
Yes, VLC and MPC-HC use their build-in decoders, but these are very similar and based on the same codecs as MM codec pack and ffdshow. I think, there really will be problem with resizing (VLC and MPC use their own renderer too). Will try to find out, if we can somehow easily affect this.
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

I think it's the decoders but I could be wrong. I've installed the DivX decoders now but can't figure out how to uninstall the MM decoders and make it use the external ones used by Windows.

Here are some images of my results

720p .mkv in Win7 Media Center (using Divx decoders)

720p .mkv in Media Monkey (with MM decoders)

Low quality .avi in Win7 Media Center

Low quality .avi in Media Monkey
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

You can remove MM decoders by uninstalling MM Codec Pack extension in Tools -> Extensions. You can install it later again.