Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.9.3 2013-12-03

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Aff

Re: Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.2 2012-01-15

Post by Aff »

Thanks for the report. Indeed I didn't notice it yet. Would be nice if you could send me your modification (if compatible with MM version 3).
abatistas1709

Post by abatistas1709 »

Aff, how can I send you the modification I did? It's compatible with MM 3, since it's the version I use.
Aff

Post by Aff »

You can send me a PM with the modification or the complete script in a Code-Tag.
Aff

Post by Aff »

abatistas1709 wrote:(...) I noticed that when the last played date gets updated, it's in GMT timezone. I've done a little modification to it in order to use the local timezone. (...)
The modification is integrated, thanks again to abatistas1709!
See the opening post please for some other improvements.
threehills

Re: Sync back ratings from portable device (MSC) v0.8 2011-1

Post by threehills »

Aff wrote:
threehills wrote:I'm also getting the sync back error mentioned previously "you have no syncronized devices".
The problem was that WMDM instead of USBMass was used. SyncBackRatings only supports USB Mass Storage Devices, not Windows Media Device Manager (see the OP please).

The reason is that the Android implementation of WMDM/MTP doesn't support ratings (see http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=12433). Otherwise MM would be able to read and sync back ratings by itself.

And here comes a short description on how to set up a mobile phone or any device as MSC:
1. Mount your device in USB mode
2. In MM you will see it as a drive letter
3. Maybe there are 2 or 3 drive letters, so check which is the one with the music on your device
3. Go to Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices and check whether the device has been detected by MediaMonkey's WMDM plugin. Uncheck that device.
4. Select the 'Generic Portable/Audio Device' plug-in and press 'Configure'
5. On the 'Device Configuration' tab, enter the Drive Letter and a Drive Label (e.g. "SPH-D710"). (Find the USB Device ID if you are sure). Press 'OK'. Once this is done, when the device is plugged in in the future, it will be recognized by the Generic Portable/Audio Device plugin instead of the WMDM plugin.
6. Configure the device (storage locations, conversions etc.)
7. Auto-Sync
If you have several MSC devices you can simply create a copy of Plugins\d_USBMass1.dll for every device.
You may read some more in the help:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... evices.htm
So been giving this another try, and here's my current problem. I have managned to connect my phone is USB mode now, however, as you outline above, MM is still connecting with it using the WMDM plugin. When go to step 4 above, I have no "'Generic Portable/Audio Device'. It was there once upon a time, when I was messing with this back in November, but now, its not there. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling MM, but I'm not sure if it's doing a full uninstall as all my playlists are still there when I launch after reinstalling. Any idea how to completely wipe MM and all it's footprints off my computer and start from scratch? Or how to reinstall the 'Generic Portable/Audio Device' plugin? ( I can't find a specific download for this plugin anywhere to reinstall it.
Aff

Re: Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.3 2012-02-19

Post by Aff »

When you go to step 3, there is a column "Plug-in File", where you should see "d_USBMass1.dll". What name do you see there?
threehills

Post by threehills »

It says "New Device"

My phone is Samsung Galaxy 2, which is showing up as WMDM, despite my connecting in USB Mass Storage mode.
Last edited by threehills on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

threehills wrote:Image

It says "New Device"
You have to disable the WMDM plugin that connect automatically and then configure the d_USBmass1 plugin to find your device.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
threehills

Post by threehills »

How does one do that? Sorry, don't see any obvious way there on the options or a quick google search. Is is something that needs to be done on my phone or on the computer? Thanks!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

threehills wrote:How does one do that? Sorry, don't see any obvious way there on the options or a quick google search.
Uncheck whichever WMDM plugin is the one that detects your device. Then select the USBmass, click the "configure" button, and go to Options > Device configuration. There you could identify your device by Drive letter, Label, or USB device ID.

It's all right in the help file: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... evices/4.0
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
threehills

Post by threehills »

Yeah buddy, it worked! Although the ratings are off by a half star when I sync back, I can live with that though. Thanks! When this script is updated with new improvements in the future, will I need to reinstall the plugin or will it automatically check for updates?
Aff

Post by Aff »

I'm glad you got it working finally, thanks to nohitter151 for his kind support!

There is a semi-automatic update (see opening post please). I hope MM will implement a fully automatic update as wished: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6239
Aff

Post by Aff »

Aff wrote:
elton.sucek wrote:I'm having a strange little problem, when I syncback some ratings it appears different in MM, for example, some songs I rate as 1 star in playerpro, appears as 1,5 star in MM, after syncback.
PlayerPro interprets the star values not exactly the same as MM, see e.g.http://www.aplayerpro.com/forum/viewtop ... 281&p=3317 and http://www.aplayerpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=866.
Possibly I'll add an option to correct this in a next version.
I've been in contact with the author of Player Pro and in very short time he kindly put a new version on the Android market now where you can set the rating system to use MediaMonkey's scale (Music library > rating system)!! :D :D
JDAustin

Post by JDAustin »

So what would cause the script to not match files from the phone (GalaxyS2) to the MM library? I used MM to put everything thats on my phone there. The xml file is updated in the PlayerPro/Stats folder. But when I go to sync back, its only looking at a subset of files. (I'm not sure which).

As a check though, I have a Album that I recently sync'd onto the phone. I did the ratings through PlayerPro and its showing in the XML. The Syncback script is not seeing this. When I backed up the files on the phone, repushed them down from MM and then overwrote the recently pushed files with the backups (since the pushed files didnt have ratings but the backups did), only then did the ratings sync. I checked the file dates and properties and they look in order.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Seems that MM "forgot" that it had synchronized the tracks before. Maybe did you change from d_WMDM.dll to USBMass1.dll? Or synced another device with the same drive letter and plug-in in between?