Hey Lowlander, thanks alot for all the help and suggestions. I tried all of these things you suggested, checked all my Itunes and MM settings,even rebuilt database with MM every which way, reset and cleared Ipod, also removed or rescanned any dead links etc, checked and tried all input and output options etc, updated and resynced several times with MM 4, but my (5th Gen Ipod nano) which was working great, until synced with MM 4.
Ipod still freezes or skips over many many tracks in my playlists. So even after contacting MM Support several times the last month or so, and even sending in MM Debug Log to them etc, but still, hardly any real answers or solutions from them at all. So it is apparent that Media Monkey or MM 4 is not yet fully compatible with latest Ipods etc, still a few devastating Bugs that MM Developers must fix, hopefully by the next MM Release.
Unfortunately, my Media Monkey online membership Reviews with Cnet, Softpedia and others etc, will have to agree with others, that there are just too many bugs, even in MM 4 still, especially with Ipods 5th Gen and up, and cannot recommend anyone leaving their dreaded Itunes just yet for all these Ipod sync problems and headaches. Nor can I recommend anyone purchasing MM Gold, in which I would gladly Pay, if MM Developers could fix or address all these issues, until then , just no way.
In addition to the constant freezes or skipping over many many tracks in my playlists, these are some addtl issues with Media Monkey 4:
1. The Level playback does not work well at all, with my Mp3 volumes still all over the place. Many mp3 songs volumes play much lower than others.
2. My song Times and duration, still does not show on all songs, only a few.
3. Playlists total songs and times, at bottom in MM inconsistent, so many times I have no idea how long my playlist really is.
4. Sometimes songs will play fine, sometimes they will play garbled or with a short very loud static noise, along with pauses or freezing.
5. The Auto DJ Feature , which was one of the main reasons wanted to switch to MM, is so limited, you can only use while playing on PC, will not let you take a playlist and have MM beat/tempo match songs, and save as a playlist to Ipod or MP3 Player. So still have to pay or use another program to do this very important feature for parties etc.