MM4 doesn't show art browser with details.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Batalanto!

Re: MM4 doesn't show art browser with details.

Post by Batalanto! »

Lowlander wrote:1) No, it uses the first image found in the Properties Artwork tab. If you have modified the Art on track and see old images, try clearing the image cache in the MediaMonkey Temp folder.

2) The Art & Details window still shows the cover art for the selected or Now Playing file and can be moved if you enable the Titlebar (same as in MM3) from the context menu.

LL,

On (1), how do I clear that cache?

Am still getting a lower resolution on the album cover picture when in "flow" mode.

Thanks, as always,

- NR
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Remove MMCache folder from the Temp folder (see Tools > Options > General for location). Also make sure you're running 4.0.3.
Batalanto!

Post by Batalanto! »

Lowlander wrote:Remove MMCache folder from the Temp folder (see Tools > Options > General for location). Also make sure you're running 4.0.3.
LL,

Thanks. Will do.

Is the graphics issue on developer radar?

- NR
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Batalanto!

Post by Batalanto! »

LL,

I'm not sure if this is listed as corrected and closed as of 4.0.1 or open with your final comment from December being explored. I do know it was improved somewhat but still not up to snuff. Thanks for taking the initiative to leave the comment on that thread. Let me know if there is someone else other than you I should be nagging to :)

It seems that artwork can be stored in two ways: one in the folder and another embedded as an image in the mp3 file itself (?). Does it currently default to using the smaller image? Or one type of file over the other?

- NR
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It uses a thumbnail for speed. Reading embedded or external art (doesn't matter which you use) would be really slow with large images. Thus caching/using smaller copy is a logical choice.
SBMongoos

Post by SBMongoos »

Mine loads but when I choose different song the album art doesn't update to match the song. I can move through the art and double click to a song but then it leaves the library as well. The odd thing is, again, is the library doesn't update or scroll to match the current song.