Clip Zip, auto sync copies all files every time

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

matt100369

Clip Zip, auto sync copies all files every time

Post by matt100369 »

Got a Sansa Clip Zip for Christmas, having some trouble with AutoSync.

I am using a command string I found on these forums to direct podcasts and audiobooks into the appropriate folders on the device, while music goes into music folder:
$If(<Genre>=Podcast,\Podcasts\, $If(<Genre>=Audiobook,\Audiobooks\,\Music\))<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Title>

I am using MTP mode. This setup loads everything correctly on the first sync, great. But on subsequent syncs, even when I have made no changes, MM brings up the "confirm deletion" dialog and tells me that all of the tracks (music, podcasts, whatever) are NOT in the sync list, even though they are. If I leave the files checked in that dialog, they all get deleted and then immediately copied in again.

This is not workable for day to say use because it takes forever, and of course I want AutoSync to only delete what it should delete and I don't want to have to comb through the "confirm deletion" list every time.

Any advice for this? Thank you.
matt100369

Re: Clip Zip, auto sync copies all files every time

Post by matt100369 »

No response here. Let me try again. I just want my Sansa Clip Zip to act like an ipod with media monkey--to automatically sync (delete old, add new) podcasts and whatever else I've selected in the device configuration. I can't seem to figure this out and would appreciate advice from anyone with experience. Thanks!
geatman

Post by geatman »

Same here. returning and getting an Ipod :(
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Dear MM users,

can anybody confirm, that MM supports differential autosync with Sansa Clip Zip, please? I.e. it is not required to delete all the previously synced files prior to adding new ones (that were added to autosync playlists). Thank you!

Cheers, M
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

We're not ignoring you, lots of us have Clips, but a quick search will show a lot of discussion about the Clip lately. It seems the latest MM4 upgrade has broken some of the auto-sync functionality with a Clip. See here for an update on one such issue. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=65031

Be patient. They will work it out.
SansaMonkey

Post by SansaMonkey »

Oh - your problems seems similar to mine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=65423.

Has anyone post a bugreport?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Yes, a bug report has been submitted...see my post right before yours and its link. Just waiting for the next release.
SansaMonkey

Post by SansaMonkey »

Do you see any difference between internal memory and external SD-Card?

Have you looked on your folders in your Mobile device?
Are there any doubled folders?

Are you speaking about FLACs or MP3s ?
(developer can reproduce it with FLAC, but not with MP3 :-? )
Martur

Post by Martur »

Has this problem been solved somehow (almost a year has passed)? I am running the latest version of Mediamonkez and have this problem in MFC mode. I want to use this mode to sync the rating back to the computer.
Martur

Post by Martur »

Interesting how slow Mediamonkey developers tackle problems... There is at present no stable Mediamonkey version that has this bug fixed. It works with 6.1.0.1625 Beta though.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you provided them with a debug log? That normally gets things fixed fairly fast.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=12&t=341
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

I picked up a clip zip over the holidays and am about to return it because of the same issue.

I've set it to auto-sync, and no matter what, it keeps adding the same files every time I sync. I have one playlist with all the music I want on the thing syncing. Not sure what's going on.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

BenRad wrote:I picked up a clip zip over the holidays and am about to return it because of the same issue.

I've set it to auto-sync, and no matter what, it keeps adding the same files every time I sync. I have one playlist with all the music I want on the thing syncing. Not sure what's going on.
I am still at a loss as to why some of you are having problems. I have four Sansa Clips(+), no Clip Zip, and all sync flawlessly with latest non-beta MM. I always auto-sync and MM "sees" all four as separate devices. I even auto-sync the micro sd card. It's really too bad because the Sansa is a wonderful device.
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

I guess it could have to do with the fact that I am using the Beta version of MM?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

BenRad wrote:I guess it could have to do with the fact that I am using the Beta version of MM?
That could be it and it looks like they are getting close to a release for 4.1