Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Rojer

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.7.4 (2010-08-21)

Post by Rojer »

Well, I'm just posting to share my positive experience with this script.

I have used MusicIp for years, managing duplicates. I loved how accurate it has been but it was a somewhat tedious process. I ruined some nice playlists in the process and I finally got into the habit of leaving depes for this only reason. Database is in the 100k.

With this script, I used a custom search with "MusicIp=same". Delete suggestion based on bitrate (lots of FLAC going on). Copy playlists while deleting in a single move et voilà : DB is 3000 entries lighter and my playslists are there, not counting play stats :).

Reading MusicIp analysis was a smart move indeed : i had no clue this could be done.

I don't know what performance users usually get but my system with both mm.db and temp files in RAM returned 3000+ dupes in seconds. Deletion from the raid took just several seconds as well.

Bottom line, I find this script flawless and smart. I couldn't dream of anything better.

In one word, "thank you"!
Roger.
Metazargo

Post by Metazargo »

Thanks to this tool I was able to merge properly large collections. Powerful!

I wouldn't upgrade to MM 4.x unless this plug-in is working with that release.

Please precise, thanks.

PS: I'm not in testing mood ;-)
Music is the Answer

Manage it with MediaMonkey
LIsten to it on Squeezebox Touch, -Radio, -Controller, -Receiver, Squeezelite-X, iPeng on iPhone
Serve it by Squeezebox Server aka LMS running on QNAP
Store it to NAS Raid 1 with backup to OneDrive
elliottdp

Post by elliottdp »

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but...

I have been unable to find a post answering a question.

Using MM3, I have run this script with find duplicate titles and artists +/- 5 seconds for track length and +/- 3 for bit rate.
WOW! have a lot. I have been going through each title manually, but when I click on a title(sometimes) it gets greyed out. I understand this to mean that the physical file is no longer the same filename or has been moved. In my case, after checking, it is simply that the filename has been changed and no longer is reflected in the properties.
There are thousands of these "duplicates". Recently I have cleared the library, which introduced a new slew of challenges(Many tags were not saved ,grrr...) Shouldn't this have eliminated all of the missing duplicates from the library?
While I use MM3 exclusively because the abilities that I know how to use are superior, I am by no means a "power user" of MM3 because I have found that many of the functions do not have simplistic explanations and how to instructions are not readily provided/found. And I do mean "SIMPLE". I am no rocket scientist. :)

Is there a faster or more efficient way of doing what I am trying to do? Dealing with +1tb of files...

Many Times there are multiple versions of the same song that I do wish to keep, so choosing the variable "keep longest length" in the Keep/Delete suggestion node would delete multiple versions.

Thanks advance.
elliottdp

Post by elliottdp »

This may be a stupid question, but...

How does one anaylze the unanalyzed tracks? I easily found analyze volume, but I'm pretty sure this is not what is being referred to.

I am having trouble finding the analyze function despite using F1 help.

I'm sure I'm missing the elephant in the room.

Edit: Okay. i figured out I need to rescan those folders with the unanalyzed tracks.

But now I have a new question.

I have 3600+ tracks in 1373 folders. Is there a way to automatically scan all of just the unanalyzed tracks/folders in one step or do I need to manually check off/select each folder to re-scan? (which would take quite a long time!)

Any insights?

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Either enable the automatic analyzing of unanalyzed tracks (Tools > Options > Volume Leveling) or just list the parent folders All node and sort on Track Level (or Album Level) and select all tracks. If you have the option to only analyze volume of tracks with unknown leveling enabled you can just select all files in the Library and use Tools > Analyze Volume.
cnbehler

Post by cnbehler »

I copied my music collection (10,000) files from my F: drive to my C: drive. After a scan, I now have 20,000 files in my MM library. Now I want to use Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix to copy the play stats and play list data from the F: files to the C: files and then to delete the F: files from my MM library. Under the "Advanced Dup Find and Fix" tree, "Folder with Same Content" and "Tracks with Same Content" only have a small fraction of the dups. Under the "UnAnalyzed Tracks" tree, all of the F: drive files are listed. How do I proceed please?
cnbehler

Post by cnbehler »

My problem of MM not finding the music files that have been moved from one drive to another drive when the path is different is solved; however, I didn't use the Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix utility.

I changed the name of the music folder on the F: drive so that MM wouldn't find any of my songs. When I restarted MM, I pulled up a window with my entire library. I chose the first item which MM coudln't find and told it to ignore this song. MM then proceeded to go through the entire library, trying to find a song it can play. In this way, all songs were greyed out. Select all of them and then use the "Locate Missing Files" option in MM gold to point to the library at the new path on the new drive. All my mp3's were found.
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

Apologies if this has been asked previously..........is ADFF compatible with MM 4.0? And if not any ideas on when that might happen? Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HANUKKAH to everyone!
kushty

Post by kushty »

It works with my mm4.0.

This is a great script so thank you for developing it. How can I filter searches by folder? I only want them to apply to certain folders on any given search.
marwin0815

Post by marwin0815 »

It does not work with MM4 (when I start it as "user" - it only works as "Aministrator") BS: VISTA64 German MM-Language English
I got an Error Message like this:

Error#9
Index out of Range: '[number: 4]'
Line: 483, Column:4

Any Ideas?
Markus :}
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

marwin0815 wrote:It does not work with MM4 (when I start it as "user" - it only works as "Aministrator") BS: VISTA64 German MM-Language English

Error#9

Any Ideas?
I'm getting the same error. Running Win7 and the American version of MM. I deleted the data from the MediaMonkey.ini file as previously suggested to stop the error (after making a copy of the file) but this doesn't really fix the problem. Now I don't get the error but ADF&F is not usable either.
dcowperthwaite@verizon.net

Post by dcowperthwaite@verizon.net »

Installed on MM4. I am re-ripping CDs as FLAC and using the plugin to copy tags from existing MP3s. Working great for that, but there is a small problem. Since installing, I cannot "Remove" tracks using either the program menu or the context menu (right-click). The option is greyed out. I suspect that the menu positions have moved in MM4 and the plugin is inadvertantly disabling the wrong menu. I can remove whole albums, but not tracks.
DasKraut

Post by DasKraut »

DasKraut wrote:
marwin0815 wrote:It does not work with MM4 (when I start it as "user" - it only works as "Aministrator") BS: VISTA64 German MM-Language English

Error#9

Any Ideas?
I'm getting the same error. Running Win7 and the American version of MM. I deleted the data from the MediaMonkey.ini file as previously suggested to stop the error (after making a copy of the file) but this doesn't really fix the problem. Now I don't get the error but ADF&F is not usable either.

I downloaded and reinstalled the script and the error went away and I now have the script again :-). I know I've said it before but thank you, Bex, for all your hard work. I love this script!
marwin0815

Post by marwin0815 »

DasKraut wrote:
DasKraut wrote:

Error#9

Any Ideas?

I downloaded and reinstalled the script and the error went away and I now have the script again :-). I know I've said it before but thank you, Bex, for all your hard work. I love this script!
This won't work for me :-(
When I try to install, I get the same Error Message ... (with admin Rights too %) )
If there is no solution, I have to switch back to MM3 :-( because I really need this fantastic Script
Markus :}
beanman

Post by beanman »

Thank you - oh thank you for this script!!!

You have saved my sanity. First really smart dupe removed tool I've seen on any platform!

RESPECT