Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Re: Play History & Stats Node 4.0.1 (2010-02-07)

Post by Mizery_Made »

I'm thinking there was a script a few years ago that "intelligently" added the plays for you. Spanning them out between the "Last Sync" date and the "Last Play" from the iPod. I can't recall what it was called or what version it may have been for, I may be thinking of an old 2.x script. I may have a look around in a minute to see if I can find it... or come to the realization that I made it up in my head, Lol.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Bex has already included functionality like this to his script. I didn't think he had it set up to add the plays between x date (such as last sync) and x date (such as today). I honestly don't ever use the "Add Plays" portion of his script, instead I only use it to remove the "iPod plays" (personal preference). Though I think this is what I was vaguely recalling. It's old though, so Bex's is probably your best bet if you decide to have a go at adding the plays.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Mizery_Made wrote:I'm thinking there was a script a few years ago that "intelligently" added the plays for you. Spanning them out between the "Last Sync" date and the "Last Play" from the iPod. I can't recall what it was called or what version it may have been for, I may be thinking of an old 2.x script. I may have a look around in a minute to see if I can find it... or come to the realization that I made it up in my head, Lol.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Bex has already included functionality like this to his script. I didn't think he had it set up to add the plays between x date (such as last sync) and x date (such as today). I honestly don't ever use the "Add Plays" portion of his script, instead I only use it to remove the "iPod plays" (personal preference). Though I think this is what I was vaguely recalling. It's old though, so Bex's is probably your best bet if you decide to have a go at adding the plays.
Interesting because I hardly ever use the remove plays functionality, I use the Add Plays, Timestamp X on a daily basis, but as to Christoph's script, I think that one would be better if you have a lot of tracks that you want to catch up on, Bex's is better for doing individual tracks. As far as I know it doesn't allow you to use the Last Sync info except on individual tracks. It's too bad because this would be perfect for my backup player which I only sync once every few weeks and there are usually alot of plays to catch up on.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
tonydowden

Post by tonydowden »

Hi,

I would just like to say that I had a problem with the play history because I play an awful lot on my iPod (120gb) and wanted these tracks to show in the statistics.

I found that using the previously mentioned script was ideal and no trouble at all. I always make sure that I have synched my iPod last thing each day. Then when I get home the following day I synch it back to MM. Once I have done this I just right click on any track, click on Add/RemovePlayStat, then select AddLastPlayedDate as HistoryPlay. The script then quickly pulls up all of the tracks that I have played on my iPod that day and I just select the option to update them all.

Once this is done (literally 30secs to a minute) all the tracks that I have played on the iPod that day are there in the statistics. it really couldn't be much easier. Obviously there will be a problem if you play the same track more than once because all that gets synched to MM is the last played date and time. So for these tracks you would need to add a history entry if you really wanted to.

Can I also say a big thankyou to Bex for this script which I find truly awesome and just wished I had discovered it months ago when I started using Media Monkey. Also the script used to update the history and playdate (I cannot remember the exact name or the author) is very good and an excellent tool that is very very useful.

Have a great day guys,

Tony
tonydowden

Post by tonydowden »

Hi Bex,

Me again! Just found that the script I had referred to in the previous post is called Add/Remove Play State and is also by Beck.

Now I am getting a little worried!!!! MM are working hard on version 4 which they indicate has a major change in the dbase!

Are you going to be in a position to update your script to run on that version? I really hope so because I shall not be able to update otherwise as I couldn't make do without the functions that your scripts provide me with now that I have started using them.

Regards,

Tony
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, tonydowden !

Don't worry, both scripts will be updated to MM4 when it is a bit more stable.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
x1x2x3

Play history issue, really weird

Post by x1x2x3 »

Ive been using MM since 2008 but my play history shows that there are 3 songs played in the year 2000. Check the picture.
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh28 ... a/MM-1.png
So from 2000 until 2008 theres empty week nodes as you can see in the pic. How can I fix this?
Lowlander

Re: Play history issue, really weird

Post by Lowlander »

These nodes were created by a script?
x1x2x3

Re: Play history issue, really weird

Post by x1x2x3 »

This is the Play history and stats script, its supposed to tell you what youve listened to each week but since I didnt have MM the year 2000 its weird that Its put those 3 songs.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Have you ever used any of the scripts that add fake played dates??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

It's also possible that when you played these tracks, your computer was set with wrong date/time.
It happens on BIOS reset or error.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Bex

Post by Bex »

I don't know why you have these plays but to delete or change them you can try my Add/Remove PlayStat script:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31809
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
lucass

Post by lucass »

Could someone please make minor changes to the script regarding changes to time implementation http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... me#p304380
tonydowden

Post by tonydowden »

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Yes I do use the script by Bex each time I sync my ipod. I use it to Add last played date to the history tag so that I have a full record of my plays.

There is no way I can go back and manually update over 2,000 tracks so I am reverting back to Itunes. It may not do many of the fancy things that MM does but at least what it does do it seems to do correctly. I have already lost all my play data on two occasions in the past couple of years with MM problems so I might just as well make do without.

I am finding that too much of my time ends up being consumed by software which i have purchased that is full of bugs and idiosyncrasies, often the bugs never get ironed out even when later versions of the programs are pushed out. When I first worked on computers (in the days of steam), a programmer would have to sort out and fix all of the bugs that had surfaced before anybody would even think about upgrading and adding extra code to the programs, unfortunately we have lost this art recently. I have problems not only with Media Monkey but also with another music media manager program that I used for a couple of years and also a photo management program.

I wish everybody at MM (specially the kind and helpful people who populate the forums) all the best for the future.

Kind regards,

Tony
saukerl

Post by saukerl »

Hi Bex!

I'm a huge fan of your script. However, after updating to MM4, I experienced some major problems while using it.

The play counts for most of the previous weeks are different now after updating. So for example, the script recorded a play count of 105 for the week before updating and now in MM4 it suddenly says that the play count was 95. This is true for most of the weeks in 2011, as far as I can tell.

In addition, the columns in your script's nodes don't match my usual setting any more, which is kind of unsatisfying.

I hope you're planning on updating your script because it is a truly brilliant piece of work I would not wanna miss!

Regards, Max

Edit 02/21:

I think I have discovered the main problem:

It seems as if your script and my library are in two different timezones :D

For example, when playing a song, MM says "Last Played: Today, 08:14" but when checking the same song in the "Browse History" node, it says it was last played at 07:14. I checked some more songs and it's always the same.

As far as I can tell this pretty much explains the differences in play counts after updating to MM4 :)

Hope this helps :)
daniel

Post by daniel »

Thank you for your post. Now I can update to MM4.