Send To improvements

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Skyhawker

Send To improvements

Post by Skyhawker »

I'd like a way to send tracks as shortcuts to a folder. I like the current Send to functions, however this would be useful for things like copying a tracklist to my GTA SanAndreas UserTracks folder. It doesn't need the mp3s, just shortcuts to them, which saves a lot of space.

Thanks
-Skyhawker
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists are for that. I would advise you to create a playlist for GTA San Andreas and use send to/playlist to keep a list of songs you want.
Skyhawker

Post by Skyhawker »

yes but GTA wants the mp3s in it's special folder, OR shortcuts to the mp3s in it's special folder. a playlist file in there wont work. is it possible to write a script or something to do it?

-Skyhawker
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is now available here: [CORRECTED]
Last edited by trixmoto on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ooops! :oops:
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
zephyr

Re: Send To improvements

Post by zephyr »

Hi,

This is an old thread, but I thought I'd recycle it, as (I hope) it's ~90% of my shortcut creator requirement.

Is it possible to create shortcuts to the folder of a selected track, i.e. the "folder path" (directory)?

I'd like to make album shortcuts, with the right file structure this'd be a cool tool.

Hope that makes sense, cheers
Grateful noob