Grr, is MediaMonkey compatible with Android?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jiri

Re: Grr, is MediaMonkey compatible with Android?

Post by jiri »

I finally reproduced the issue on a MTP connected Android device - you are right the fix wasn't complete yet, it will be fully fixed in the next build 1470.

Thanks,
Jiri
mgillespie

Post by mgillespie »

Can confirm this now works correctly in 1470. M3U playlists are created as specified by the Deviceinfo XML.

I did still have a problem with the Android mediaplayer recognizing them, but this is an Android problem. (it may have eventually found them, or I may need to put my playlists under the music folder for the Android media scanner to spot them). The Mediamonkey side of the problems are now resolved.

Many thanks for sorting it out.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Great, thanks for all the reports!

Jiri
mgillespie

Post by mgillespie »

Just to close this completely. Android's media scanner (at least on my Xperia) is not perfect when it comes to playlists. I left it ages, it recognised that the sync had removed the old playlists, but not that it recreated them, I tried using the default path /Playlists and also tried /Music/Playlists. Neither really worked too well, it always showed no playlists afyer syncing.

I also tried Media Go, which comes with the phone, same problem, so it's clearly not a MM4 problem.

What DID work for me, using using this Android app, which kicks of a manual refresh of the media database:

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... diascanner
abaez

Post by abaez »

SO happy to see that this is fixed.

mgillespie - if you use Poweramp, you can have it use file based playlists and not use the database playlists. When you use the file-based playlists it will look and use the actual file m3u playlists in your playlists directory everytime and they will always be the most up to date recent versions (since obviously they get updated each time you sync).