Global hotkeys for MM?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Why do you miss Toaster? It works with MM! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I already said that it does work with mediamonkey as I'm using it, plus my reason. :lol: That being that you can't use the hotkeys with it to trigger notifications or rate.
Macaca

MediaMonkey - Global Hotkeys

Post by Macaca »

Hi,

I uploaded the .dll for MediaMonkey - Global Hotkeys [gen_hotkey.dll] as mentioned by arg0 in the earlier post as the site is down...

Installation :
Copy the file into plugins directory in Media Monkey, and restart .. it shows up under "General Plugins"..
Download Link

PS : I have successfully configured hotkeys for Volume up/down, Next and Previous tracks, unable to bind the "Play/Stop" though, so I am settling for "pause" to Play/Stop currently.
Macaca

MediaMonkey - Global Hotkeys [gen_hotkey.dll]

Post by Macaca »

Alternate Download Link :

gen_hotkey.dll
felixsmile

The best for the moment

Post by felixsmile »

Hi everyone,

just a little suggestion for the moment (before the real integration into MM):

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=128154

Why? Because it supports the Windows-Key, because it's a real plugin (unlike the otherwise quite good http://www.skynergy.com/hotkeyz.html), and because it has not a bug http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=45433 has, i.e. this plugin always writes in a file when you terminate the program (Hotkeys.hdf), and when this doesn't work, you have to reconfigure your hotkeys (you can get around it making the file read-only, but then, the plugin shows an error message every time you close MM).

It's quite old, but for me it works, for the moment. (and by the way, no, I'm not the developer, I just tested quite a lot of them)

Have a nice day,

Felix.

Re: MediaMonkey - Global Hotkeys

Post by Guest »

Macaca wrote:Hi,

I uploaded the .dll for MediaMonkey - Global Hotkeys [gen_hotkey.dll] as mentioned by arg0 in the earlier post as the site is down...

Installation :
Copy the file into plugins directory in Media Monkey, and restart .. it shows up under "General Plugins"..
Download Link

PS : I have successfully configured hotkeys for Volume up/down, Next and Previous tracks, unable to bind the "Play/Stop" though, so I am settling for "pause" to Play/Stop currently.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Post by Guest »

Installation :
Download Link

HAHAAAAA THANK YOU !!!! The WORST problem about MM is solved ! Live long :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
achoi02

Post by achoi02 »

Installation :
Download Link

THANK U SO MUCH MM R THE PWN NOW
how come this plug in isn't built in??? =/

Re: MediaMonkey - Global Hotkeys [gen_hotkey.dll]

Post by Guest »

Macaca wrote:Alternate Download Link :

gen_hotkey.dll
Hi, I can`t get to this file from any of those 2 links you posted here ...
Could you please post it again somewhere else ?
Or anybody who reads this.

Thankyou
scorp
Stenemo

Re: Global hotkeys for MM?

Post by Stenemo »

Hm... has this problem still not been solved?
If only the links still worked... anyone who can post a new link to a working plugin to get MM to have global hotkeys?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Stenemo wrote:Hm... has this problem still not been solved?
If only the links still worked... anyone who can post a new link to a working plugin to get MM to have global hotkeys?
You can set global hotkeys for MM at Tools | Options | Hotkeys.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
stanman

Post by stanman »

ok guys download this
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/dimin-hotkeys/79310

but then instead of setting the directory to winamp and it the directory to this

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins

i have windows 7 but basicly same concept.

ok not to configure you keys open options in media monkey and click general hotkeys and sellect the hotkey plugin you downloaded. then set you keys then click Add then click save and close