Sonic skin ( Beta ) 23.01.2012

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

sesam

Re: Sonic skin ( Beta ) 23.01.2012

Post by sesam »

Wow beautiful skin, I especially like the orange/grey contrast, and that it is very easy on the eyes on a high resolution monitor (the buttons are big, and high contrast so text is easy to read). Only thing I'm missing on the skin is an Equalizer, I like to look at them bars move when listening to music :)

I have a couple of minor issues the skin, not sure if it's a skin problem or Media Monkey bug (I'm using build 1466).

- White/artifact line like this appears:
This line usually appears when I switch between windows, also a white box sometimes flashes around the outline of the play-controls (I was not able to take a picture of this)

- Windows 7 "Aero snap" does not work with this skin like it does with the default skins. You can't drag the window to the left/right sides of the screen, to make it "snap to half-screen", or dragging the window to the top to make it "maximize window".
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

sesam wrote: - White/artifact line like this appears:
This line usually appears when I switch between windows,
well this is a monkey problem with no aero skins ,this i see in all no aero skins ,
there is nothing i can do against this ,
but i can try to make the top header a big higher, maybe it overlay's the windows system buttons !?
sesam wrote:also a white box sometimes flashes around the outline of the play-controls
can't do anything against this :-?
sesam wrote: Windows 7 "Aero snap" does not work with this skin like it does with the default skins
yes ,this is a no aero skin ,where aero is disabled , to show a skinnable theme frame , but to sad this disabled also the other aero features !
sesam

Post by sesam »

DreadM wrote:but i can try to make the top header a big higher, maybe it overlay's the windows system buttons !?
Yea that would probably work, I tried adjusting the Windows Title Bar Size like this:

And I haven't seen the white line since then, so I guess there is some glitch with MediaMonkey not overlaying the windows system buttons properly.
DreadM wrote:yes ,this is a no aero skin ,where aero is disabled , to show a skinnable theme frame , but to sad this disabled also the other aero features !
Hmm yea I figured not being an Aero skin had something to do with it. I will make a bug/feature request on this, because I have seen many other fully skinned applications that fully support the Aero snap features, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible to implement also into MediaMonkey :)
Robert555

Post by Robert555 »

This skin is the best everr!!
Thanks a ton!

I have a request though..
As you must be aware..majority of the users still use windows xp and not 7 or vista.
The micro player's height in this skin is so huge that every time I minimize it..my entire taskbar increases about twice the normal size..which is why I am still not using it.

So please can you post a modified version of the skin which is usable on xp as well..i.e height 10px on the taskbar of the micro player..width change is not necessary.

Thanks again
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Robert555 wrote:As you must be aware..majority of the users still use windows xp and not 7 or vista.
I'm not so sure that's true anymore. :)

Hey Dread, my Lyrics Viewer won't run and gives me all kinds of errors with this skin selected. If you need to know the exact errors let me know and I'll give them to you.
Stop Button Freak
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Vyper,

I mentioned errors a few posts back. LV is also affected by Vision and Eclipse for MM4. What about you?
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Vyper wrote:
Robert555 wrote:As you must be aware..majority of the users still use windows xp and not 7 or vista.
Hey, that would make a good poll to see what operating system MediaMonkey users are running.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Stigg wrote:
Vyper wrote:
Hey, that would make a good poll to see what operating system MediaMonkey users are running.
Would be interesting.
rrfpacker wrote:Vyper,

I mentioned errors a few posts back. LV is also affected by Vision and Eclipse for MM4. What about you?
Oops ... I did look through all the posts but I just must have missed it. LV seems to work okay for me with the Vision skin. I don't have the Eclipse one installed.
Stop Button Freak

Post by Guest »

Vyper wrote: I'm not so sure that's true anymore. :)
Well I personally believe that still Xp users outnumber 7 users...
But anyways my issue was the micro player's height be lessened..

Any news..update on that?
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

rrfpacker wrote:I mentioned errors a few posts back. LV is also affected by Vision and Eclipse for MM4. What about you?
Vyper wrote:Hey Dread, my Lyrics Viewer won't run and gives me all kinds of errors with this skin selected. If you need to know the exact errors let me know and I'll give them to you.
I make some tests ,and here it is the same :-?
it look like this :
i open LV an MR ,
and i can switch to other skins and everything works fine ,
until i select a skin where Aero frame is disabled by Settings .ini,
than LV won't work ,and gives error message (Dock object need)
this is strange because MR works fine.
if i close now MM and start it again with the same skin as before ,LV works fine :o
so i suspect it's no skin problem,
looks more like a MM refresh problem with no areo skins, or a LV bug ,
but I'm not sure :roll:
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I really like it but i think i found a bug
http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3095 ... qx_jpg.htm