Script: Radio-DJ [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

A_Disciple

Re: Script: Radio-DJ [MM3]

Post by A_Disciple »

I am a huge fan of this script - thanks! I had to reinstall windows and I am now running windows 7 64bit. When I try to install using the installation package I get an error which says "product installation error". I would appreciate help in getting the script working again - thanks again.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
ddude

Post by ddude »

This seems to be just the type of script I have searched for, but I have some difficulties with settings:

I´ve been trying to put everything on those weightings and "favor factor" & "skip most recently played", still I end up with situation that auto-dj chooses same 5 star rated song to be played ten times in a row...?

Also I keep getting message that when "favor factor" & "skip most recently played" is choosed, the autoplaylist must be "sorted", so how do I sort it?

Help is greatly appreciated.
Sorry dumb questions, I am a newbbie...
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

1. Make sure to create a playlist you want Radio DJ to use. Remember, part of the instructions say to Sort by "Last Played" and "Z-A". The are found in the Advanced tab of your playlist criteria. You must use Auto Playlist (as far as I know), not just a plain Playlist.

2. In Options>Player>AutoDJ> Make sure you have "Radio DJ as Auto DJ Plug in" selected.

3. In Options>RadioDJ Options> Make sure you have selected the playlist you want Radio DJ to use.

4. Under Play make sure you select Auto DJ.

You should be good to go. One other thought; most people don't have that many 5 star rated songs so if you have the weighting too high, it will select them a lot. Have a look at how many 5 star songs you have and at this weighting.

Good luck. I really like this script.
ddude

Post by ddude »

Thank You! :D
anonym...

Post by anonym... »

This does not work in MM4...
error message : Error occured in GenerateNewTrack; Playlist 'RadioDJ_Input' is empty or does not exist
popper

Post by popper »

anonym... wrote:This does not work in MM4...
error message : Error occured in GenerateNewTrack; Playlist 'RadioDJ_Input' is empty or does not exist
For me it's working in MM4 without modifications. Of course, you need to make sure that you have that playlist called "RadioDJ_Input".
lemo

Post by lemo »

I just upgraded to MM4 today (lifetime licence) but the single most important feature of MM for me is this plugin and it has stopped working. The Auto DJ plugin throws the following error:

"Error #13 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Type mismatch: 'MainExec'
File "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\auto\RadioDJ.vbs", Line: 1, Column: 0"

Actually the plugins controls etc. work OK. It's just the "RadioDJ as AutoDJ plugin" part that doesn't work.

I am a programmer but not Win/VB etc. so if someone could even get me started in the right direction, I might be able to work it through.

Finally, the link to the plugin's installer doesn't work any more.

Thanks.
popper

Post by popper »

In your error message it says "Line: 1, Column: 0". That means it has not come very far in working through the code. Not very far at all ;-)
Perhaps the file is even empty? (Did you install it with admin rights?) Did you have a look at that file?

I am not a VB programmer either, but that would be my first guess.

popper.
lemo

Post by lemo »

popper wrote:In your error message it says "Line: 1, Column: 0". That means it has not come very far in working through the code. Not very far at all ;-)
Perhaps the file is even empty? (Did you install it with admin rights?) Did you have a look at that file?

I am not a VB programmer either, but that would be my first guess.

popper.
Thanks, popper. I suspect that Line: 1 etc. is misleading. I've been reading through the code and trying to figure out how Auto-DJ scripts work. The weird thing is that other parts of the script work fine, e.g. it creates the "Radio-DJ V1.2.0" node in the browser/explorer pane. It also creates the options panel. What's missing is the option in the dropdown in Auto-DJ that allows me to use RadioDJ as a plugin.

Since this has worked for years and just stopped on my first MM3 -> MM4 upgrade, it looks like something changed in the API. On the other hand, there are people here saying they have it working fine in MM4.

Anyone got it working as an Auto-DJ plugin in MM4 and want to help me by comparing setups? (Actually, I just noticed you're one of them!)
popper

Re: Script: Radio-DJ [MM4?]

Post by popper »

lemo wrote:
Thanks, popper. I suspect that Line: 1 etc. is misleading. I've been reading through the code and trying to figure out how Auto-DJ scripts work. The weird thing is that other parts of the script work fine, e.g. it creates the "Radio-DJ V1.2.0" node in the browser/explorer pane. It also creates the options panel. What's missing is the option in the dropdown in Auto-DJ that allows me to use RadioDJ as a plugin.
Okay, I see. My solution would have been too easy anyway :oops:

Which version of MM4 are you using, Gold or Free? I think the possibility to create scripts for AutoDJ might be a feature that is reserved for the Gold version.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I set up Radio-DJ in MM4 yesterday. No problems, it works the same way it did in MM3 with the same settings.
lemo

Post by lemo »

popper wrote: Which version of MM4 are you using, Gold or Free? I think the possibility to create scripts for AutoDJ might be a feature that is reserved for the Gold version.
Yeah, I've a lifetime gold licence...
rrfpacker wrote:I set up Radio-DJ in MM4 yesterday. No problems, it works the same way it did in MM3 with the same settings.
Thanks, rrfpacker. At least I know it's probably something peculiar to my setup.

Could I just check with both of you that when you say it's working, you mean it's working as an Auto DJ plugin (because the other functionality - RadioDJ node - works for me).

Thanks...
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

By plug-in do you mean script? Then yes. I installed the script and set it up like I had it in MM3. Hope that helps and you get it working.
popper

Post by popper »

lemo wrote:
Could I just check with both of you that when you say it's working, you mean it's working as an Auto DJ plugin (because the other functionality - RadioDJ node - works for me).

Thanks...
Yes, I can confirm this, too.
larsjuh

Post by larsjuh »

The link doesn't work anymore. Is it possible to reupload the file?