Thanks, I took your advice and my problem has been resolved. For anyone with this problem:
steveg_nh wrote: markstuartwalker wrote:
liltimmy wrote:Sorry to add to the never-ending problems but:
Currently when I sync with mediamonkey and then subsequently with iTunes with my Iphone 4 - iOS 5.0, iTunes 10.5.1 - the playlists are fully functional in itunes and all tracks present. However when I access the playlists on my iphone they are incomplete with only 1/10 or so of the songs present in comparison to the same playlist present in MM/iTunes.
Any suggestions on how to fix the incomplete playlist transferal?
This is outside the scope of this thread. iTunes to iDevice sync is definitely Apple's responsibility.
Having said that .... do you use wireless sync? If so, go to the Songs tab and see what is listed. If you have greyed out songs then that's your problem. I suffered from this and it's because the wireless sync failed (badly) and has got into a knot. I recoved by going into the Usage section and deleting the songs from within the iPhone.
I had this issue as well. At the same time, I found that I had an older dll in the ProgramFiles/MM/Plugins folder present. I deleted it, and then upgraded t the newest version of the plugin. I deleted all playlists and music from iTunes. I then sync'd and made sure my phone had no music. You can manually delete all songs in General Settings>Usage by the way. Then, I deleted all cache files from MMCache (some were hanging out for some reason).
At this point, I was clean again. I installed the latest version at the time (just prior to 2154) and resyn'd everything, and everything was ok.
I also noticed since running a MM Gold license, and running 2154 that my playlists are syncing 100% compared to MM. No differences at all, and I'm even converting some WMAs on the fly to MP3s via MM.
By the way Mark, to my above point, since running 2154, everything is just perfect!