Just List Albums 2.1 - Updated 17/03/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Just List Albums 1.8 - Updated 27/02/2011

Post by trixmoto »

That's ok, we all have bad days.

In terms of debugging I'd definitely recommend the DebugHelper script (which allows you to right click on a track and find out database information, such as the album ID) and the SQL-Viewer script (which helps you build SQL commands and run them with MM's collations, etc).
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ClassicRockJunkie

Post by ClassicRockJunkie »

trixmoto wrote:That's ok, we all have bad days.

In terms of debugging I'd definitely recommend the DebugHelper script (which allows you to right click on a track and find out database information, such as the album ID) and the SQL-Viewer script (which helps you build SQL commands and run them with MM's collations, etc).
Right now I'm laughing and feeling a bit dumb. I found the solution which was very simple. I will say it never dawned on me having run the clear routine. I had run the DB Audit Report and it came back with no errors. At that point was when I decided to delete the files from the DB and run Clear. Now the clear routine seemed designed to start everything fresh. Yet as reported the errors were still there after reloading the files that I wanted to load. Just now on a whim I ran the MM3 DB cleanup ... voila no more erroneous entries. At least the ones that were driving me nuts - I have to look at the new report to see what all I need to fix in tags, but at least now I have confirmed the error was in the DB data. No idea why clear did not truly clear the db for a fresh start.
head4heights

Post by head4heights »

I'm struggling a bit here...
I've checked that the script.ini has the required entry for Just List Albums, it appears within MM's File>Create Reports OK as well. When selected however, it appears to look for a .TXT file albeit in the correct folder.

A Notepad dialogue box pops up with:

Cannot find the C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\JustListAlbums.vbs.txt
Do you want to create a new file?
Yes No Cancel

Somehow, .txt has been appended to the filename being called.
Heeeelp!
Expect the Unexpected!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, that's the report output file.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
beg

Post by beg »

Hi,

first of all thank you for this great script which I use a lot!

I would like to add another tag to the exported text file and do not manage to fill it with the content saved in the tag.

I tried by adding this:

<Isrc> to the TrackMask
Dim isrc
isrc = itm.ISRC
str = Replace(str,"<ISRC>",isrc)

which is not working.. :(

can anybody let me know how I can get the data from ISRC tag into this report?

thx!
Bernhard
DMeister

Post by DMeister »

New to the site and relatively new to MM. First ever experience trying to introduce a script. Any help would be appreciated with the following error message I receive when trying to install Just List Albums:

a script engine for the specified language cannot be created

Thanks in advance!

DM
DMeister

Post by DMeister »

Thanks Lowlander for the response. I'll have to check out these leads. DM
grindkrusher

Post by grindkrusher »

I am running MM4.0.6 in Portable mode. When I run the report it just displays an empty text file. No errors, no problems, and no listing.

If I purposely don't select any files, it will properly tell me that I don't have any files selected.

Is this script updated to work with MM4?

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If just tested this in MM4 and it works fine for me. Have you modified your masks at all?
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

I modified the mask for reports a while back to <artist>%<year>%<album> (I use % for when I separate fields to columns in Text to Columns).

When I tag my flac files, I use the release date mm/dd/yyyy when possible. I would like to create a report using the date. I tried <date> and it only returned the year.

Any suggestions?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script only extracts the year at the moment, sorry.
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

Thanks trixmoto. Also thanks for the hard work on the scripts.
mjkassoc

Post by mjkassoc »

I am producing great reports with this add-on. Thanks so much. There is one minor glitch that maybe someone can help with. My genre field in MM looks like this: W.Coast; Combo; Jazz

Just List Albums produces: Combo, Jazz, W.Coast in one column.

Semi-colons are replaced with commas, which is OK. Genres are rearranged alphabetically, which is not helpful.

I experimented with quotes around the Genre mask in the script. Two sets of quotes produced the results shown above. No quotes produced the above results in 3 columns, no commas. One set of quotes produced an error message.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the script isn't really designed to create CSV files, but as this is something that a lot of people seem to be doing, I'll try and get this resolved in the next version.