[MM2+3] Change Drive-ID after moving Files to a new Drive

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: [MM2+3] Change Drive-ID after moving Files to a new Driv

Post by nohitter151 »

Well, I really have no idea. It doesn't make sense that one script would reject due to the scripting host being missing but other scripts work fine.

At any rate, there is another method to change the Drive ID without an MM script, the instructions are at the FAQ at # 3 d:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 94&nav=0,5
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

OK, thanks...That worked (Locate Moved/Missing Files). I appreciate the help.
Champkat

Post by Champkat »

Well I was hoping to resolve this so I could switch between drives. I will give the other method a shot.

Thanks
reggie_mal

Post by reggie_mal »

Moving Music from network drive to laptop hdd

Hi guys,

I am trying to move from \\LS-XHLDEB\music to D:\music. The script doesn't show me any options in "from"

Any ideas?

Ta
moiss

Post by moiss »

The Scrip.ini is working, some scipts are running correct. But the [HDDSerial] results in an error:
"Error happened during script initialization: A script engine for the specified language can not be created."
and the vbs MM_HDDSerial.vbs would't start from this script.
From a modified [Case]-Script the MM_HDDSerial.vbs starts without error an runs so to the end.
(eventhough, after this procedure, MM did't recognice the new drive!).

Another question is, why did't run the orignal [HDDSerial]? I can't found any diffence in syntax.
Also a question is, why does't MM show all scripts from scrip.ini in the option-script-menue?

I think this drive-procedure is not ready for broad use and costs a lot of time.
moiss

Post by moiss »

thx for this tip.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=116

but windows makes no problem. scripts are running in xp, but some scripts don't run in MM. several postings in this forum are showing this, and until now it's not clear why.
moiss

Post by moiss »

thx, very much for this tip, that IE9 makes sometime troubles.
I have installed IE 8.0.6001 and never installed IE 9... because I use Chrome.
I think the fault is in MM 4.x and only developers could solve it.
cnbehler

Post by cnbehler »

I, too, had problems running the SCRIPT.INI and I got the initialization error:
Error happened during script initialization: A script engine for the specified language can not be created.

If you copy the code from the code box, you MUST remove the trailing spaces at the end of each line. It will then work fine! (Thanks to Kumo for figuring this out!)

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 2&start=15
moiss

Post by moiss »

thx cnbehler!, this was the solution for the language-problem.

next failure: when script is running in the window "Move MediaMonkeys Device Content"
on the left "from..." it seem a little bit irrational, because there are four lines of not used directorys.
the right column "to" is correct.

I think mediamonkey is very nice, if used without changes and without iphone. but if you want simple actions as change hdd etc, you need a lot of time... MM it's very good as sourceforgesoftware but not as a comercial product.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

This script should be an MM built-in function! You rock onkel_enno! Thank you!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

reggie_mal wrote:Moving Music from network drive to laptop hdd

Hi guys,

I am trying to move from \\LS-XHLDEB\music to D:\music. The script doesn't show me any options in "from"

Any ideas?

Ta
There is the new Update Location of Files in Database add-on which allows updating of network paths to the ones with the drive letter, e.g. from \\LS-XHLDEB\music to D:\music. It could update the drive-id with the serial number as well, but you could also update just selected base folders to the another ones, e.g. you could update c:\Documents & Settings\User\Music\ to d:\Music\. And it has its own installer, so no more problem with adding lines to the .ini file, OS problems, ...
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
birthsuit

Post by birthsuit »

If it wasn't for my 'slap forehead' thought, this would have gone smooth for me. lol

I followed the instructions from here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer and for some reason Move Device Content wasn't showing up in Tools -> Scripts..So I spent all this time reading everyone's post trying to find a solution, then something made me remember that when I updated MediaMonkey to version 4, I didn't overwrite the original MediaMonkey folder. So in /Program Files folder, I have a Media Monkey folder, and under that folder, I have a MediaMonkey 4.0 folder. So instead of putting the MM_HDDSerial.vbs file and edited the Scripts.ini file under /MediaMonkey 4.0/Scripts, I was putting it in the old /MediaMonkey/Scripts folder. :lol:

When I then put the files under the right version folder, I saw "Move Device Content." But when I clicked it, I then got this error:
Error happened during script initialization: A script engine for the specified language can not be created.

I searched for that error in the post, and saw someone wrote "If you copy the code from the code box, you MUST remove the trailing spaces at the end of each line."

But they didn't mention which file the spaces needed to be removed from, but I checked Scripts.ini first and noticed the code I pasted from the code box in the beginning of this forum does have a space at the end of each line. And I know like .01% about scripts, and that's 'install it and they make something run' lol...I removed the spaces, saved it, restarted MM, Chose "Move device content", (didn't get the error anymore) choose the drive and it worked!

Staples button: "That was easy!"
~Diana
jb004

Post by jb004 »

I may be missing something but this thread allows me to add a menu item for the script but no actual script exists in the scripts folder and I get an error message to that effect. Am I missing something?