MM4 doesn't show art browser with details.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jpoli6

MM4 doesn't show art browser with details.

Post by jpoli6 »

MM4 doesn't show me album browser with details.
how i do fix it?
Lowlander

Re: MM4 doesn't show art browser with details.

Post by Lowlander »

In what node are you when you try to enable it?
jpoli6

Post by jpoli6 »

music
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And you're saying that the entry is disabled in the View menu or that when enabled it fails to show?
jpoli6

Post by jpoli6 »

that when i try to enable it fails to show
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case you should send a debug log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
jpoli6

Post by jpoli6 »

ok.
thank you
Sam Lowry

Post by Sam Lowry »

I'm having this problems also. I can't even select the Art Browser.
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

I can't select it when I'm in "Show Art" or "Show Art With Details" modes, but if I select "Show Details", then it lets me select "Show Art Browser With Details".
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

das Monkey wrote:I can't select it when I'm in "Show Art" or "Show Art With Details" modes, but if I select "Show Details", then it lets me select "Show Art Browser With Details".
Yes, this is true. This bug has already been reported, will be fixed in the next version. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8612
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Batalanto!

Post by Batalanto! »

nohitter151 wrote:
das Monkey wrote:I can't select it when I'm in "Show Art" or "Show Art With Details" modes, but if I select "Show Details", then it lets me select "Show Art Browser With Details".
Yes, this is true. This bug has already been reported, will be fixed in the next version. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8612
Dear Nohitter,

Two other things related:

1) The way it's currently programmed, when pulling up thumbnails for the "show art browser" mode, the default is to display the smallest file-size thumbnails which show up as grainy. And that's even when I have thumbnails at a much clearer resolution associated with the track; either as another tag saved to it or in the file itself.

3)On MM3, we used to have the ability to show a single album cover and place it on the left, bottom most side of the screen beneath the tree. This is something also worth bringing back. Don't know why its current placement has been locked down.

Thanks,

-NR
rose-m

Post by rose-m »

Maybe related: in the last 100 it does not remember the settings, everytime it goes back to all details.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) No, it uses the first image found in the Properties Artwork tab. If you have modified the Art on track and see old images, try clearing the image cache in the MediaMonkey Temp folder.

2) The Art & Details window still shows the cover art for the selected or Now Playing file and can be moved if you enable the Titlebar (same as in MM3) from the context menu.
Batalanto!

Post by Batalanto! »

Lowlander wrote:1) No, it uses the first image found in the Properties Artwork tab. If you have modified the Art on track and see old images, try clearing the image cache in the MediaMonkey Temp folder.

2) The Art & Details window still shows the cover art for the selected or Now Playing file and can be moved if you enable the Titlebar (same as in MM3) from the context menu.
Hi Lowlander,

Thanks for your reply,

For whatever reason, the way album covers are displayed is at no where near the same resolution as the first files themselves. In fact, they show up clearer if I just using the single/static cover view on the side of the screen. I have also seen the same images displayed on the itunes album cover browser and the images are considerably sharper.

On your second point, I will give that a whirl. Thanks for the direction.

Peace,

- NR
TAR2

Post by TAR2 »

Even if I start from Details view, if I click on "show art browser with details", all that happens is the details pane gets moved down about an inch and a half. Then there is a blank pane in the space above the details with a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of it. There is nothing displayed in this pane. It is just blank.