blue glass in mm4

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ashenkin

blue glass in mm4

Post by ashenkin »

hi folks,

is blue glass supported in mm4? just installed mm4 (yay!!!), selected the blue glass skin, but there are strange color things happening in mm's title bar. Or, perhaps there are more up to date skins I should be using that support aero, etc?

thanks!

mm4
win 7 pro x64
nohitter151

Re: blue glass in mm4

Post by nohitter151 »

Blue glass was removed from the MM4 installer, so it's just a remnant from when you had MM3 installed.

MM3 skins are still supported in MM4 but since MM4 has new features like tabs that were not skinned in MM3, it will not be a consistent look.

The default skin is Vitreous in MM4, it has an aero border and player for Vista/Win 7 systems. There are also some other aero skins and MM4 skins at the addons site:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... nce/skins/

Check the version history/details for each addon, it should tell you which versions of MM it works with.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'm not having any trouble with the tabs in my mm 3 skins i try and use in mm 4.

i'm having trouble with the float player having two context menus one controlled by the player image.
and one that makes a white window title area around the floatplayer on the right that controlls the other context menu.

:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:i'm not having any trouble with the tabs in my mm 3 skins i try and use in mm 4.
Yes, but I didn't say there should be any troubles. Just that the tabs might not look right.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep but not look right is trouble, it's like having your hair fall in your face after you combed it. you have trouble with your hair cause it don't look right. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

I was trying out MM3 and fell in love with Blue Glass and updated to MM4 and now it doesn't look so good. I know it's not supported in MM4, but there seem to be plenty of people still interested in it. It wouldn't be too hard to modify it for MM4 would it?

This is what it currently looks like:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, I also miss a properly updated Blue Glass skin in MM4. And I would really appreciate if someone knowledgeable could be kind enough to update it! :)

Thanks
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

Isn't it silly that it's one of the things making me question updating to gold? XD
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i tried to modify that skin once and did get a button on it for someone. but that skin is hard to figure out as it does not use complete images for everything it uses parts of one image for everything so finding the right one and making the right changes on it is hard, oh it used small images and tiled everything too. just not very skinner friendly.

8)
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

Didn't Ventis Media make it? Can't they update it easily?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

DJ Nativus wrote:Didn't Ventis Media make it? Can't they update it easily?
CleverStarfish (who Ventis hired to design the website) designed the Blue Glass skin.

DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

Oh okay. I do love this site. I hope he comes back :<
teapot

Post by teapot »

I like the Blue Glass skin because it's simple and does just what I want without all the distracting "eye candy" ! Why isn't the Blue Glass skin being fixed as a bug in MM4 since it was a skin included in the installation package for previous versions of MM ? I, and I suspect a lot of other MM users, thought it was a component of MM. If it and any other components of previous versions didn't work correctly in MM4, then why weren't they removed as part of the MM4 installation/upgrade process ?
MM Gold:Lifetime version 4.1.25.1895
Windows 7
Denon AVR-X2600H
LG TV OLED65C9PUA
Wired LAN connections
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

So - this is an old thread! Yet, I find myself limping along with a kinda-cruddy looking blue glass skin still.

Have other blue glass lovers moved to a different skin? If so, which one have you found to be the best replacement?

thanks!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I use my own skins and a few others like trixmoto's and some older ones that are similar to blueglass, but i'm still using mm3 as main player yet not sure what they are using in mm4, i dont think any mm4 skins are close looking to blueglass