Is this a bug?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

chrismix

Is this a bug?

Post by chrismix »

In MM3 when listening to MediaMonkey with AutoDJ and a song plays that I no longer want I hit delete and delete it from the computer. MediaMonkey then plays the next song in Now Playing.

In MM4 playback just stops dead if you delete the song that's currently playing.

Why doesn't it simply play the next song like MM3 does?
Lowlander

Re: Is this a bug?

Post by Lowlander »

It no longer does, it now stops playback as explained in other topics on this to prevent the message from popping up on each deleted file.
chrismix

Post by chrismix »

But MM3 allowed you to turn the message off. You can delete the playing file in MM3 and it will play the next file. You can delete the playing file in MM4 but it doesn't play the next file. I don't understand why? I'm sorry I haven't seen the other topics, can you point one out please?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

chrismix wrote:But MM3 allowed you to turn the message off
No, actually it did not allow that.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
chrismix

Post by chrismix »

Sorry, you're right - though you could tick the 'do not ask me again' or change a setting in options it always asked. I preferred it to ask as sometimes I wanted to remove upcoming songs from Now Playing just because I didn't want to hear them, sometimes I wanted them to delete.

Have read another thread on this now and I want to add my voice to the calls to bring it back (even as a manual .ini file option). It's driving me crazy, :oops: I've been in the habit of doing this for a couple of years
devaj

Post by devaj »

As a work-around, you could make it so that when you remove a file from the playlist, it removes the file from the playlist and the library, and manually delete the file from the PC.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

chrismix wrote:Sorry, you're right - though you could tick the 'do not ask me again' or change a setting in options it always asked.
Again, this is incorrect. You were always warned when deleting a currently playing track, and the warning could not be disabled regardless of any setting.

The feature was changed in beta testing of MM4 because if you delete the currently playing and subsequent tracks (eg the currently playing and next 10 tracks in the Now playing list), then you got the confirmation to delete the currently playing track 11 times, once for each track to be deleted, and there were complaints about that.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
chrismix

Post by chrismix »

You misread what I said. In my last post I never said you could disable the warning. I just said there was a setting for it which had no effect.