SwitchOrCopyFields: Switches or Copies song data fields

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

phuggan

Re: SwitchOrCopyFields: Switches or Copies song data fields

Post by phuggan »

Thanks for your response Eyal

Yes I do have that part of the script at the bottom of my script.ini file and the comment markers have been taken off. I am using latest version of mm.
sean

Post by sean »

So I am having trouble installing this.

I copied and pasted the code displayed in the first post of this thread into notepad, and saved it as SwitchOrCopyFields.vbs. I placed it in the scripts directory of MM. I also downloaded the Utility_Controls.vbs and Utility_General.vbs and put them in the scripts folder as well.

Is there something else I need to do? If I go to the Tools > Scripts menu, I don't see SwitchOrCopyFields.

What am I missing?? Is it perhaps not enough to simply copy and paste the code into notepad and save it as a vbs file? Am I supposed to download the actual file instead? If so, where is the link??
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hey Phuggan, Sean,

If you save the script text into the SwitchOrCopyFields.vbs file, make sure that the file's extension is vbs and not txt (like SwitchOrCopyFields.vbs.txt).
By default Windows hides well-known extenstions like txt, so you might see only SwitchOrCopyFields.vbs even if the file's name is SwitchOrCopyFields.vbs.txt (check the file's properties to be sure, or show the extension using menu Tools > Options > Display tab > uncheck "Hide extensions for well-known file types", or something like that).
In Notepad, to prevent it from saving with extension txt, choose Save As "All Files (*.*)" in the Save As dialog, and as file name use SwitchOrCopyFields.vbs

BTW: as this is a very old script, there might be better alternatives to do the same job (for example ExtractFields or RegExp Find & Replace or ???).

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hi !
I'm a new user of MM, and i'd like to use this script to copy the content of my "Mood" Field to the "Comments" field. I downloaded the three scripts (the main one and the two complimentary ones), and put them both in the "scripts" folder of MM, and in the "Auto" subfolder of the "Scripts folder". However, even while running MM as administrator, i am not able to see the scripts listed in tools > scripts. What did I do wrong ? Do I need to install something ? I apologise in advance if my question is stupid, I never (intentionnaly) tried to use a script.
Thanks for the help ! :)
Typhoon

Post by Guest »

okay, maybe I should read the two other pages before asking a question. Stand by !
Typhoon
Jaye_Glenn

Post by Jaye_Glenn »

Hello!

I've followed all instructions - downloaded the libraries, put them in the appropriate scripts folder, then created a .vbs (not txt) file out of the provided code. I then created the necessary code in the "scripts.ini" file, minus the ' symbols. Upon rebooting MediaMonkey, I got the "SwitchOrCopyFields" button.

But upon highlighting some songs and selecting the button, I get two errors in sequence:

Code: Select all

Error #13 - Microsoft VBSCript runtime error
Type mismatch: 'CreateDropDown'
File: "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\SwitchOrCopyFields.vbs", Line:75, Column: 2

Code: Select all

Error happened during script execution:
Type mismatch: 'CreateDropDown'
I tried fiddling a little with the line of code in question, but I'm way out of my depth here. Help or an update to the script would be much appreciated!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hello Jaye,

I think you missed the following two scripts: Utility_General.vbs and Utility_Controls.vbs
which are necessary for the script to run.
See first post of this thread for download instructions.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].