Lyrics Fetcher

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Louis_XL

Re: Lyrics Fetcher

Post by Louis_XL »

Great plugin Augusto, muchas gracias.
Just the linebreak issue as mentioned before.
Louis_XL

Post by Louis_XL »

Just checked, when I play a mp3 tagged with Lyrics Fetcher in Songbird, lyrics are displayed properly, no linebreak issue there.
tinana

Post by tinana »

This script is great, thank-you for your hard work...I love terra letras, too! Muito obrigadoooooo! ;^)
MM Gold/Lifetime member
Yahallm

Post by Yahallm »

It opens with mediamonkey but does not close with it :\
and it does no search lyrics :\
Can you help me?
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

wich version of windows do you use?
Does it show some error?
And was your media monkey installed as portable?
Take a look at the log and see if it is searching for the song.
It writes "Searching for {artist} - {song} in {source}" of an error if it happens.
You have to see if there's something on the lyric of the song. If there's even a space in it, it will consider that you have a lyric in the song and it wont search.

Post by Guest »

Windows 7
No error msg
MM is installed
It is not searching for the song
No lyrics in file "There's no lyrics in id3v2 tag".
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

Hi, can you send me the song to see if it happens with me? And are you using MM4 right?

I've added a new version with new features. In context menu in the tray you can edit the lyrics and you can now edit what text will be shown when a song is instrumental.

About the line breaks issue. I think its because the LV renders the lyrics as an HTML and it does not replace the \r\n or \n to <br/> to show. I've changed the script to make it work but I'm not the author of the plugin so I can't fix it for you. If you want to try, open {MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\LyricsViewer.vbs in a text editor and search for LyrTxt=HtmlMarkup(Sng.Lyrics) and replace it for LyrTxt=Sng.Lyrics. Now search for Doc.Add " <p>" & LyrTxt & "</p>" and replace it for Doc.Add " <p><pre>" & LyrTxt & "</pre></p>". I'll talk to the author and see if he can update it...

Post by Guest »

No, I'm using MM3.
it happens with all songs.
:\
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

Hi, I can't test it on MM3 because the documentation on the website is only for MM4... And I don't know what can be done to fix it... can you upgrade to MM4? It is way better than MM3 xD

Post by Guest »

This won't install. I always get an errors saying it couldn't copy lyricsfetcher.exe to c:\Program Files (x86)\Media Monkey\

Anyway, I extrated the contents with winrar. It still wouln't work. I started moving files around and for some strange reason it started working. I don't know what I did but it's working now so I won't touch it.

I'm using MM4 and Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Michel37

Post by Michel37 »

Guest wrote:This won't install. I always get an errors saying it couldn't copy lyricsfetcher.exe to c:\Program Files (x86)\Media Monkey\

Anyway, I extrated the contents with winrar. It still wouln't work. I started moving files around and for some strange reason it started working. I don't know what I did but it's working now so I won't touch it.

I'm using MM4 and Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
You have to run MM as administrator.

Post by guest »

Searches for lyrics but fails to find any?
Could you help?
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

guest wrote:Searches for lyrics but fails to find any?
Could you help?
You can test here in this link http://letras.terra.com.br/winamp.php?m ... ista=AC/DC
Replace the name of the song and the artist for the ones EXACTLY like in the id3 tag of the song you're about to search. There's 3 possible results: one with the lyrics of the song, other with not found and a third that not found too, but they suggest a song for you (in this case i ignore the suggestion because it can be wrong). If you want to accept the suggestion you can change the XPath in the preferences to grab the lyrics from that result too. The program thinks that its not found when the XPath does not match.
bugbeast

Post by bugbeast »

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that LF should automatically run each time MM is launched. This isn't happening for me. If I double click on C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\LyricsFetcher.exe then it works perfectly. It does close when I close MM. I'm running Win7-64 with MM 4.02.

BTW, the find/replace tip to address the line break issue in LV works great. Thanks.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

This post from the first page seems to indicate that it doesn't start when MM is started:
just double click on LyricsFetcher.exe
It will start MediaMonkey automatically if it isn't started.
Stop Button Freak