Album Collections 0.5 - Updated 5/19/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

-SuperFunk-

Re: Album Collections 0.4.5

Post by -SuperFunk- »

WOW this script came just in time.
It's excellent!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi AngrySpade,

I'm still very enjoying this (very well done) script, and would like to thank you for this.

Two questions:

1) Do you think it's possible to have the collection folder name(s) written into a custom field? It would be easier to know if any track is part of a collection or not. Often I forget to drag it to the Album Collection node, afterwards the fastest way I found is to check with [Find More From Same -> Album Collection] if it's already included or not in a collection. Tedious task with many involved tracks.

2) Related to first question, would it be difficult to program the ability to [Send To -> Collection folder name] tracks, similarly to [Send To -> Playlist name]? It would be incredibly easier to manage the collections this way.

Thank you!

Eyal :~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
AngrySpade

Post by AngrySpade »

Hey man,

Sorry I've been MIA. Glad to hear at least someone still enjoys it.
I've been rather busy programming for my working life...

I have a few changes that are unreleased as of now, I'll take a look into your requests over the next week and see what I can do.

-Stan
AngrySpade

Re: Album Collections 0.5

Post by AngrySpade »

Since MediaMonkey 4 finally fixed iPod support. I've found a new love for using it again.
I'm glad to hear that at least one person uses this, I still do, and a "Send To" menu was something I needed as well.

**Feature**
Send To Menu w/ History

**Improvements & Bugfixes**
Uses database album order instead of counter (this allows you to better spot/fix gaps & overlaps)
Selects first matching AlbumID when using "Find More from same Album Collection"
Better updating of Tree Node Context Menus
Rename AlbumCollection bug
Eyal

Re: Album Collections 0.5 - Updated 5/19/2012

Post by Eyal »

Great! Thanks so much!

downloading the update now.

Eyal
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

I just want to thank you for this update. I love that it saves previous Send To locations.
Now it's so easier to use.
Cheers!

Eyal :~)
AngrySpade

Post by AngrySpade »

Thanks man...

I'm trying to put together a list of bugs/features that I should work on next time I attack this thing...
Let me know if there is anything I should add...

I realize the things I don't use so often are a bit buggy.

BUGS--
Move Up/Down with Grouping Enabled throws error
Deleting an album from a collection when album is selected (of course it has to be) throws error
Move Up/Down is a bit buggy and should probably understand gaps
Move album into position shouldn't be smart
Send To Album Collection can only handle one album
Placeholder add to bottom is broken

ENHANCEMENTS--
Reload Album Collection display after using Send To
Davo

Post by Davo »

This a great program - thanks AngrySpade. Not sure if it's possible but i would like use the Album Collections with Auto DJ.
David

Post by disassembledmind »

Hey AngrySpade,

I'm not sure if you still read this board, but I wanted to say thanks for this script. It's definitely one of my favorites. Most other scripts I use help me do something with what I already have, like find lyrics to a song in my library, or find cover art for one of my movies. For me this script is the main object (for lack of a better word), and the albums enhance IT. It's a blast to play with and create new collections. If you still tinker around with the script, I would love to see an option added to display by year, or even better would be to remove the rules that prevent you from numbering however you'd like. I'm currently creating collections for the Grammy Awards by category, and it would be nice to have the year the album won in the display. Because the release year and the year of the award won't usually be the same there would have to be a way to manually enter a year. Just an idea if you ever have the time. Thanks once again for creating such an awesome script and sharing with everyone.
disassembledmind

Exporting Addon Database...

I realize development on this addon seems to have ended, and the thread is all but dead, but hopefully someone seeing this can answer a general question. I'm setting up a new computer and have decided to set up MediaMonkey without using of my old database or past configurations. The one exception I was hoping to be able to make was with this addon, which I have put a lot of work into tweaking to my liking. So what I was wondering was if it was possible to export the data from just one addon, like this one, to a new set-up of MediaMonkey (and if so, how). Thanks in advance for any help.
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

I don't use this any more but from what I remember the Data is stored inside of the MM Database so you will need to get it from there somehow.

PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS WITHOUT GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF THE DATABASE AS IT COULD TOTALLY DESTROY IT

Further from that I can't help much more sorry.
Mike
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

True, Album Collections data is strored in main database (MM.DB).

I think this script can help you restore the data: http://forum.mediamonkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42085
provided that you still have your old MM.DB somewhere as a backup.
disassembledmind

I do have a backup copy of my old database. I tried using that addon before I made my original post, but it didn't seem to do anything. I decided to try it again when I saw you mention it Eyal, but I can't tell if it's working or not. The only option I checked was to import collections. It's been running for almost 24 hours now, and the only indication from MediaMonkey that it's doing anything is a message saying "importing filters and views". I'm going to let it keep going for a little while longer, but what I'm afraid of is it will only import collections produced by the program itself, and not those produced using an addon.

P.S. My old database is 423 MB (not sure if that's big or small).