Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

affablefreddy

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.1 - Updated 31/01/2011

Post by affablefreddy »

hi there i have tried using this, but i get no results, i am using windows 7, is there something that i need to do to get the results? cheers guys
todobuena

Post by todobuena »

affablefreddy wrote:hi there i have tried using this, but i get no results, i am using windows 7, is there something that i need to do to get the results? cheers guys
you tried using the workaround in the post befor yours or you tried the origignal ???
batch art finder worked once awesome and was so helpful... now its a pity - its not working atm -

i want to try the workaround --- is it worth a try and easy?
by eXentric » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 pm
I found a solution that worked for me, even on Windows 7, without having to revert to XP Mode. It came from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23921

good luck - we really need this script - for me there is no other solution to get the pics...
affablefreddy

Post by affablefreddy »

it works with rate your music but for the google option i get no results i have tried what you suggested and i get no results for google, also can you get big images using batch find finder, if not then there really is no point 150x150 folder pic will not do. thanks for the reply i have loads of albums to tag with art so manually is not an option really.
affablefreddy

Post by affablefreddy »

ahhhh google does work lol fair enough, now for the size issue for album art anyone got any idea on, good size album art and image quality. please say there is a work around!!!! cheers guys
mmfan

Post by mmfan »

I have close to a TB of music, however at least 50% are unsorted collections from other people I "consumed"
Here are things I could not find info on, for the AND query
- Does the engine group by artist or album artist? Because it seems that it detects a few compilation albums which are "various artists" but displays a random artist from the album.
- Is there a way to define an album as "contains at least x tracks" (fill in X) is this possible with the extra query?
- Is there a way to exclude albums with multiple discs? Again via extra query maybe?
Cheers!
y8 | Miniclip | y3 | friv | ben10 |
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I should group by album artist, and then by artist for single tracks if you have this option enabled.

Yes, you should be able to use "AND Albums.Tracks > 3" in the Extra Info field.

I don't think there's a field that you can use for this, unless you went to the Songs table itself.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Loogie

Post by Loogie »

I dont get it. why can't we get an updated version of this? Trix, if you're giving up, then just say it, let someone else take over or something, but the rate at which you're quickly not caring is really sad and upsetting. You dont owe me, or anybody else anything, so it's your right to quit, but at least say you're quitting, and let someone else do it. It doesn't work, and this script is one of those scripts that really makes Mediamonkey unusable without it.

It's just a simple fact...if you have thousands of albums to add, without your script, Mediamonkey will be abandoned for another solution. Kudos to you and your programming skills, and I genuinely thank you, but if you're not going to put any effort going forward, then just say so.

I can't imagine it would take longer than 3 hours to figure out how to update your code to parse the updated google/images code, but in this day and age, 3 hours is hard to come by. At least be honest and say "i'm done".
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry that you feel aggrieved by the lack of time that I've had spare recently. Having had a promotion at work, I have needed to invest a little more in getting on top of things.

I have not given up on this script, nor have a quit scripting. At the same time, the code for this script has always been freely available, and anyone who wants to amend it and re-post their own version is welcome to, as long as it is properly accredited. Any changes that I like will be integrated into the main code in the next release, with the permission of the scripter, and proper accreditation.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
wrongun

Post by wrongun »

Its a shame there isnt a box for the .jpg file. It seems to be set as the album name but I was going to call it folder.jpg. Nice script though, very handy
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm pretty sure there's an option for that, but it's been a while, so I could be remembering wrong. The default would be "<Album>.jpg".
FeZ_temp

Post by FeZ_temp »

Hi Trixmoto,
are there any news about posting
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p291814 Postby johnbot

i tried to fix it by my own but i clouldnt find the correct place to fix the counter.
Any ideas how to handle this ?

tnx in advance.

FeZ
FeZ_temp

Post by FeZ_temp »

FeZ_temp wrote:Hi Trixmoto,
are there any news about posting
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p291814 Postby johnbot

i tried to fix it by my own but i clouldnt find the correct place to fix the counter.
Any ideas how to handle this ?

tnx in advance.

FeZ
and btw, please dont care about Loogie´s words. I dont understand why some people can requests for updates. He/She should be thankful for the code you already provided for FREE.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I've not had a chance to look at this. Sounds like it should be easy to fix, but incredibly difficult to work out exactly how to fix it before hand.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

Hello. I'm getting all the time no results for google search. I tried rate my music option and here I get all the time 23 results even if I say I want 1 result. Does anyone have similar problems?
mcow

Post by mcow »

trixmoto wrote:I don't really have time to go back to all of my first posts and edit them constantly to update them, especially as with this script it's not me that changes things, it's the sources.
But apparently you have time to post updates, and post repeatedly, and require your users to dig back thru a 100-page topic to find out that
GOOGLE DOESN'T WORK.

This is the same attitude as developers who say "I don't have time to write unit tests."

Is it really necessary to point out that you wouldn't be going back to "all" of your first posts? Just the ones where there are, like, serious usability problems?

Regarding the "MSINET component could not be found" error:
eXentric wrote: - Download: http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/msinet.cab
- Extract the 2 files
- Right click the msinet.inf file and choose intall.
- Done!
Thanks for the tip, but it hasn't helped me, under WindowsXP/64. FWIW, I ran that .INF file as an administrator and from a 32-bit cmd.exe (the one in Windows\SysWow64), as well as from a 64-bit Explorer.

I get the warning you describe, too, but then I get a failure when it actually comes time to download the JPEG. The script is failing on creating the "InetCtls.Inet" object. Since the script doesn't actually look at the error code and assumes all problems are the same problem, it just tries to re-register, with no improvement, whether run as administrator or not.

The actual error code I get when I try to create one of those objects in Python has a message of "Class is not licensed for use." I don't understand the details behind this, but the suggestion at this MSDN thread is to not use MSINET.OCX (obsolete!) but use System.NET instead, which doesn't require licensing or even installation on modern systems. I don't know if the scripting used in MediaMonkey can access the .NET stuff or not, but either way, I don't expect to see this working any time soon.