Anybody else hate the new UI?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: Anybody else hate the new UI?

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'm still stuck at not able to get my error on the mini player fixed but i do like the fact they now put the balance slider on the main program even though it is on the EQ panel. i still will keep it in my player skin as i'm use to it there, but another location option is always good.

i don't get the distaste of the new ui everyone seems to be or most everyone seems to say there is a lot of change.
it allows the use of all the old skins. so simple go in to the skins folder of mm 3 and copy the files there.
so you can put the old msz files in the new folder to use if you want those skins.
or download other user made skins.

the narrow player is made by the skinner just like always its not wanted to be narrow then get a bigger player skin.

only thing going on with just moving mm 3 to mm 4 skins is there are now in mm 4 more no album art images needed
and a new player for the video files is there if the skinner wants to make one. mm 4 looks like mm 3 with those skins.
there are more options to customize the tool bars with in mm 4

but keep in mind the gui is the skin.
the options are the program.
not liking the gui tells everyone you don't like the skin of the program, so you get told to switch to another one.
but not liking the options makes you get response's of what part of the program do you not like.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Mbane

Post by Mbane »

After criticising MM4 yesterday, I spent last night customizing it and I can say it now looks just as MM3 but with more features. Too bad it didn't look as good out of the box but I'm liking it now.
quickskier47

Post by quickskier47 »

I think I'm specifically surprised by the fact that the volume control was moved way over to the left, but the mute button is still on the right (at least in the classic Glided theme). Why separate them like that? That's my favorite theme, and now the everything has been shifted around. In addition, I don't like the fact that I can't close certain windows, like the Album/Info panels underneath Now Playing on the right-hand side. Eh...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

View > Art & Details. Most panels can be closed from the View menu.

As to placement of things on the Player it is up to the skinner. If you don't like the choice the skinner made, change skins or create your own skin. Vitreous has mute and volume control next to each other.
Viscera

Post by Viscera »

Apologies for the bump, but this seems like the appropriate topic.

I also have minor complaints about the MM4 Glided skin. Everything is fine except for the player. In MM3, there were specific sections for song title, album, and artist. I really liked this, and in the new player, we're stuck with simply "Artist - Song". I'd like to see a bit more information in the player.

Opening Glided.msz and then player.ini, I looked for the appropriate settings to change, but came up short.

Under the [SongTitle] section, I found "TextMask=File: %E / %Bkbps PL: %PC of %PT", and this appears to govern the file type, bitrate, etc. in Pman's screenshot a few posts above.

I also found [TimeDisplay] which does as you'd expect.

Couldn't find anything that controlled the bolded orange text that I want to change. Ideally, I'd like the same setup as MM3 Glided, but I'll settle for something like "Artist - Song (Year) from Album". Any ideas on how to change this?

The [Summary] section seems to be the way to go and it is of type Text, but I don't see any options for changing the text. Any ideas? Thanks!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Viscera wrote:Apologies for the bump, but this seems like the appropriate topic.

I also have minor complaints about the MM4 Glided skin. Everything is fine except for the player. In MM3, there were specific sections for song title, album, and artist. I really liked this, and in the new player, we're stuck with simply "Artist - Song". I'd like to see a bit more information in the player.

Opening Glided.msz and then player.ini, I looked for the appropriate settings to change, but came up short.

Under the [SongTitle] section, I found "TextMask=File: %E / %Bkbps PL: %PC of %PT", and this appears to govern the file type, bitrate, etc. in Pman's screenshot a few posts above.

I also found [TimeDisplay] which does as you'd expect.

Couldn't find anything that controlled the bolded orange text that I want to change. Ideally, I'd like the same setup as MM3 Glided, but I'll settle for something like "Artist - Song (Year) from Album". Any ideas on how to change this?

The [Summary] section seems to be the way to go and it is of type Text, but I don't see any options for changing the text. Any ideas? Thanks!
You know, you don't have to edit the skin to do this. You can change what is shown in the player right in the MM options. I believe it's at Options > Playback rules
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

nohitter151 wrote:You know, you don't have to edit the skin to do this. You can change what is shown in the player right in the MM options. I believe it's at Options > Playback rules
I can't believe I missed that the first time around. And here I thought I had scoured the options beforehand!

And the example is Windir, no less. These MM folks have some good taste!

Many thanks!